Chapter 1- The Morning Chase

60 Days With Mr. Haughty

Pancake with honey on top; such a nice breakfast to start my morning. My eldest brother, Gray, sat beside me unconsciously looking for something in his pocket.

"Andie, have you seen my phone?"

Gray asked, still moving on his chair with furrowed brows. What is up with this guy again? I shook my head in amusment.

I over looked Gray by his shoulder only to see Jaik, my second, brother holding something in his hands. Well I'm guessing it's Gray's phone. Tsk tsk, Jaik.

"Is that it?", poking Gray and making him turn to the grinning Jaik.

"What the! Hey, give me that!", cried Gray as he stood from his chair and chased Jaik.

The two ran around the dining room, then in the living room, bumped into the sofa until Gray finally caught his phone from Jaik's hands leaving him with the horrid look on his face. I wonder how did I bare with this two idiots all my life.

Oh well, guess I just got used to it.

So yeah, I have two brothers. I mean, two awsome brothers. These two are the top most loving and important people in my life. Yep, you heard me. Well, I also have my dad but he didn't like me that much. Or never really liked me, I should say.

Don't worry... We'd get there

"Boys, you're going to be late, finish your food already", dad exclaimed to the three of us. Or maybe just to the the two of them

"I'm done!" I beamed taking my bag from the chair beside me. "I'll wait for you guys"

"Yeah, like you have a choice", said Jaik which brought Gray and him into chuckles. Dad kept the cold and silent expression on his face.

I pouted, "Tss, fine!" I sarcastically said as I pushed the chair beside Gray. Since like what Jaik said, I have no choice cause I go with them to school and I'm still an illegal driver. Oh how I wish I'd have my very own ride!

So we finished breakfast, and bid goodbye to dad as the two of them went inside Gray's car when I saw Shane Wilhem, the devil of my life, gazing at me with a smirk all over his face.

I swear. He is the meanest, rudest and worst I have ever met. Even in the day that we have just met when we were kids, he had been a total freak already! He has been like this for almost 8 years, ruining my life and everything. I don't think I can even forgive him for what he have done back then. Because of that day, I lost the chance of being close to my dad.

Aside from those things, I people in school says that he had dated the half of girl population in school already! What a jerk!Oh well, who even cares. Pch.

As I saw him getting inside into his car, I also proceeded in Gray's. Gosh, his car was gorgeous!

Shane drove and paused in level with Gray's and looked at me from the driver's seat.

"Andie, step on it", said Gray wearing a knowing smirk on his face. Seems like we're thinking the same thing, huh. Yeah we all know this is illegal but who cares, it's not like I will be punished really bad or something. I'm a minor and so as Shane. It wouldn't be fair if he would be able to drive on his own and I can't.

So by that, I started the engine and drove. The three of us cheered in excitement as we got the lead. Okay let's say, I'm a minor. But on my defense, I could totally take control of the car better than any boy in our school. I just hope I can have some better car.

But after a few seconds the laughter and grins faded as Shane just passed us and in moments, he is out of our sights.

Ok, now I feel totally embarrassed. It really is the time for Gray to upgrade or buy a better car. Oh well, what can I do. Shane won again. Eesh!

We finally got into school and as I look at Gray, I can see in his eyes that he is holding back the anger within him and also the total humiliation.

"It's ok bro. You just need to have a better ride next time", said Jaik as I tap Gray's shoulders.

Wow geez Jaik! Nice comforting!

I rolled my eyes on him and shook my head. His not doing any help to comfort him!

The three of us separated and proceeded to our destinations. As I open my locker, a small piece of paper fell to the ground. What is this again? Out of my curiosity, I read the letter,

'You lost haha'

Oh please. It doesn't take a genius to know sender of this letter, I already know who wrote this freaking message.

No one else, but Shane. Again.

As I just banged the door close when somebody pulled some strands of my hair. It hurts!

"Ouch! What the heck!" I almost yelled and took a glare to the person and as I have expected,

it's the devil.

"What the hell is your problem !", I exclaimed

"You. And look who just said theA word miss goody goody", replied with a smirk

"Me again? What about me, huh?" then the waring bell rang making him smirk in his position. Argh! can't the world side with me today?

"Fix your hair", he said passing by me wearing a creepy grin I can't help but to be freaked out. I gave him a confused look and he winked! Fine! That's a bit cute but still annoying!

'Better just not mind him', I thought just as I touched the back of my head and what the!

Where and when did I get some gum stuck in my hair!

The final bell rang.

Oh no! It's our first period already! What will I do with this gum! I cannot go to class with this thing!

"Arrghh!", I stomped my feet that would probably make a hole down to the earth's core. No wonder this is his fault. Seriously, I feel like putting him on his grave any moment now!

Sould I go to class? Restroom? I looked at my watched and I'm sure the teacher will get in in any minute now.

"Oh well, who cares if I have gum in my hair anyways?" I walked full speed through the hall as some students stared at me and chuckling along with their friends . "Oh, darn it Shane. Darn it!", I muttered as I run to our class.

That devil is so dead! Well, I'd rather be the center of attention in class rather than missing my Math period.

I entered the room holding my hair with my right hand at the back of my head. Eeew! The gum is really sticky. I removed my hand from my hair and saw some sort of saliva going on. Don't tell me this darn thing is... his!

I took a deep breath and cleared my mind out of anger. Now, how will I write?

Since we have no seating arrangements for Math period, I have to look for my seat, again. I searched the room for a seat and saw a vacant one beside the devil.

"!" I muttered to myself as I'm about to take my seat.

"Ms. Rams!" Mr. Smeath called as I gave him a blank face and continued,"You were 10 minutes late for my class and you're now cursing out of nowhere?"

"Sorry Mr. Smeath, but let me explain" I said and I took a glance at Shane and as always, he's wearing his freaking smirk. Pch, who does he think he is!

"Never mind. You'll not be in detention now but do not disturb my class." he growled turning his back to face the board without hearing my reply and just continued with his writing.

I put my bag down and sat beside Shane. On my left is Lianne, my bestfriend. She mouthed, 'What happened now?' I clenched my teeth and whispered 'I'll tell you later', she nodded.

While Mr. Smeath discusses about theorems, angles and sides which I already knew, I got this awkward feeling that something is going on.

I looked in my right and in my surprise, there is no Shane! No Shane at all! A good news for me but how can he be gone without being noticed? Such a wierdo.

Our second period was Pre-Calculus and still with Mr. Smeath and still, no Shane. YAY!

After letting an hour passed by, the Math classes ended peacefully without that .

Lianne asked me to grab a snack and I told her go first and just grab a seat for me. "I'll just see you in the line Lue"

"Okay, I'll wait for ya!"

She went out of the room as I keep my things in my bag. And just when I put my ballpen in the pocket inside, there I saw my necklace. I paused for a while and without knowing, a half smile crept on my lips and a joy filled my heart.

The necklace given by Gray. Some sort of replacement for what had been gone. But still... it won't change anything though.

I lost my thoughts as I remember that Lianne is waiting for me in the cafeteria.

I rushed through the doors and through the corridors. Wow, people might be in the cafeteria already. It is a complete silence.

Wait, what was that? I heard some sort of talking people in the room back there. I can hear yells. Uhm no, more like a pleading yell, I guess.

I walked slowly and poked my head from the window of the door.

"Please, Shane! Please accept this! Read this and then tell me you don't like me. Please Shane", I saw Lanie, a student from the higher grade handing a letter, kneeling in front of Shane. Wow, I didn't knew she was into Shane. Pretty shocking though.

"I won't accept that. I said don't like you", said Shane calmly and arrogantly. My hand closed into fist ready to punch him on the face! How could he not just say better words than saying it bluntly in front of her!

"Even you don't like me. Just have time to read this", said Lanie while tears run down on her face.

Shane took the letter and turned his head to the door where I was hiding.

Oh !