Making Christmas Right

Min's Multitales (New Chapt. Feat. BTS, V)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Making Christmas Right
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 

Kai contemplated a lot of things as he sat alone on a nearby bench by the large fountain in the center of Town Square. He watched as the people walked by, hurriedly making their way around as they finished their last minute shopping. The area was beautifully adorned with all kinds of Christmas decorations (on the lamposts, the trees, and the shops) welcoming the slowly approaching evening with brightly lit lights.

He gave an audible sigh,  thinking about why he sounded so bitter toward the holiday season all of a sudden.

December 23rd, exactly one year ago, Kai was dumped by thhe girl he thought he would spend the rest of his life with. The girl he thought felt the exact same way about him. But he probably couldn't have been any more wrong than he was. She didn't care as much as he did. She didn't feel the same at all. And in the end he was the one left with nothing but a broken heart and  lingering thoughts of what could've been. Christmas for him had been ed up for good.

beep. beep.

The sound of his ring tone going off notified him that he had just received a new message. Pulling out his phone, the indicator light flashing at the top confirmed it. Quickly tapping the screen to put in the 4-digit code, the phone unlocked and displayed the message.

From: Jongdae
What are you doing tomorrow night?

To: Jongdae
Nothing. Why?

From: Jongdae
Come over. I'm rounding up the gang to hang out.

To: Jongdae
I don't know, man. I don't think I'm feeling it.

From: Jongdae
Kai, I swear to god... if you don't come over tomorrow night...

Kai held his breath, already preparing himself for the unleashing of Jongdae's wrath. If he knew him like he thought he did, it would come any minute. And just like he had expected, it did.

From: Jongdae
Honestly, bro. You need to man the up and get over it.
It's been a year and I'm not gonna let you waste it away because of some chick
who couldn't recognize a good thing even if it smacked her in the face.
Now you're coming over whether you like it or not. Do you understand?

Always the dependable Jongdae did not disappoint with his response. And though Kai hated to admit it, his best friend was absolutely right. He needed to stop ing moping about the past. She didn't want him. There was absolutely nothing he could do about it and he had to move the on with his life the same way she did.

To: Jongdae
Want me to bring something?

From: Jongdae
Nah. Your dumb is enough but thank you for offering.

To: Jongdae
I'll bring something anyways. Time?

From: Jongdae
8:00 should be good. Come looking sleek.

To: Jongdae
Fine. I'll be there.

With a short exhale, Kai placed his phone back in his pocket and placed all his effort in getting up from the bench in order to walk toward the nearest store to pick something up. He was never the type to show up empty handed so he decided on getting two bottles of wine. He wasn't looking forward to it now, but maybe getting out would be good for him.

 

----------- ♦ ----------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter