A Fated Meeting

Min's Multitales (New Chapt. Feat. BTS, V)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Fated Meeting
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 

Min proceeded with extreme caution, slowly approaching the unconscious boy, small step after small step. She didn't know what to make of the situation after having witnessing fall down to the "slums" from the plateau above.

Not only was she cautious because they boy had just fallen from the sky (so to speak) and miraculously survived, but he was most importantly, a hume boy. And from the fact alone that he was still breathing, told Min that this wasn't an ordinary hume boy.

She kneeled down beside him when she got close enough. His hair was dark and shaggy, with a few loose strands matted to his forehead and temples. He was covered in dirt, soot and debris from the fall but Min could still catch a glimpse of the fair skin that was hidden underneath. He must've been no older than she was —thirteen at most.

The small girl with would like to say that those that lived down there experienced this type of occurrence often, but that would honestly be a lie. Seeing people falling down from the sky, even to them was a little bit unsettling. Min just so happened to be at the right place at the right time in order to witness it herself.

She had been playing a game of catch inside the old abandoned church she regularly frequented, when she saw him fall through the roof and into a garden bed that had naturally grown there beside the pews.

"How did you fall?" she quietly asked, not expecting a response since he was clearly still knocked out.

His breathing was shallow and she hesitated for a moment before pressing her palm gently against his cheek, which she felt was soft and thankfully still warm.

"Five more minutes." He grumbled, making Min react by quickly retracting her hand in order to jump back into a standing position. Stilling in her place, she heard him groan and watched as his eyes slowly began fluttering open.

Min cocked her head cutely to the side when she saw his eyes opening.

"AH! DEMON!" He yelled out in a panic when he finally managed to realize what it was he was staring at. Still weak and disoriented front he fall, the boy was unable to stand as his legs continued to give out from underneath him every time he tried.

He watched in fear as the small girl's large golden eyes continued to stare over at him. He watched as a series of thin black likes appeared and disappeared from her skin —a small pair of black rounded horns protruding from her forehead. Just as they were described by his friends, the girl he was looking at was a demon. Except she seemed not at all like they had described.

"Are you okay? You took a pretty bad fall." Her husky words were gentle and her eyes expressed sincerity. Even if she was a demon, she still looked like a child around his age.

"H-how old are you?" He asked with a shaky voice.

Min straightened up, a crease forming between her brows in response to his random question. "Twelve," she admitted after a few short seconds. "You?"

He gulped and then followed by clearing his throat. "Twelve."

"So we're the same age, it seems!" She smiled brightly and he couldn't help but think she looked cute when she did. Sans the horns, markings and eyes that looked as though they could read through his soul, she looked human. And demon or not, he had to be honest with himself and acknowledge that much. Slowly but surely he could feel himself ease up. "So. You didn't answer my first question. Are you okay?"

"A little sore," He quietly admitted.

"How did you fall?"

"My friends and I were playing then all of a sudden it felt like the ground swallowed me up."

"Maybe I should have Doc check you," Min suggested after pondering for a minute.

"Like a doctor?" He asked, slightly worried. Did that mean she was going to take him to another demon? "I don't think that's a good idea."

Min looked at him sternly. "Don't worry, he's a hume."

"A hume?" Why in the world would there be a hume down here unless...

"Of course," Min responded matter-of-factly. "Many humes live down here."

After a few more seconds of convincing him, the boy agreed and started out of the old abandoned church and on the path toward the clinic with Min leading the way. The church was located in an isolated part of town, surrounded by dilapidated houses. Apparently the church and some of the houses were the victims to an attack by a gang of marauders, who had been vandalizing the nearby towns and cities until they were eventually caught and placed in a detainment facility.

On the walk over, Min noted how the boy remained somewhat cold and expressionless. Min deduced that it was probably his default appearance. Like he was the type to keep his guard up no matter what. That he was probably taught to be such a way from a younger age. Unlike her he definitely seemed more put together. More proper and graceful in his movements, posture, expression and form of speaking. He was definitely from a noble class.

Arriving to their destination, Min was amused when she saw the worried expression the boy (who was now standing beside her) wore. The clinic looked like a small little townhouse. There was nothing terribly concerning about it, yet the thought of the doctor possibly being a full-fledged demon worried him to death. He had been told such horrible stories about them and though the girl seemed nice, he couldn't truly be certain.

Min knocked and after a few seconds, footsteps leading to the front door could be heard.

The boy with raven-like hair held his breath.

"What are you doing here?" The older man's green eyes glittered under the fabricated sunlight as his eyes traveled from the familiar demon child to the unfamiliar human boy beside her. He raised a brow at the boy's strange appearance. "And who's your friend?"

"You are a human," the boy said, amazed at the fact that there was another human beside himself there.

"Of course he is." Min scoffed, slightly offended. "Why would I lie?"

He looked at her worriedly and then back at the human man. "But I thought this was a place of the forsaken."

"Not at all." Min was definitely offended. That her home he was talking about after all.

"Their still telling those stories, huh?" The doctor laughed as he shook his head. He had led the two kids to his office after checking in with nurse and was now putting on his rubber gloves in order to inspect and tend to the boys minor injuries. "The truth is, after the Empire took over, many people who couldn't afford to live in the upper city were forced to move below the street-level to Lowtown. Some were hume and some were demons. But we all once lived prosperously together up on the plateau."

"What happened?" the boy asked with a little hiss as the doctor applied some peroxide to clean out his small open wounds —like the gash on his arm.

The doctor continued. "The Empire wanted to project a more appealing image to those from the other regions. So in order to keep up with those appearances they needed to clean up their streets. They wanted to make Adelaide look like a pristine city filled with only the rich and noble."

"That's awful," He said softly, looking down at the injury that was now being bandaged up.

"Maybe so, but we don't live an impoverished life. In fact, Lowtown has developed it's own reputation and has since been bustling with liveliness."

"I-I was always told to avoid coming to the slums. Stories about it being dangerous since it was flooded with demons and that if people do something wrong they get sent here as punishment."

"How hellish. It's not like that at all!" Min defended hotly, making the boy flinch slightly as her eyes began to glow and the lines on her face momentarily appeared.

"It's okay, Min," the doctor assured her with a gentle pet on her head, making Min relax from how tense she had become after yelling. He then turned his attention back to the boy. "Like every other place in the world, we do have our bad parts, but for the most part we're just regular hardworking citizens trying to make a living. The same as those living in the upper city. Demons are no more or less threatening than you or me. Those stories are usually told by those with their own prejudices against the race. Just like how there are some against the elites."

Min looked over at the now taken aback boy. Her own suspicions had been confirmed by that alone.

He widened his dark eyes. "H-how did you-"

"You fell off the plateau and lived, son. How else would I know?" He smiled knowingly. Even the smaller scratches and bruises had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter