The Reaping Games

Min's Multitales (New Chapt. Feat. BTS, V)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Reaping Games
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 

With a bored little sigh escaping her lips, the small statured girl with long blonde hair seemed disappointed at how easy the hunt seemed to be. Making her way down the South Warren, she made her way passed cars that were set ablaze, most likely by a previous fight that had taken place before she got there. The sky was a dusty shade of pale blue, the synthetic sun hidden behind a thick curtain of clouds still managing to brighten some of the ruined landscape.

The sound of her boots clicking down the empty street echoed around her, with the occasional distant cries of the gu'rahl resonating from beyond the dilapidated buildings on her right. Her dark chocolate brown orbs moved left and right, searching. Waiting. Expecting an attack from any angle. She felt it in her bones. There was something nearby.

The girl stopped and felt a pair of soft little ears twitch against the exposed flesh of her face. "I can sense it nearby," a small voice said, coming from it's owner which had been holding onto her shoulder with it's reptilian-like paws, it's little head peaking from behind the crook of her neck.

She looked down at the small little creature; a rare species of fox-dragon that despite looking both cute and cuddly, was actually ferocious and deadly. Having a face almost dragon-like, it's mouth pointed outward into a beak, it's bright blue eyes both round and large. Seven spiked horns protruded from it's forehead, one white in the center top, two dark blue extending upward from each side of the beak toward the top of the head, and two sky blue above each eye. The rest of it's body was furry; a pale shade of blue, almost grey-like with prominent black spots on the top and all white on the bottom.

"How close?" She asked, her brow shooting upward in expectancy.

"Really close," he assured, his response causing the girl to break out into a small smile. Seeing this, he couldn't help but wag his long furry white tail around behind him.

And that's when they saw it, standing precariously at the end of the street.

Anyone else in her position would probably be mortified by the sight that was in front of her, but not her. She was never one to get scared so easily. It was why she was in the profession she was in, and why she was in the current situation she was in.

The creature in front of her was tall and haggard. A skeletal-like figure surrounded in a cloak of blackened mist. A poison that only few were immune to. One that inflicted a deadly and excruciatingly painful toxin. This was unlike the other bear-like beasts she had previously slain.

Skin-Walkers. She had finally found a worthy opponent after almost 20 minutes of looking. 

Outstretching her hand toward the side, a large double-headed scythe appeared out of thin air, filling in the empty space between her fingers and thumb. She gripped it's snath between the two blades at the end and then flung it up and over her shoulder, it's size massive in comparison to her own (making it difficult to comprehend how someone so small was able to wield such a weapon). But her strength was unrivaled. Many people knew that going into the tournament.

The light gleamed off of the freshly sharpened, worn-gold colored blades with their unique vine-pattered embossed design. And there was a familiar little glint in her eyes paired with a smirk that changed her entire demeanor. "It's about time I found you," she followed with a click of her tongue against her cheek. "Hold on for this one, Bidi," the blonde warned her companion as her eyes narrowed onto her target.

Bidi, heeding her words, shrunk back into the space between her back and her back pack, his small claws still clinging onto her thick vest as he did.

Slashing the air beside her as she readied her stance, the small girl kicked off and dashed toward her opponent at full speed.

    ----------- ♦ ----------

 

Despite how they may look, skin-walkers were as agile as they were nimble, their attack style similar to that of a Wendigo: fast, chaotic but powerful and effective. And as the small blonde had been hoping for, this one was putting up one hell of a fight. Swinging it's arms in front of itself, aiming to slash at her with it's razor-like claws, the girl managed to dodge every single attack, countering with a successful blow every time.

"You're toying with him," Bidi voiced from behind her, making the girl stop after jumping back a few paces from the creature's swipe.

"I'm having fun!" She defended haughtily, resulting in a small sigh from the fox-dragon.

"It's been five minutes too long, Min. This is still a competition after all."

She groaned and rolled her eyes. "Fine." Agreeing nonetheless since he was right. Min needed to get it over with if she wanted to be the one to gain the points. The last thing she wanted was for someone to steal her kill. "Unlock." Uttering her trigger word, the scythe doubled in sized, split in the center and now becoming dual scythes. Golden vines now entwined from the grip of each weapon o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter