Our Story (Suho)

EXO Oneshots
I stand nervously with sweating hands at the end of the aisle. The double doors to the main hall swing open and the one I was waiting for enters in her beautiful white dress. She gracefully walks down the aisle hand clinging on her father's arm while the other one holds the bouquet. With every step that she takes, I feel my heart trembling even more. A joyous tremble that is. Nervousness and happiness both escalade as I see her walking with a gentle yet heart-stopping smile.
 
People say our love story is like that of a Cinderella. People say she's the one who is lucky to have me. Well... That maybe true considering our social statuses. But if you look at it beyond that, I have to say our story is more like Beauty and the Beast.
Money and fame had always been the center of my life.
 
Had. Not anymore. Not since I met her.
 
I always thought that money equals power. Yes, that notion is true to some extent, but not everything can be bought with money. I always thought that even love can be bought because I know all the girls that I dated before threw themselves to me because of my social status. But not her. No. She's different. She didn't even throw herself to me; let alone noticed me.
 
I was the one who was captivated by her. I was the one chasing after her wanting her to look my way. And when she did, I only find myself falling deeper. I didn't know why. She wasn't even my type. She was too far, even, from my ideal type. Her personality contradicts mine a lot. But that was the very reason why she fits me so perfectly. And maybe that was why I couldn't - and still can't- stop myself from falling for her.
 
But even so, winning her heart didn't come easy. She didn't easily give her heart to me. Not even after all the things I bought to woo her. And that is when I realized that she can't be bought with money. That it takes effort and sincere feeling to win her heart.
 
Unlike Cinderella who immediately fell in love with the prince, she is more like Belle who slowly, but gradually -and with an effort from the Beast too- fell in love. Nonetheless, even if our story is like that of Cinderella, I know I wouldn't have to make every girl in town try the glass slipper just so that I can find her. I wouldn't even forget how this beautiful lady who now takes my hand looked like. I would never forget this face that I am now looking at. I would never forget these eyes adorned with long eyelashes and this sweet smile of hers. I would surely recognize her even without the slipper.
 
People may still think that she is the lucky one...
 
"Do you, Kim Joonmyeon, take ___(y/n) to be your wife?" The priest's deep voice boom throughout the hall.
"I do." I firmly answer.
 
...but they will have to rethink it. Because right now...
 
"And do you, ____, take Kim Joonmyeon to be your husband?"
"I do." Her soft voice rings through my ears making me unable to stop the corners of my lips from curling upward. The feeling of joy I am feeling right now surpasses that of when she agreed to be my girlfriend and when she said yes to my proposal.
 
...she is the one who once again makes me feel like I'm the luckiest man on earth.
 
Now that I think about it again, I guess our story is different from Beauty and the Beast too. Not just because of the fact that I didn't pick her out as she was lost wandering in my "castle" and that I wasn't going to die if she didn't reciprocate my feeling for her. And not just because she certainly didn't have to help me break any kinds of magical curse. But more than that, their story -just like any other fairytales- ends with their happily-ever-after.
However, our love story just moves on to another level. And today's happily-ever-after is certainly not the end, rather, it is the start of our next journey together.