Erased (Lay)

EXO Oneshots

"Guess who!" I closed his eyes with both of my hands from behind him who was so immersed in playing his guitar.

He chuckles knowing perfectly who it was just from my voice.
"The only girl I love, of course!"

I opened his eyes and moved my arms hugging his neck as he gave a peck ok my cheek and I gave one in return. Yixing's music room was not that big, but it was where he spent most of his time composing new songs.

"Are you working on a new song?" I asked still locking his neck in my arms.

"Mmm..." He nodded. "And when it's done, I'll let you be the first one to hear it." I smiled widely at what he said. He always wanted me to be the first to know everything that he does.

----
"__________(y/n)!" He back-hugged me trying to stop me. But my mind had been set. He couldn't stop me. He shouldn't. "Why are you acting like this,_____?"

No, Yixing. Please don't do this to me now.
I kept on wishing for him to just let me go.

I tried to move my body, so that he would let go of his hug, but instead he hugged me tighter.

"Let me go, Yixing! You heard what I said! I don't love you anymore!" Lies! All lies! I didn't want him to let me go. I loved him. But I couldn't be with him.

"Why do you keep on saying that? Don't lie to me. Why do you say you don't love me anymore? Did I do something wrong?"

"I'm not lying!" Lie! "I'm tired of us! I'm tired of you!" He slowly loosened his arms that hugged me.

"You're tired of me?" He finally completely let go of his embrace.

I took a deep breath before finally turning to look at him.

"Yes! I'm tired of us. I'm tired of how your parents treat me. I'm tired of you. I'm tired of how kind you are to others. I'm tired of you being too patient. You're too weak!" He slowly looked down avoiding my eyes.

I'm sorry, Yixing! I really am...
My heart was broken at every word I spoke to him. But I had to. His parents never approved of our relationship. They gave me a ticket to chase my dream and of course to get me as far away from their son as possible.
No. I didn't choose to forsake the love of my life just to chase my dream. But I could see how our relationship would only hurt his relationship with his his parents.

"I need a tough man! That's why we need to break up! That's why I want you to forget everything about me. About us." I tried so hard to hold in the tears as silence started building up. There we stood facing each other as silence remained for what felt like hours.

"Araso," his word finally broke the silence.

"Ne?"

"I'm sorry for being too weak. I'm sorry you had to put up with my parents. You were right. You need someone better than me. Someone whose family will love you too. But I'm sorry, _____, I don't think I can forget about you or about us. I'm sorry." He tried to force a smile as I stood there in disbelief. There I was breaking his heart into pieces, yet he was the one who apologized.

But now I wish I can just go back to that time and unsay what I said. I wish I didn't say those words I didn't even mean to say. Or at least, I wish Yixing remembers what he said. That he can't forget about me. It's all too late now.

Here I am sitting at the Hospital's corridor trying to let reality sink in me. Tears can't stop escaping my eyes.

I was the first one he saw when he opened his eyes, but he didn't even know who I am.

Why did he have to find out that I was going because of his parents?

If only I didn't agree to go, he wouldn't have chased me to the airport. If he didn't try to stop me from going, he wouldn't got into that car accident. If he didn't got into that car accident, he would've still remembered me.

Why did I agree to go? Why did I give up on us? Why didn't I try to hang on a bit longer?
I keep on asking myself as I hit my chest repeatedly.

Now, all he remembers is his highschool girlfriend. Now, he doesn't remember the things that we do together. Now, he doesn't remember the songs he wrote for me. Now, he doesn't even know I exist in his life.

Now, I'm completely erased from his memory.