Under the Mistletoe

EXO Oneshots

"We are one! Bye, everyone!" 

The Christmas special stage is finally over. At least now we can have a Christmas break - though only for four days -, rest, and spend time with our families. Well, at least the Korean members can go home and meet their families.

"Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad! I'm sorry I can't come home again for Christmas this year." I say over the phone.

"Merry Christmas too, honey!" exclaims Mom. 

"It's okay, Luhan. We just hope that you are happy and stay healthy," says Dad.

"I am, Dad."

"And I hope you can find someone you love this year and bring her here when you come back." Mom giggles and I laugh.

"I don't think that will happen soon with all the crazy schedules coming up." I laugh again.

"Okay just remember not to overwork yourself. Okay, dear?"

"Okay, Mom! Bye!"

"Find love?" I chuckle to myself.
I wish I didn't reject her.
I sigh remembering my best friend ___(y/n). 

We've been friends since we were kids and we grew up having feelings for each other. She was the one who had the courage to confess her feeling to me. I was going to say 'yes', but I was afraid that I might hurt her and she might be tired of waiting because I had been preparing to go to Korea and chase my dream. But now... Now I regret rejecting her. I've even lost her contact and Mom said she had moved too. If only I can turn back time. If only Tao's power is real.

"Gege, are you coming with us?" asks Tao who is going to spend the Christmas watching a movie with Kris and Lay.

"No, I can't. I was invited by Mom's friend who live here for a Christmas dinner tonight. You guys go enjoy the night." 

"Okay then. Bye!" The three wave.

----
"Oh my! Are you Luhan?" A lady wearing a simple black dress with her neck adorned with sparkling necklace opens the door. I nod and smile replying her question. "You have grown up into a handsome man! Come in!" She grins from ear to ear. "You can call me Aunt Lee."

I come into her house. It is not that big, but it is very decent with Christmas garlands hung on the walls and twisted on the rails of the stair and a beautifully decorated Christmas tree standing tall near the fireplace in the living room. I see some men and women older than me sitting on the couch laughing and talking while others stand sipping their wine; all in dresses and suits. Jazz Christmas songs are played. A fine dinner it is.

"I'm so sorry that everyone in here is older than you," Aunt Lee chuckles.

"It's okay, aunty." I smile to her.

"But don't worry my niece will come down soon. You can take a glass of wine over there."

"Sure, aunty." I walk to the bar where there is glasses of wine are and take one glass. I take a sip and look around the room. 

"Hi, Aunty!" A girl wearing a long sleeve maroon dress gives Aunt Lee a back hug.

She turns around and my heart stops for a second when I see who she is. It's ____!

Aunt Lee whispers something to her while pointing at me. She turns to look at me. Her smile slowly fades in surprise, but it then reappears. She gives me her sweetest smile - the smile that made my heart skip a beat then and now. She waves a little and I nod and wave back.

She greets some of Aunt Lee's acquaintances. I watch from afar smiling at how she remains that same bright friend I love yet at the same time has turned into a beautiful elegant lady. She finally walks approaching me and takes a glass of wine. 

"Hey.." She greets me. "I didn't expect my aunt's friend's son will be you." 

"I-I didn't expect Aunt Lee's niece will be you either," I stutter seeing how much beautiful she is this close. Her long eyelashes, her gentle stare, her lips that curl into a smile, and the locks of her beautiful wavy hair hanging beautifully - everything about her makes my heart flutters. But above all, it was (and is) her heart that makes me fall in love with her.

"I...didn't know you are in Korea," I add. She only smiles.

"By the way, I know it's late...well actually really late, but congratulations for your debut!" She congratulates me.

"Thank you!"

"You must be happy now that you have achieved your dreams."

"Well yeah...but..."
My happiness is not complete without you!

"____!" Aunt Lee suddenly calls her. "Can you help me hang this?" She hands her a mistletoe that has three berries on it.

"Sure, Aunty!"

"Let me help you with that." I offer her a help.

"No It's okay," she replies as she takes a stool for her to stand on. She stands on it and hang the mistletoe on the door post that separates the living room and the kitchen.

When she's about to step down, the stool shakes and she looses her balance. I quickly run toward her and catch her just in time when she falls. My arms are wrapped around her waist and I look into her eyes that are widen by the shock of falling. Our eyes locked and I give her a gentle kiss. 

"Y-y-ya!" She exclaims when our lips parted. I point to the mistletoe and she blushes. She tries to break away from my hold, but I pull her closer.

"_____... I-I've been regretting my decision of rejecting you," she only stares at me intensely and I continue, "You ask me if I'm happy. Yes, I am. But this happiness isn't complete without you. Achieving my dream without you by my side doesn't feel right. I wasn't brave enough to tell you how I feel. But I've been given a second chance now and I'm not going to throw it away. I... I love you, ____! Will you be mine?"

The sparkling eyes of her only blinks and she looks away.

What am I thinking? Why would she accept me after I rejected her!

Not receiving any response, I slowly let go of her and look away. But then, she puts her hand on my cheek and as I turn to look at her, she gives a peck on my lips. 

"My heart for you never changes. I love you too, Luhan." She smiles brightly making my heart races. "Merry Christmas, Luhan!"

"Merry Christmas,_____!"
Our faces inch closer and our lips meet once again. We both smile to the kiss. She puts her arms around my neck as I deepen the kiss right under the mistletoe.