TWELVE - Lover of the Rain Lover (Chen)

EXO Oneshots

TWELVE

Drip drop. Drip drop.
Pitter patter.
Splash.
Crash.

The symphony of drops of water splashing against the ground and clattering along the roof accompanied by the crashing sound of the sky pleasantly filled my ears. Water trickled down the window giving off a serene vibe.

This is why I love the rainy season. But not for the feeling of tranquility it gives off. Not for the rain itself.

Thunder. Lightning.
Those are what I love- no. Loved.

My little feet would always lead me outside every time it rained when I was little. My little arms would stretch wide, not to feel the water kissing my skin, but to feel sparkles of lightning playing on my fingertips. Mom would nagged me afterwards when she found me soaking wet, clothes sticking to my body, and droplets of water hanging on my hair.

No one understood my love for lightning and thunder. They're my friends. And I loved them more than anything. Maybe even more than anyone.

Until...

I found you.

You who just giggled it away when your mom nagged you for being soaked in rain. You who would throw away your umbrella just to feel drops of rain caress your skin and to let your feet dance in puddles. You who wouldn't complain if you catch a cold the next day. You who loved to sit beside the window in your room with a book on your lap when it rained. You whose lips always curl upward driving away any kind of burden in your heart when you see drop after drop of water falling from the sky. You who, instead of flinching in fear when the sky rumbles, take it as a sign to meet your love, eyes sparkling. You who made the lightning inside of me glitch in excitement making my heart beat faster.

It may be rain and not lightning that you love, but you resemble lightning more than rain. Because like lightning you came into my life. And fortunately, you stay.

I may be the one to control lightning. But you control me. And I found myself electrified by you in ways I never felt before.

Pitter patter. Pitter patter.

And now, it's not thunder and lightning or the rainy season that I love.

It's you.

Pitter patter. Pitter patter.

You who is now wrapped in my arms snuggling closer to me to get warmth as we lie under the thick duvet.

Pitter patter. Pitter patter.

This is why I love rainy season now.

Pitter patter. Pitter patter.

But more than thunder, 
More than lightning, 
More than rain,

I love you.

You, my rain lover.