No Space in Between (Luhan)

EXO Oneshots

He flipped through her notebook and found scribbles on some pages. Most of them were her doodles of a prince and a princess.

Tsk. Childish much!

Her bathroom door creaked open and soon after she came out of the bathroom drying her hair with a towel.

"Ack!" She shrieked when she saw him sitting on her bed with her notebook in his hands. "Luhan! What are you doing here?! How did you get in my room? And is that my high school notebook?!" Her eyes grew wide as she quickly ran to him. She snatched away her notebook and tossed it on her bedside table. "Don't you know the word 'privacy'?"

"Whoa!" Luhan raised both hands. "Chill, woman," he chuckled but she glared at him "Hey, it's not like it's your diary or something. And why are you so flustered with me being in your room? First," he held up one finger, "your mom let me go to your room just as usual. Second, your room is unlocked. Third, like I said, it's not my first time in your room. And lastly, I just came back, so shouldn't I get a welcome hug?"

"Ugh! Mom!" She pulled her hair in frustration. "We're not kids anymore, Lu! Boys shouldn't just casually entered a girl's room. And I'M a girl!"

"But it's not my first time and you're a girl but you're my best friend."

"Still, Lu!" She persisted. "Thank God I changed in the bathroom!" She mumbled more to herself.

"Or what?" He eyed her from head to toes. "It's not like there's much to see," he .

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Ya! You- you- whoa!" She scoffed to the side and forced a chuckle. "That's it! Out! Now!" She angrily pointed at the door.

"Hey why are you so worked up?"

"Now, Luhan! Off the bed!" She pulled him by his arm to make him stand.

"Okay okay. I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He stood up and pouted. "By the way," he eyed her again looking at how she dressed up. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes. Now get out," she crossed her arms.

"Ooh~," he wiggled his eyebrows, "Date? With a boyfriend?"

She sighed. "Yes to both."

In that moment, he felt his heart was pricked. "What?! You have a boyfriend and you never told me?"

She rolled her eyes and turned him around pushing him toward the door. "Out!"

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" Luhan hold on to the door's frame pivoting his head to her who was behind him.

"What?" She asked brusquely when she stopped pushing him.

"Where's my welcome hug?"

"Ugh! I have to dry my hair and get ready now. Hug later. Now out!" She gave him a final push and he was out of her bedroom in seconds just before she slammed the door shut and locked it.

"Aish! What's with her? Is she on her period?" Luhan furrowed his brows and sighed walking away from her room. "She has a boyfriend?"
.
.
She leaned back against the door right after she slammed it shut. She raised a hand to her chest feeling the fast beating of her heart. She then bit down her lip.

He's back... He's back She kept on saying in her mind as if the words were chants. Oh no! Did he saw that scribbles? She quickly grabbed the notebook and flipped through it. Where did he leave off? She closed her notebook and sunk to her bed. I hope he didn't.

She placed her book back on the bedside table and glanced at the photo on the table. It was a picture of Luhan and her on their high school graduation day. They were both raising a bouquet of flowers as her other arm circled around his waist while his other arm circled around her shoulders bringing them close.

Friends till death, right?/
_____
FLASHBACK

Minseok rubbed his face as he mentally screamed in his mind.

"Guys," he tiredly called the two who were still arguing. "Guys," he called again when the two didn't reply. "Guys!" He finally shouted, but they still didn't reply.

Minseok finally turn to his other friend sitting beside him who was busy eating trying not to interfere in the fight.

"Kris! Ya! Will you help me, please?"

"They didn't even listen to you. Why do you think they will listen to me?"

"Just help me here, please!" Minseok pleaded through gritted teeth.

"Okay. Okay. Geez," Kris put down his chopsticks.

"Uh... Guys? Guys?" He called but was ignored. "HEY, GUYS!" Kris shouted as he unintentionally slammed the table.

"WHAT?!" Both of them shouted back in unison as they snapped their heads to him.

Kris jumped in his seat a little as he was shocked by their reaction. "Whoa! Uhm.. Uh- uh - Minseok got something to say," he slowly pointed at the eldest of them and went back to his food trying so hard to be invisible.

"Wow! Thanks for the help Kris!" Minseok noted sarcastically before turning to the two. "And you two!" He pointed at both. "Will you both stop screaming at each other and tell us what the hell happened instead?!"

"He started it!" The girl pointed at the guy.

"I started it?! You did!"

"No, you did!"

"You did!"

"You!"

"You!"

"Oh for the love of coffee, stop!" Minseok finally stood up and the two stopped arguing. Some other students started looking their way. He sat back down with a huff. "Gosh! Guys, we're high school seniors! Not preschool students! And we're in the middle of the cafeteria here. I wanted to know what the hell happened, not who started it!" He glared at both and the girl pouted lowering her head. He then sighed and continued, "You know, at this rate you both might end up marrying each other."

"What?!" Luhan asked surprised before he looked at the girl beside him and they both suddenly bursted out laughing. "Us? Marrying each other?" He laughed again and Minseok just rolled his eyes. "Did you hear that?" Luhan asked the still laughing girl beside him who nodded to him. "Hell no!"

"You always fight like a couple, you know," Minseok commented.

"That's because we're childhood friends plus best friends, Minseok!" She replied slinging an arm around Luhan's neck.

"Right!" Luhan nodded. "But if any of us two is ever going to fall for each other, it would be her. Oh wait!" Luhan turned to her. "You do like me don't you?"

"What?" She raised an eyebrow and scoffed to the side. "I do not!"

"Eyy!" He pinched her cheek. "Admit it! You like me don't you? You're so obvious!" Luhan chortled.

"I do NOT like you in that way!"

"Oh come on! Isn't that why you can't take your eyes off of me when I play soccer?"

"Whoa!" She scoffed. "You're unbelievable!" She rolled her eyes.

"Ya!" Kris suddenly spoke up. "If there's any of you who can't take his eyes off of the other, that will be you." Kris pointed at Luhan with his chopsticks.

"I know right, Kris!" She nodded excitedly and gave him a hi-five.

"What? Me? Haha!" Luhan forced a laughter. "Very funny, Kris! Look at her! Short bob hair, stubborn, abbusive-"

"Hey!" She slapped his arm.

"See! Oh! And did I say she's stubborn? Hell no, I don't like this girl! She's not my type."

"You're not mine either!" She poked out her tongue at him.

Minseok buried his face in his hands and shook his head.

"C'yeah right. I said he likes you, but I know you like him too," Kris added now pointing his chopsticks at her.

"Ya! You!" She raised her fist and Kris flinched chuckling. "Tsk." She clucked. "Come on, Lu!" She stood up glaring at both Minseok and Kris. "Let's go argue somewhere else! Your friends have lost their minds!"

"I know right!" Luhan stood up and sling an arm around her neck. "Let's go somewhere else where we can fight peacefully." Minseok snorted at his statement and they left.

"They're not actually going to continue their fight, are they?" Kris mused watching the pair left.

"Nope," Minseok shook his head.

"They're just going to cuddle at the rooftop instead."

"Yeap!" Minseok chuckled.

"Those two are so in love," Kris commented.

"Yeah, tell me about it!" Minseok agreed nodding. "But they better realize it soon, or else they might never get out from that friend zone and end up hurt."

FLASHBACK ENDS
_____
She glared at the guy sitting beside her who was happily eating his pasta.

"Hmm. This is good!" He said still munching.

She squinted her eyes at him and he finally looked at her.

"What?" He asked blinking his eyes. "Aren't you going to eat? Your boyfriend has bought it for you!" He turned to the guy in front of him. "What's your name again? Something about sugar- oh! Icing?"

The guy just chuckled and smiled showing his dimple. "It's Yixing."

"Ah right! Yixing!" He then eyed the chicken in front of Yixing. "Are you going to eat that?"

He grabbed the chicken and immediately ate it before Yixing even answered.

"Ya!" The girl slapped his arm reprimanding him.

"It's okay! There's still more." Yixing chuckled.

"Sorry, Yixing!" She smiled embarassed. "This friend of mine is sometimes crazy." She smiled to him but then glared at her said friend.

Yixing just chuckled again. He then picked a chicken with his chopsticks. "Do you want some?" He asked her flashing his dimple.

"Sure!" He placed the chicken on her plate. "Thank you Yixing! You're very kind," she smiled to him.

Luhan eyed them from the corner of his eyes and squinted his eyes on Yixing.

Psh. Luring girls with that stupid dimple, huh?! Lame!

Luhan then put on his best smile. "Oh look! Your glass is empty!" He noted. "Here let me be the one to fill it up."

Luhan took the jar of water and poured it on Yixing's glass who bobbed his head in thanks to him. But then he purposely spilled some of the water to Yixing's plate, and some splashed to his shirt.

"Lu!" She shouted at him.

"Oh my god!" Luhan exclaimed putting the jar back down. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he bobbed his head and gave Yixing a napkin.

"It's okay," Yixing just smiled again.

Luhan sat back down.

What the? What is this guy? He's not even mad? He wondered furrowing his brows at Yixing who was busy wiping his shirt.

She, on the other hand, glared at him. She then turned to Yixing. "Yixing, I'm going to use the toilet for a while."

Yixing briefly looked up. "Oh yeah. Sure."

She then turned to Luhan with a fake smile. "Let's go, Luhan!"

"What?" He cocked an eyebrow. "I don't wanna go to the toilet!"

"You said you wanted to, right?" She tried to still smile when she's already gritting her teeth.

"I did n- owh!" She stepped on Luhan's foot.

"Yes, you did." smiled but her eyes were already glaring at him.

"Y-y-yes! Yes, I did!" He quickly stood up. "Excuse us."

They both exited the restaurant and walked toward the mall's toilet, but she pulled him to a quiet corner instead.

"What was that back there?" She immediately asked crossing her arms.

"What?" He asked with innocent eyes.

"Why are you tagging along? And why are you doing those to Yixing?"

"Okay first, I just came back from abroad so I wanna spend more time with you. And second, that was unintentional."

"Oh come on, Lu! Everyone knows you do it on purpose! And how many times do I have to tell you we're not kids nor highschoolers anymore! I'm not saying we're not friends anymore, but we gonna draw a line here, Lu! You're my boy friend. Boy space friend. You're my guy friend, not my boyfriend without the space." She huffed and uncrossed her arms. Her shoulders slumped. "We gotta know the limit even though we're best friends, Lu. I'm gonna go back to Yixing now." She walked past him, but she was suddenly pulled and turned around.

The next thing she knew, she was facing Luhan's chest and was trapped in his embrace.

"Lu? What are you doing?" She struggled to get away, but he tightened his arms around her. "Luhan, people are watching!" She said as some people passed by.

"Don't go to him," he said in a small voice.

"What? Why? What are you talking about?" She asked not understanding.

"I know he's your boyfriend, but please hear me out."

He loosen his arms around her and pulled her away to an arm's length holding onto her shoulders. She just blinked at him as his eyes stared at her. She was surprised to see how serious he looked.

"I...," he started, "I don't think I can be your friend anymore."

"What?" Her eyes rounded in surprise.

"I'm sorry. But I don't think I can handle being your friend till death."

"Luhan, what are you talking about?"

"I can't because I want to be your boyfriend," he said and she blinked. She was taken aback by what he said. "And yes, boyfriend without the space," he added rolling his eyes a bit. "I didn't know my own feelings back then. Maybe because being with you had become a habit. We fought, we pulled on childish pranks, we texted each other until late at night. You know... All that stuff!"

"Yeah, I remembered!" She chuckled a bit.

Luhan continued, "Even when I started feeling different for you, I couldn't man up and just say it to you. But when we graduated and I went abroad, I couldn't get you out of my mind. I kept on thinking about you. And not just as a friend. I thought of you a lot, just as a man to a woman."

"Luhan..."

"Now I know my feeling. And I'm certain of it. I like you - no - I love you." He looked straight into her eyes. He felt like a burden had been lifted off of his chest. The things he couldn't say then, he was finally able to utter now.

"But I guess I'm too late now, huh?" His hands that were on her shoulders slid down to his side. He lowered his head trying to hold back the tears stinging his eyes. "At least, I'm able to say it now, right?" He looked up at her again with a forced smile.

She had been staying silent, not knowing how to reply to her best friend's sudden confession.

"And you're right!" He spoke up again. "We should draw the line. I just hope that you're going to be happy with Yixing."

Her gaze fell to the ground at his words.

"Ah! Haha," he laughed a bit. "Did I just make it awkward between us? Sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'll just go now. You should go back to Yixing. He's probably waiting for you. Tell him I'm sorry, alright?" He smiled and walked away after ruffling her hair.

With every step he took, Luhan had an urge to look back at her, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. Suddenly, he heard quick steps and found her standing right in front of him, panting.

"You jerk!" She shouted at him and she suddenly grabbed his collar lifting his shirt a bit with her hands.

"Y-ya!" Luhan's eyes darted around their surrounding. "If you're gonna beat me up, not here, stupid!"

"Jerk!" She continued to say. "Leaving a girl after confessing!" She scoffed still grabbing his collar. She then leaned closer and tiptoed.

Before Luhan could register anything in his mind, he felt a pair of lips pressed against his and his eyes widened.

"Y-ya! Wh-what were you thinking?" He stuttered when she pulled away soon after. "What if Yixing saw us?"

"Stupid!" She hit his chest. "Yixing's not my boyfriend. He's just a good friend I made at my university. He asked me out today to help him choose a gift for his girlfriend."

"W-what? Seriously?" He asked with widened eyes and she slowly nodded. "S-so... Does that mean..."

"Yes! I love you too! I love you, my stupid jerk best friend! Why did it take you so long to confess?" She lightly hit him again and pouted.

"Why did you lie about not liking me?" He asked back.

"Because you lied first!"

"No. You did!" He defended.

"No, it was you!"

"Stubborn!" Luhan lightly pushed her forehead with a finger. A corner of his lips curled up.

"Ya!" She rubbed her forehead. She wanted to beat him, but she was then trapped in his arms again.

"I love you!"

Her lips curled into a smile. She took a moment to wrap her arms around his torso before she replied, "I love you too, Lu!"
_____
FLASHBACK

LUHAN.
LUHAN + ME.
STUPID DEER.
She scribbled down the words on her notebook and added hearts around them.

"Whatcha doing?" A head suddenly popped beside her and she quickly closed her notebook.

"Nothing," she grinned sheepishly at the boy.

"If you weren't doing anything than why didn't you go to the cafeteria already? Geez." He rolled his eyes.

"I was waiting for you. You usually came here and picked me up in my class."

"Then are you going to starve yourself if I didn't come? Aish! Spoiled brat!" He flicked her forehead and she pouted rubbing it.

"Lu!"

"Let's go!" Luhan grabbed her arm and pulled her up from her seat. He dragged her out of the classroom leaving the notebook lying on the table.

If you're okay with it, I will like to hold you like this forever. He thought with a smile as he looked down at her hand in his.