Forget You Not (Sehun)

EXO Oneshots

Folklore says that blowing the seeds off a dandelion is said to carry one's thoughts and wishes to his loved ones.

She closed her eyes and gripped the stem of the flower that somehow looks tender and fragile. She had always fancied myths and folklores, but she never really believed in them. Not until that one fine day. So now, she wished the folklore would prove itself true one more time.

I wish you find happiness. I'm sorry. I love you.
She took a deep breath and let out a soft breath sending the seeds off the flower flying to the sky and dancing along with the wind.

-----
A ray of sunlight pierced through the small gap of the curtain bringing its warmth to kiss the sleeper's face. His closed eyes twitched at the sudden intrusion of the light that seemed to try to wake him up. Yet, he refused to do so. He turned to the other side; his back now turned towards the window.

He tried to enter back his slumberland, but he could feel through his closed eyes that a pair of eyes are staring at his face. He slowly opened his eyes, and sure enough a pair of sparkling eyes greeted him. His eyes traveled down to the lips of the girl laying facing him that curled upwards. His lips too curled into a small smile and his eyes turned into crescents. But his smile didn't last long for when his hand was about to caress her face, she disappeared.

He wished she were really there beside him. But she was just an imagination - or more accurately...his memory.

He let out a deep sigh, balled his hand that was about to caress her into a fist and squeezed his eyes before abruptly getting up from the bed. He ruffled his hair as he walked away from his bed. He opened the doors to the balcony and breathed in the fresh morning air. He leaned forward on the rail and looked up the sky closing his eyes.

You said people always forget about you. You said you are easily forgotten. But why can't I erase you from my memory?

2 YEARS AGO
Sehun was fed up with his parents' constant request for him to meet with the girl he was arranged to marry on dates. Being the cold person he was, he didn't really mind marrying someone he doesn't love for he didn't believe in love. However, he didn't see a reason why he had to meet the girl on dates too. Heck. He would have all the rest of his life to spend with her after they got married. He just wanted a time to enjoy his freedom now.

He thus decided to run away for a month not just from the city, but from the country. He decided to go to Edinburgh, but after spending a week in the city, he didn't feel relieved. He then rented a car and hit the road to the more rural area of Scotland searching for peace.

After hours of driving and passing countless wind turbines, the road got smaller and the hedges grew higher. He rounded a corner and finally arrived at a cottage he rented. Sehun stepped out of the car and breathed in the fresh scent of the trees and grass lingering in the air.

He entered the small cottage and walked around the house checking the rooms before finally walking out through the back door. Once he opened the door, a somewhat vast landscape and shimmering lake greeted him. He walked to a wooden dock connecting the land and the lake.

Now this is nice!
He thought happily while burying his hands in the pockets of his jeans. He scanned the marvelous view before him. The sky was slowly - oh so very slowly! - turning to orange brushing off its blue color. Sehun smiled once again before turning around to walk back inside the house.

Just as he turned around, something caught his attention from the corner of his eyes. He turned his head to look at that direction and saw a girl in a simple pastel color long sleeves shirt and white skirt walking on the meadow full of daisies and dandelions across the lake. She was looking up at the sky with a smile on her face. Sehun's eyes were glued on her who was now sitting on the grass carpet. He didn't know why but that smile on her face seemed to be full of serenity making him feel serene himself. A small smile curled on his lips as he turned around to walk inside the house.

The next day, he went to the dock hoping to see the girl again. It wasn't really the girl herself that he was expecting to see. Rather, it was her smile. That smile that seemed to show how burden-less her life was. That smile that sent his stress away.

He sat down on the dock throwing some rocks to skip on the water while waiting for the girl. After hours, the girl finally showed up. But the smile he was expecting to see wasn't on her face. 
.
.
She sat down on the lush green grass with daisies and dandelions surrounding her. She then picked a dandelion and looked at it sadly while spinning the stem between her thumb and index finger. She was looking at the puffball-like flower, but her mind went elsewhere.

Mom, Dad, how are you up there? You must be surrounded with a lot of happy people up there right? She paused in her mind when she felt tears welling in her eyes. I dreamt of you both last night. I miss you. I miss feeling the love you gave me. I miss witnessing the evident love you both share with each other. Will I ever find someone who love me like you loved each other? Will I ever meet someone who will accept me? A drop of tear rolled down her cheek. She then sent off all the seeds of the dandelion to fly to the sky with one gentle blow.

They say that the number of breaths taken to blow all the seeds of a dandelion is equal to the number of years before true love comes into your life. But Hannah never expected that it would only take a few seconds after she blew the seeds away for her to meet her true love.

She watched the seeds got blown by the wind to every directions and a smile slowly appeared on her face. She didn't know why but seeing the featherlike seeds taken by the wind always ease her mind and heart. It was as if her worries, sadness, and loneliness were also taken away. She sighed and suddenly felt a pat on her shoulder which made her flinch.

She turned her head and found a pair of long legs behind her. She then tilted her head up and met his eyes which were looking down at her. Hannah gasped and wiped away her tear when she saw him. She had never seen him before. No. She had never seen such a handsome young man as him around here.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She watched his mouth spoke as he pointed to the ground beside her. She nodded with a smile and he sat down beside her.

Sehun looked around at the flowers on his side while Hannah silently examined his face. She admired his dark brown hair, his sharp jaw, his eyes that somehow looked cold but very calm at the same time, and just everything about his side profile. She was still staring at him when he turned his head catching her eyes with his.

Usually, he would cockily give a sinister smirk to girls who were caught staring at him as if trying to tell them that he is out of their leagues. But not this time. That sparkling eyes of hers made him smile unconsciously. She blinked a few times before finally looking away when she felt heat rising on her cheeks. Sehun too slowly looked away and at the lake before them. Silence overtook them soon.

It was spring and the weather was pleasant. But what was more pleasant was the silence between them. It was awkward, but it was pleasantly awkward. Strange it was. Yet, Sehun never felt so comfortable with silence as this one. While for Hannah, silence was never a problem for her.

"This is nice...," Sehun broke the silence after a few minutes. "But awkward at the same time." He chuckled and looked at the girl sitting beside him who kept on looking up at the sky. "I'm Sehun by the way," he extended his hand in front of her.

Hannah flinched when she saw his hand. She looked at it and then at him confusedly.

Dang! He must've said something. What did he say? Did he introduce himself?
She wondered.

Sehun raised his eyebrows seeing her confused look. "Sehun," he repeated.

Sehun? Ah! That must be his name!
Hannah shook his hand after taking it into hers. She bobbed her head and smiled to him. This time Sehun furrowed his eyebrows as she only smiled without introducing herself.

"Umm..what's your name?" He asked and she let go of his hand. She slowly pursed her lips wiping away her smile and looked down.

How should I tell him this? He will be shocked and then he will leave just like everyone else. Wait. Why should I worry. He's a stranger anyway.

Hannah slowly lifted her head and met his eyes. He cocked his head to one side waiting for her to answer. She took a deep breath and let it out. She then pointed to herself, made an 'X' sign with her index fingers, and pointed to both of her ears while she spoke in her mind, 'I can't hear. I am deaf.'

Sehun knitted his brows as Hannah repeated her actions. "You...," he slowly said as she pointed to herself again. "Don't... Ears...?" Hannah chuckled silently as she waved her hands telling him it's not that. She then sighed and started writing on the air spelling the words 'I am deaf.'

"I...," Sehun tried to read the letters written on air, "M... D..E..A..F... You are... deaf?" Surprised, he looked at her. She nodded and gave him a small smile before her eyes looked down on the green grass.

Aaand he's now going to look for an excuse to leave- her thought was cut off when she felt his hand patting her shoulder calling her. She looked at him and was surprised to see him smiling.

"But that's not your name right?" She watched his mouth move and she shook her head. "Then what's your name?" His next question made her eyes widened. He still wants to know my name? "Well?" He raised an eyebrow and she started writing on the air again.

"Hannah?" He read the letters. Hannah bobbed her head and smiled. "That's a nice name," he chirped.

That simple statement suddenly made Hannah felt butterflies in her stomach. Never had a boy said that to her. Or even talked to and stayed with her this long. It was no different with Sehun. He too never payed attention and smiled to a girl this much before. But then again, he wouldn't be able to see that stress-relieving smile of hers if he didn't smile to her.

Since that day, everyday Sehun would walk to the meadow and accompanied her. They didn't converse much, but smiles were exchanged. Hannah started bringing a pocket notebook so she could converse with him. They eventually got closer as days passed. He would sometimes accompany her to the market not far and helped her cook meals at her house. Some other times they would just take a walk along the lake and sat on the dock dipping their feet in the water.

Through their silent conversations, he learned about her parents who died in a car accident and her longing to have friends. She too told him that she always felt invisible and forgettable. People always seemed to forget she existed, even those she called friends. She met a high school friend not long ago, but her friend didn't remember her.

-----
They spent one night laying down on the meadow gazing at the beautiful twinkling stars spread across the dark sky. Hannah pointed at two stars hanging close to each other and told Sehun that they are her parents. Sehun had to admit that the stars hovering over them were indeed beautiful. Yet, he kept on feeling the urge to stare only at the girl lying beside him. It was when he stared at her peaceful face while she looked up the sky that he realized a fact he himself couldn't believe. Oh Sehun was falling in love. He was falling in love with Hannah, a deaf girl. How could that even happen? He wondered.

Hannah then averted her gaze to the guy lying beside her and caught him staring at her. She raised her eyebrows as if asking him if anything was wrong.

"I'll miss you." He said. Though he didn't want to, tomorrow he had to go back to Korea.

Hannah scoffed a bit and took out her notebook writing something. 'I'm pretty sure you'll forget about me in a few months.'

"No. I won't." He replied firmly making her blink a few times in surprise.

"Do you know why?" She shook her head. Sehun got up a bit and his head hovered over hers. One of his hands moved to caress her cheek. "Because I love you." Hannah's eyes widened so much at the statement they seemed like they were going to pop out. Sehun slowly inched closer closing the distance between their faces. Before Hannah could even register in her mind what was happening, his lips were pressed against hers sending tingling feeling all over her body.

-----
He did go back to Korea the next day. But he didn't leave her without making a promise to comeback. He promised he would comeback the beginning of next year.

Hannah didn't want to feel empty when he left, but she couldn't help it. How did a stranger became the most important person in her life? She always wondered as she waited for him. Why did she let him barge into her life? She shouldn't. That would be easier for her to not long for him. But she already did let him to come into her life.

Months passed and the year change into a new one. Sehun came back to her one winter day as promised. It felt amazing for Hannah how Sehun still remembered her, how his feeling for her didn't change, and how they could just click after all those months. But what amazed her more was the fact that Sehun could now do some sign language. He was showing her that he truly loved her.

This time he brought her to the city of Edinburgh where he rented a small unit with one bedroom in an old apartment for them. Hannah wowed at the buildings and multitude of people in the city. It had been long since she came to the city.

For two weeks, they spent the days going to interesting places in the city, sightseeing, hopping from one café to another; and the nights cuddling with each other as they fell asleep in the warmth of each other's embrace.

After spending the weeks together, Sehun finally revealed to her that the real reason for him bringing her to the city was to introduce her to his parents who was coming in a few days. Yes. Sehun managed to persuade his parents to at least meet the girl he was so in love with. The one he said to be very sweet and gentle. Hannah, of course, was very nervous upon hearing the news. She worried that they wouldn't accept her for her disability.

The day finally came. They both waited for his parents at a restaurant. Hannah couldn't stop herself from feeling nervous. She bit her lower lip and played with her fingers. Sehun noticed it and he put his hand on hers. He took her hand lacing their fingers. Hannah stared at their hands and then she looked at him.

"Don't worry. I'm here." He smiled and she forced a smile too.

The bell on top of the door jingled and they both turned their attention to the door. A lady dressed elegantly and a man wearing an expensive winter coat entered the restaurant. They looked around the room before spotting the couple. They both walked to the table and Sehun stood up. Seeing him stand up, Hannah figured they are his parents and she too followed him standing up.

"Mom, Dad, this is Hannah." Sehun put an arm on her waist bringing her closer. She bobbed her head to greet them with a smile. Surprisingly, his parents both smile back to her.

They all sat down and ordered foods and drinks. After giving back the menu to the waitress, Sehun's mom smiled at Hannah.

"You're prettier than I thought you would be," she complimented her.

'Thank you,' she signed.

Both of his parents were confused at the movement of her hand. Sehun sighed knowing he would see this reaction anytime soon.

"She said 'thank you'," he explained. His parents eyes widened at that. It didn't take long for them to register in their minds that the girl sitting in front of them is probably deaf or mute or even both. "She can read your mouths."

Hannah knew from the way they looked taken aback and how they shifted on their seats that they wouldn't approve her. But she was surprised to see them still smiling at her.

"What about your parents? What do they do?" His dad asked her. Hannah blinked a few times at the question and she slowly looked down. Seeing how his girlfriend flustered, Sehun took her hand and turned to his parents.

"They died in a car accident," Sehun answered.

"Aah~" his parents nodded.

The lunch went on and though awkwardness was evident, his parents surprisingly acted normal as they asked her questions about herself and Sehun explained to them what she signed. They just conversed normally.

"That wasn't so bad. Was it?" Sehun asked her as they walked hand in hand along the street of the city. His parents went to the hotel and Sehun and Hannah decided to take a walk before going to their apartment.

Hannah nodded to his question and smiled cheerfully. It really was not as bad as she thought it would be. His parents seemed to accept her.

The night came and they immediately fell asleep when they lay down on their bed.

Hannah shifted on her bed wanting to hug Sehun, but her hand didn't find the figure beside her. She slowly opened her eyes and didn't see him beside her. She sat up and looked at clock sitting on the bedside table with half-lidded eyes. It's 11 in the middle of the night. Is he in the bathroom?

She got up and walked towards the door yawning. She slowly turned the door knob, but she stopped opening the door wider when she saw someone in the living room. She peeked through the small gap and realized that there were actually three people. They were Sehun and his parents. His mom was sitting on the couch facing the bedroom while massaging her temple. His dad was standing with Sehun in front of him. Sehun's back was facing the bedroom door. At first, the males seemed to just be talking. But when she noticed his dad's angry expression, his hand on his own hip and the index finger of his other hand pointing at Sehun, she could tell that they were arguing.

Before she could read his dad's mouth, his dad stormed out of their apartment. His mom soon stood up from the couch and put her hands on his shoulders. Hannah gasped and covered with her hand when she read his mom's mouth: 'I know she's nice, but she's an orphan and deaf. Honey, you know our class is different with hers. She won't survive in our social circle. You will marry my friend's daughter. And you are coming home. Your dad and I will leave tomorrow morning. I'll give you a day to end it with her. This is the best for her too. Leave her, or we will not regard you as our son anymore.' Tears started gathering in her eyes when she understood what his mother said before she walked out of their apartment. He's supposed to marry someone?

Sehun ruffled his hair and kicked the floor. He then turned around and walked toward their bedroom. Hannah quickly ran to the bed and pretended to sleep. She leaned sideways trying hard to prevent the tears from coming out. The bed sank a bit as Sehun sat on it before laying down beside her. Suddenly she felt his arm s around her waist pulling her closer to him that there was no distance between her back and his body. He rested his chin on top of her head breathing in her scent. She could feel his warm breath on top of her head driving her insane and making it harder for her to keep in the tears.

"Baby~ are you awake?" He knew she couldn't hear him, but Hannah knew he was calling for her as she felt his breath. Hannah turned to face him and hugged his waist while looking into his eyes. Sehun brushed off a few strands of her hair and tucked them behind her ear before his hand slid down to her cheek and his thumb caress it.

'Where were you?' Her hand slid away from his waist and she signed.

"Toilet," he simply answered and she nodded as her hand rounded his waist again. Though surrounded by darkness, they couldn't take their eyes off of each other's.

"Aren't you feeling a little bored in Edinburgh?" He asked and she paused for a while before nodding her head. "Have you been to London? Or any other city?" She shook her head. "Wanna have a trip?" Her eyes widened at his suggestion. Yes. Oh Sehun was planning to run away with the love of his life. "We can book a ticket tomorrow. You choose the destination. How about that?" Hannah only stared at his eyes without answering. She then moved her hand to caress his sharp jaw and his cheek. She looked at him for a moment before her hand slid down back to hugging him. She snuggled closer and slowly nodded to his chest. Sehun smiled at her reply and kissed the top of her head.

-----
The sound of the alarm clock broke the morning silence and Sehun's hand stretched toward the bedside table pressing the button of the alarm clock to turn it off. 8.30. He then turned back to snuggle with Hannah, but then he could feel that she wasn't beside him. He slowly lifted his head from the pillow and reluctantly opened his eyes looking at the empty space beside him through his half lidded eyes. He groaned and rubbed his eyes before finally getting up and walking out of the room towards the bathroom.

"Hannah?" He opened the bathroom door only to find it empty. Is she in the kitchen?

He walked pass the living room towards the kitchen. But she wasn't there either. Suddenly he felt his heart picked its pace because of anxiousness and fear. Fear of not knowing where she is. Fear of loosing her. Where is she?

He then found a piece of paper on the dining table. His heart pounded when his gaze landed on the piece of paper. He nervously opened the folded paper.

"My dearest Sehun... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you.Sehun's eyes widened just by reading the first few sentences and he immediately ran back to their room and found her luggage and her other belongings were nowhere to be found. He suddenly panted for air as he felt his heart and lungs being squeezed making it hard for him to breathe. He limply walked backward with one hand on his forehead till his back touched the wall. He slid down to the ground and continued reading her letter. "By the time you read this, I may not be in Scotland anymore. No. Don't look for me. I know you'll be hurt by this, and I'm really sorry. But I know your parents will never approve of us - of me. And I know you're getting married. Don't rebel against your parents because me. I won't forgive myself if you do so. Go back to them. Be happy and don't worry about me. I'm sure that as years go by you will forget about me as others in my life have always done. If you can't, you still have to. Again, I'm sorry. I truly am. I love you. Good bye, Sehun!"

------
Sehun closed his eyes; his forehead winkled.

Should I now forget you like you wanted me too?

Yes. Yes, I should.

But can I?

No. I can't! Even though I'm getting married in less than a month, I still can't - especially with the fact that I'll be marrying someone I don't love. I can't forget about you, Hannah.

How can I when stars at night remind me of you. When the crescent moon reminds me of your smiling eyes. When the sun reminds me of your warm smile. When just a breeze can remind me of your gentle touch. When merely sleeping makes me long for your embrace.

How can I?
I can't.

He slowly opened his eyes and sighed. Just then, something floated in front of him and the wind blew it around him. It was a seed of a dandelion. It floated near his ear. Sehun might be hallucinating, but he was sure he could hear something before the seed finally fled away higher. It was as if the seed was whispering to him. Softly whispering her voice: I'm sorry. I love you.

No. I don't want to forget you.

[END]

---------------
A/N:
Sorry for another angst hahaha. This one's for an imagine contest.