Beautiful Dancer (Kai)

EXO Oneshots

This one is inspired by IU's Beautiful Dancer.

------------------------------

Kai needs to bear going through these boring classes. He just sits there looking out the window as the sun shines through it kissing his face with warmth. He wonders when will the class ends so that he can practice dancing.

The class finally ends and Kai immediately stands up as he takes his bag. He doesn't have to pack anything since he didn't even take out a notebook.

He excitedly walks to the dance studio in the university. He is about to twist the door knob when he suddenly stops surprised by what he sees through the door's window.

A petite figure is standing there in front of the mirror. A girl is standing there. She wears a long sleeves shirt and a skirt, and her hair is tied in a bun. Kai observes her from outside. She the rail of the barre that separates her and the mirror, and then takes a step back. She stands still looking straight into her reflection in the mirror before she finally takes a deep breath.

She spreads both of her arms gracefully and starts to dance. Her movements, though graceful,are a bit stiff for Kai, but somehow he feels moved by her because she dances passionately. It is as if she is trying to tell something through every movements.

She twirls as she jumps, but then she falls to the ground. Kai bolts inside the room and comes to her side.

"Are you okay?" He asks as he put both of his hand on her shoulders to help her get up.

The girl looks at him with wide eyes surprised by his touch. She doesn't say anything and only nods. Kai helps her to get up. She looks away, bows in thanks without looking at him, and hurriedly takes her bag and leaves.

"W-wait!" Kai tries to stop her but she quickly leaves. He sighs.

The next day, Kai gets more impatient for the class to ends. His mind wonders again.

Who was that girl?
He thought remembering the mysterious shy petite girl.

Since yesterday, she is the only one occupying his mind. Her graceful hand, her big round eyes, her somewhat stiff but passionate movements - Kai just can't get them out of his mind. He smiles to himself remembering her surprised face when he tried to help her get up.

Once the class is over, he goes right away to the dance studio hoping to see the girl. But she's not there this time. Kai sighs in disappointment. He puts down his bag and starts to stretch.

After stretching, he takes out his phone and turns on a music. He stands beside the barre as he holds it and lifts one of his legs. He starts dancing to the beat of the song.

He dances passionately as if nothing else matters. However, his mind keeps on thinking about that girl. He doesn't know why, but her moves affected him greatly.

Just when he thinks about her, the door creaks and a girl enters while looking down at her phone. Kai stops dancing and his eyes widen.

It's that girl!

The girl lifts her head and her eyes widen too. She then bows in apology and turns around to get out of the room. But before she can get out,

"Wait!" Kai runs to the door and grabs her wrist stopping her from going out.

"Don't you want to dance here?" He asks with a smile.

The girl blinks and stares at him with a puzzled look. She looks down at her wrist held by the handsome bronze skin guy. Kai releases his grip.

"You can dance if you want to." He says rubbing the back of his neck. The girl shakes her head and turns back to walk out of the room again.

Kai stops her again and says, "No no no. It's okay if you want to dance. I'm...I was going out anyway. I'm done practicing." He then walks to his bag.

The girl slowly enters the room and puts down her bag. She smiles and bows to him before she finally stretches. Kai slowly packs his things glancing at the girl once in a while. He then stands up with his bag.

"I'm going!" He bows and smiles. She nods and smiles too.

She stands in front of the mirror and tries to do a plié. But her posture is somehow awkward.

"Uhm..that's not how you should do it." Kai notes as he puts down his bag again. And the girl turns to him in surprise.

"Uhm..do you mind?" He asks and the girl shakes her head giving him permission to touch her shoulders and then her waist. He corrects and adjusts her posture. The girl only look straight in front staring at their reflection in the mirror as she blushes by his touch. He then stands beside her showing her the correct posture.

He ends up showing and teaching her all kinds of move. After almost two hours, they sit down on the floor sweating. They smile at each other as they drink.

"You're a pretty good dancer!" He says as he nudges her. She only smiles and shakes her head in reply.

She must be a very shy person.
He thinks.

"I'm Kai!" He introduces as they shake hand.

"What's your name?"

The girl pauses a bit before she reaches for a piece of paper and a pen. She then writes something on it.

I'm Hanna.
She writes.

Kai reads the paper and looks at her puzzled while she smiles. She takes the paper again and writes.

I'm mute. Surprised?

She hands the paper back to Kai. His eyes widen when he reads it. He looks at her and she forces a smile and looks down as if she's afraid Kai will leave her just like many other people did. Kai looks back at the paper and smiles.

"Wanna dance to a music with me?" Hanna lifts her head in surprise and shakes her head in disagreement.

Not heeding to her reply anyway, Kai then stands up and takes out his phone to turn on a music. He starts dancing by himself.

Awed by Kai's dancing skill, Hanna smiles widely.

"Come on!" He says as he reaches out his hand. Hanna refuses to take his hand and shakes her head.

Kai then grabs both of her hands forcing her to stand up. She stands there as Kai dances around her. He holds her hand by her fingers while motioning her to dance along. She starts to dance herself. They both dance to the music.

As she spreads both arms gracefully, he traces her arm with his hand looking straight into her eyes while doing so. They continue to dance as time feels like it is slowing down for them. In this vey moment, the world is theirs. She is his world as he is hers.

Kai lifts her up from behind her as they turn. The music ends with Hanna putting her arms around Kai's neck and Kai's hands on her waist. Their eyes locked as both smiles widely and Kai laughs a bit. Hanna never felt this happy before. This feeling of trusting someone. This feeling like she is speaking out loud when she isn't.

Kai brushes a few strands of her hair and tug them behind her ears. He too never felt this.

How does a simple girl like her affects him so much?
How did her awkward movements then make him thought about her a lot?
She can't talk...no. She doesn't have to talk (even if she can). Her dance alone speaks so loud for Kai. Her dance speaks louder than anyone who can talk has ever did to him.

Is this love?