THE VALENTINE'S DAY

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still wearing pajamas and socks, Taeyeon put her feet on the table while chewing the apple. Her eyes were focus on the TV. She missed this. She missed to have absolutely nothing to do but laze around. 

“Taeyeon-ah!”

The surgeon rolled her eyes at the shout of her name but didn’t budge an inch. It was her Sunday. No one can disturb her. Not even the loud woman. She ignored Tiffany and kept watching the TV.

“Didn’t you hear me?” Tiffany stood in front of the TV, effectively blocking it. She crossed her arms on her chest.

“Didn’t you see I watch it?” Taeyeon pointed the flat screen. “Move!” She shooed the latter.

“Nope, no more TV for you.” Tiffany turned it off earning a disapproving look by Taeyeon. “You have to get ready. We’re going to your parents’ house for dinner.” The lawyer took away the remote from Taeyeon and put it neatly on the table. “And we have to buy wine for the gift.”

“Do we have to?” She groaned. “Why can’t we just order pizza or something?”

The thought of her parents and Tiffany sitting in the same room somehow made her uneasy. She would be in a big trouble should Tiffany tell them about her flings and she couldn’t stand to hear her parents blabbering her childhood and teen phase to Tiffany which apparently a compulsory task for every parents to their soon to be daughter in law.

“Tomorrow is Valentine’s day. Your mother asked us to get dinner with them and she told me literally to drag you out of the house if I have to.”

“Hold on a second, she asked you? Did she call you?”

“No, she came to my office yesterday. Now come on!” Tiffany pulled Taeyeon’s hand forcefully. “Don’t be such a baby, Taeyeon-ah!”

“Wait, why didn’t she call me? Her own daughter?”

“You’ll turn her down and she doesn’t want to nag because it won’t work on you anymore. We got two hours. Make it quick, Taeyeon.”

The shorty sulked all the way to her room. She took the longest bath in her life. Tiffany knocked on the door countless time. She prolonged the process even longer. When she got out of the bathroom, Tiffany was sitting on her bed with a furious look.

“You should know by now that I’m not afraid of you. Now would you excuse me? I want to get dress or well… I don’t mind if you want to stay and watch.” She smirked.

Tiffany’s eyes widened at the statement as she quickly ran out of the room with red cheeks. She’d wrath at Taeyeon later.

 

-----

 

“This wine is really good. Thank you, my dear.” Taeyeon’s mom reached out to hold Tiffany’s hand and squeezed it softly.

“You’re very welcome, Mrs. Kim.” She smiled brightly.

“Now…now, will you stop calling us Mr. and Mrs. Kim? That sounds so distant.” The old guy chimed in.

“That’s right, Tiffany honey. You should call us mom and dad. You’re also our daughter after all.”

“O-kay, mom.” Tiffany said awkwardly.

“And dad too,” Mr. Kim playfully glared at her.

“And dad, too.”

Taeyeon ate in full silence as she observed the interaction around her. Her mom and dad obviously liked Tiffany. She couldn’t really blame them. Tiffany was pretty, kind, friendly and smart. She practically stole everybody’s heart effortlessly. Meanwhile Taeyeon was the awkward, reserved, moody person. She would not start a conversation if the others didn’t make the first move. People would easily judge her as an antisocial kind of person.

Yes, she went to parties her friends hosted. And of course she had her time at the finest clubs that full of people she didn’t even know existed. However, she was mostly drunk when she went clubbing. She just wanted to drown her sorrow and let loose. She didn’t need to introduce herself or talk about her private live. She checked in then checked out the first thing in the morning after. The way her parents treated Tiffany was nothing to compare to her ex.

Anyway.

Taeyeon’s parents were not really fond of her ex. Even her father was having a hard time to accept that she was in love with this girl but at least he was civil. Don’t bother to speak about her mom, she was frankly unable to hide her objection towards her.

Taeyeon knew from the look on her parents’ eyes, from the way they praised Tiffany, and how comfortable they were with her; this was the real deal. There was no way to get out of this mess without disappointing her parents.

“Hey, you’re awfully quiet. Is everything okay?”

Tiffany’s voice snapped her out from the daydreaming. “Huh? Yeah, I’m fine. Was just thinking.” She said lowly. Her parents were busy with some kind of old jokes that didn’t even funny at all.

“So, Taeyeon, honey. How was work?” Her dad asked.

“Um, good.” She replied shortly. She shoved another piece of meat into .

“Just… good?”

“Yeah, everything is good.”

“We’re expecting some details, actually.” The oldest woman said sarcastically.

“I’m making a proposal for a research on growing a heart.” She answered nonchalantly.

“Really?” Tiffany tilted her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter