THE PROPOSAL

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why you though?” Tiffany shoved a full spoon of corn soup into . They decided to have a light dinner since both of them were still full.  

“What do you mean why me? Are you doubting my capability to steal people’s heart?” Taeyeon increased her brow.

“Well, duh?” The lawyer laughed.

“Yah!”

“I know you well enough, Kim Taeyeon,” she pointed the fork towards the shorty with a smug smirk. “You’re so awkward with new people, even your smile looks so forced.” Tiffany said as a matter of fact.

“I’m stealing your heart alright. Besides, you can’t deny that I’m young, I’m brilliant and I’m good looking. Of course the boards choose me to represent our division to those donor funds.” Taeyeon spoke arrogantly.

“You know… I sometimes ask myself why am I putting up with someone who is as snobby as you.” The smile of adoration on her face pretty much contradicted her words. 

“Someone told me that she loves me very much.” Taeyeon leaned forward across the table. “Maybe that’s the reason.” She placed a soft kiss on Tiffany’s lips making the latter’s cheeks glow red. “Why are you so cute?” Taeyeon laughed as she sat down again.

“Why are you so cheesy?” Tiffany wiped the corner of her lips with a napkin.

“Oh come on! I sweep you off of your feet, don’t I?”

“See? Snobby,” Tiffany snorted.

“Whatever, you love me anyway.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Tiffany rolled her eyes. “By the way, Hyoyeon’s wedding is next month, we have to start hunting dress.”

“You go hunt, I’ll go with whatever you decide.”

“Really?”

Taeyeon nodded then went back to her chicken.

 

-----

 

Taeyeon had been fidgeting with her top endlessly since she wore it.

“Babe, don’t do that. Stop it,” Tiffany took Taeyeon’s hands in her then glared at the shorty. “You’re tearing it apart.”

“I don’t like tie! You know I don’t like tie!” She sulked. It wasn’t even a tie to begin with. It was a pretty lace that paired with the dress.

“How many times do I have to tell you–”

“It’s still a tie!” She folded her arms. “And this dress is too much. I can’t walk it’s too tight. And I can’t wear this towering heels, I’ll end up kissing the floor instead of you.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “It’s your best friend’s wedding, aren’t you going to put more effort for this?”

“We bought her a super sophisticated expensive vacuum cleaner and barbeque grill, her request I might add so you can’t say I don’t put an effort.” Taeyeon huffed.

Her lover’s sighed in defeat. “Fine. Do you want to find another outfit then?”

“Honestly? No. I can’t even feel my legs anymore.” Taeyeon kicked the black high heels off of her feet. “This is torture! Can we just go to the wedding ceremony wearing comfy clothes?”

“Don’t be ridiculous and stop being a cry baby. Hyoyeon’s wedding is a week away. You said you will agree with whatever dress I pick for you and yet,” she exhaled a frustrated breath. “It’s been weeks and you haven’t selected anything. We need to settle this fast, Taeyeon-ah.”

“Well you kill every dress you try on. While me, I look like an idiot. How am I suppose to stand straight if I’m too busy maintaining my balance?”

“We’re going to sit most of the time. You won’t face so much hassle,” Tiffany said. “You look good in this dress, trust me.”

“I want to dance with you. I can’t do that in this overly tight and unnecessarily short bright dress,” Taeyeon pouted and looked away. She didn’t aware of the smile on Tiffany’s face.  

“Alright, alright. Let’s get lunch. I’ll look for comfortable outfit for you. Come on.” Tiffany offered her hand. Taeyeon hesitantly took it. “Go change. I’ll be here waiting.”

She kissed Taeyeon’s fluffy cheek before the woman vanished from her sight into the dressing room.

 

 

-----

 

 

One of many things that made Taeyeon was so in love with Tiffany was her efficiency and consideration. Her case was not over yet and even though she was pretty much occupied with it, she somehow still had the time to find the right outfit for Taeyeon.

Taeyeon consented without arguing. She even more agreed since they were going to wear similar color; light brown. 

Even on her very own best friend’s wedding, Taeyeon was late. The reason was classic; emergency surgery. Tiffany had to go to the hospital to pick her up. Taeyeon changed her clothes inside the car while listening to Tiffany’s endless nagging.

Thankfully the ceremony had not started yet. Yuri signaled them to sit beside her at the front row. She had saved the space for her friends. Taeyeon’s parents were there too since Hyoyeon was really close to them.

“If Hyoyeon knows you come this late, she’ll kill you,” Yuri whispered.

“If she knows then I know who to kill,” Taeyeon straighten her suit. “Where’s Sunny and YoonA?”

“Helping her out. You’re lucky she puts you on guest handling.”

“Yeah, I have a lot of subordinate. I don’t even need to move my pinky,” Taeyeon laughed earning a sharp elbow on her ribs and a death glare from Tiffany.

“Serves you right.” Yuri commented.

“Hey! I’m so sorry I’m late. The traffic was really bad.”

“Jess?” Tiffany was surprised to see her friend.

“Hello to you, too,” she hugged Tiffany tightly after she shared an awkward hug with Yuri.

“So you do hit it off with her, huh?” Taeyeon spoke lowly as she increased her brow towards Yuri.

“Too soon to tell but she shows up so it goes pretty good, I guess?”

“Well,” Taeyeon patted Yuri’s back. “I hope for the best for you, my friend. Don’t mess up.”

“I’m not you so don’t worry,” Yuri laughed.

“Yah!”

“Seriously though, I thought you’re going to give me some advice or something since you’re doing pretty good to maintain your lovely relationship with Tiffany,” she smirked.

“Nah, you don’t need it.”

“Or you just don’t have it with you.” Yuri laughed harder.

When the music started, the atmosphere turned solemn. The groom was already at the altar waiting for his bride. Not long after, Hyoyeon walked descended the stairs in a long white wedding dress. She looked so stunning.

It was a beautiful ceremony. When they finally kissed, everyone in the room cheered loudly. Taeyeon averted her eyes from her best friend to Tiffany. They smiled to each other bashfully. Tiffany their joined hand. Taeyeon leaned in and captured Tiffany’s lips softly. It wasn’t even her wedding but she was so nervous. It was the first wedding ceremony she attended with Tiffany. All the love in her heart burst out of her chest. She wanted it too. She wanted that forever. She wanted that commitment. She wanted to have it with this gorgeous woman.

“I love you.” Tiffany said as she rested her head on Taeyeon’s. “I love you so, so much.”

“Not as much as I love you.”

“You don’t want to argue about it, babe.”

They chuckled.

They were happy for their best friend, but more importantly, they finally could be happy for themselves.

“I’d like to propose a toast,” Taeyeon lifted her glass. “Well, I honestly don’t have much to say aside from that I’m happy for you, Hyoyeon-ah,” she grinned at the newlywed. “You are my oldest friend, I know you long before I meet the twiddle dumb, twiddle D and her twin. You’re a really good friend of mine and today you start a new day, a new chapter in your life with your husband and I expect lots of the mini you in the future.” She laughed. “So good luck my friend. I love you. Cheers!” She drank the champagne as the others did the same.

“Thank you, Taeyeon.” Hyoyeon chuckled after she finished her drink. “Now I got one more thing to ask you,” she laughed when she saw Taeyeon whined. “It won’t cost you a dime, I promise. I’m asking you for the promise you made years ago when we were in kindergarten.”

Taeyeon increased her brow trying to remember what promise Hyoyeon was talking about.

“You said you’d sing on my wedding day.  So please, I’m asking you to sing for me, for all of us.”

Taeyeon had a great voice. Too bad she was too shy to sing in front of people. Tiffany nudged Taeyeon’s side. She knew Taeyeon was embarrassed. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany asking for help but Tiffany only smiled encouragingly. “Break a leg,” she kissed Taeyeon’s cheek.

Taeyeon sighed but stood up anyway. Her face was bright red. Her heart was thumping inside her chest uncontrollably. If Hyoyeon’s smile were not so big and full of gratitude, she would throw this blonde woman to the lake or something.

“Here you go, tiger.” Hyoyeon handed the microphone as Taeyeon glared at her. “I love you too, now sing for me,” she hissed.

Taeyeon took the microphone then briefly discussed the song she was going to sing with the band. She faced the audience. They stared at her in anticipation. She inhaled a deep breath. “I’m sorry if my voice cracks in the middle of the song or if I can’t reach the high note. Please don’t laugh at me,” she awkwardly grinned earning giggles from the attendants.

“Well, as promised, Hyoyeon. I will sing an eternal love song for you. A song that the time won’t forget and I’m sure it describes how you and oppa feel at this moment.” She nodded at the band.

Taeyeon closed her eyes to feel the meaning of the lyrics and without command, the picture of Tiffany smiling at her emerged at the back of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter