THE PICTURE

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nice outfits.” Sunny examined Taeyeon from head to toe as the cardio surgeon took a seat beside her. “What happen with your old grey T-shirt?” She asked. “Wait, you put up your pants? You even wear belt! Flat shoes! You wear flat shoes!”

“Fany threw it somewhere.” She replied shortly. The residents were busy preparing the morning report. A second year resident came to her giving her his referat. Taeyeon nodded then opened its content.

“What?!” Sunny asked in surprise.

“She said that grey T-shirt is old and ugly and she doesn’t like seeing me in it, so…” She streaked the writing she didn’t feel right. “Where the heck is this sentences coming from,” she mumbled to herself. 

“So she’d choose what clothes you’ll be wearing?!”

Taeyeon averted her eyes to see Sunny looking at her with an amused expression on her face. Taeyeon knitted her brows. “What if she does?”

“Omo! Omo! Omo!” The plastic surgeon shuddered. “You just! Did you just! Taeyeon!” She muffled a squeal.

“Alright, morning report begin,” The chief of surgery who led the morning report today allowed the residents on-call team to present their report.

Sunny immediately shut up.  “We’re so not over this!” She hissed.

 

 

-----

 

 

“Please welcome our new fashionista!” Sunny opened the longue, bowing deeply, letting Taeyeon entered the room first.

“What?” Yuri stopped pouring the coffee to her cup, turning her head towards her friends. “What the heck?” She laughed. “Taeyeon-ah, are you really wearing that?”

“Yuri-ah!” Hyoyeon barged in. “I told you your colon cancer patient is a no go. Why am I seeing her name on schedule board – Taeyeon, what in the world?”

“Is it really weird?” She inspected her clothes. “Why are you guys laughing at me?”

“Woah!” Hyoyeon blinked rapidly. “You actually look really good.” She patted Taeyeon’s shoulder. “I never know you have fashion bone in your body.”

“Shut up.”

“I told her she looked good. She said I made fun of her!” Sunny laughed her pants off.

“Tiffany did it, didn’t she? There’s no way you do it by yourself.” Yuri snickered.

“Whatever. I’m going to change.” She brushed her friends aside, walking into the changing room and stood in front of full-length body mirror. She scrutinized herself as a satisfied smile painted upon her face.

“I do look good.”

 

 

-----

 

 

Taeyeon stood in front of the TV, watching the breaking news. She let Tiffany folded up her long sleeve.

Suddenly her phone ringed somewhere. Taeyeon moved towards the voice source by reflex, making Tiffany had to get up to follow her. She picked up the phone. It was her resident reporting a new patient from ER.

“Stay still, Taeyeon-ah,” Tiffany said lowly and continued fixed up Taeyeon’s shirt.

“I’ll see her tomorrow morning, thank you.” She locked her phone. “Ready?”

“Yeah, let me take my purse first,” Tiffany ran to her bedroom and stepped out the next minutes with her pink clutch bag. 

Taeyeon was about to start the engine when she spotted a card on the dashboard. She took it and noticed the number. “Fany, when did the last time you change the oil?”

“Uh, I don’t know, long time ago, I guess.” She put on her seatbelt. “Why?”

“You pass 97 miles, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon showed the card to the car owner. “We can’t take your car.”

“I honestly don’t really know when to change it.” She smiled embarrassedly. “The ahjussi at my old place usually remind me and take it to the garage.”

“No wonder,” Taeyeon chuckled. “I’ll take my car key, you wait here.”

Tiffany didn’t understand that changing the car oil based on the manufacturer's recommendation was one most important thing that she had to do to keep the vehicle's engine running in ideal condition. She knew how to use a car but didn’t acknowledge its care.

Taeyeon tapped the car’s window signaling Tiffany to get out. The lawyer then turned off the engine and stepped out, following Taeyeon to her car that was parked beside hers.

“Where to Ms. Tiffany Hwang?”

“I’m thinking about sushi, how’s that sounds?”

“Sushi it is,” Taeyeon backed her car and drove away.

Tiffany was too lazy to cook. Besides, it had been pretty long since they had dinner at a fine restaurant. It was an impromptu plan since the original idea was to order the Chinese take away.

The food was good, the place was cozy even though Tiffany had to bite her tongue every time Taeyeon’s phone ringed. She tried to understand that Taeyeon’s job required readiness in any circumstances but she had never dated a doctor let alone a surgeon before. She was struggling adjusting herself with Taeyeon and Taeyeon’s job. They sometimes had to put a serious talk on hold because that damn device ringed persistently and not to mention countless plan they had arranged only to be cancelled last minutes.

After a while, she was getting used to the lonely night when Taeyeon had to sleep over at the hospital due to her on-call duty. She went to sleep earlier than her routine bedtime just to kill hours till she could meet Taeyeon again tomorrow afternoon. If the hospital weren’t too hectic, she could have more minutes hearing Taeyeon’s voice at the end of the phone before she fell asleep. 

Not much different from tonight, Tiffany had to wait at the hospital parking area while Taeyeon checked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter