THE CONFESSION

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, are you okay?” Tiffany pecked Taeyeon’s lips as soon as her lover reached her arms. A frown drew upon her face at the pale looking Taeyeon.

“Yeah,” she replied weakly. “I’m so sleepy.”

“Let’s go home then. Let me help you with that.” She took some of Taeyeon’s bag as the two of them walked hand in hand towards the parking area. Taeyeon fell asleep as soon as she got her in the car. The eleven hours flight finally beat her.

She woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of Tiffany’s fingers clicking on her laptop’s keyboard. Taeyeon blinked as she adjusted her eyes to the dim light.

Not long after, Taeyeon’s phone vibrated beside Tiffany. She picked up the phone and spoke lowly. “She’s sleeping, Yuri-ah.”

“…”

“Okay, I’ll tell her tomorrow, okay?”

“…”

“Alright, bye.”

Tiffany wore a black tank top with white shorts. Her hair was down to her shoulder. She tucked her bangs and slipped it behind her ear. Serious expression never left her pretty face. Taeyeon couldn’t help but smile. She was too tired to greet Tiffany properly. Taeyeon missed her but the second she closed her eyes, she fell back into the slumber state.

The moment she woke up for real the next morning, she didn’t find Tiffany within her sight. Taeyeon groaned as she moved her limbs off of the bed. She checked the clock on the drawer as it showed 9.38 a.m. She slept for almost twelve hours and she hadn’t digested anything.

She was hungry.

She recalled Tiffany woke her up for dinner or something last night but she was too sleepy to obey. Taeyeon sloppily marched out of the bedroom looking for food. She detached the pink post-it on the fridge and read out loud.

 

I got you omelet, pancake and coffee. I’ll be back before 8. Love you!

P.S: Yuri called last night. Please call her back.

 

She reattached the post-it then reached for her breakfast and began shoving the food inside . She did the dishes then took a shower straight after. She planned to go to the hospital to visit her patients in the afternoon. For now, she’d just laze around the house or play games or something.

She grabbed her phone on the table. There was one message from Tiffany.

[From Fany 10.29 a.m.] Do not eat the ice cream cake in the fridge.

Taeyeon chuckled lightly. She didn’t even remember about her birthday. Taeyeon dialed Tiffany’s number. After a few time of trying and still no luck, she sent Tiffany a voicemail saying she missed her and informed her that she’d go to the hospital later.

Taeyeon removed the curtain then stepped outside to the balcony. She put on her headphones enjoying the music and the wind. Her mind began to wonder around. Her stomach twirled not in good motion.

“Do you think she’s ready, though?”

It was a basic, logical question but caught her off the guard nevertheless. Tiffany might not ready, yet. Taeyeon sighed as she her temple tiredly.

Worse case scenario had got into her and now she wasn’t sure about it anymore. Maybe she should wait. Couple of months or years wouldn’t hurt, right?

 

 

-----

 

 

“Happy birthday!”

“What?” Freshly showered Taeyeon was surprised by the sudden scream.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you…” Tiffany sang as she walked closer with the cake in her hands. “Now blow the candle. Make a wish first.”

Taeyeon closed her eyes and said her one and only wish inwardly. She blew the candles and grinned widely at her lover. “Did you make this?”

“No, I’m sorry. I don’t really have much time but I’ll make you one when all this hassle is gone, okay?”

Taeyeon nodded. “I forgive you because this cake is awesome! So delicious!”

“Don’t eat too much sweet, Tae.” Tiffany wiped the smeared cream on Taeyeon’s mouth.

“Today is my day. I can eat as many cakes as I want.”

“And I thought birthday is about getting older.” Tiffany remarked sarcastically. The lawyer walked to her drawer and picked up a small box wrapped up in fancy dressing. “Your present.”

Taeyeon smiled from ear to ear. “Yes! I love present! What is it?” Tiffany didn’t bother to answer since Taeyeon had ripped up the paper anyway. “You got me a watch?!”

“What do you think?”

Taeyeon put it on.

“Does it look good on me?” Taeyeon scrutinized the gorgeous watch on her wrist.

“Yep.” Tiffany bit her lips, holding back her smile.

“I think so, too,” Taeyeon pulled her lover into a soft and slow kiss. “Thank you.”

“You’re most welcome.”

 

 

-----

 

 

Taeyeon pulled the glass door as she made her way in. She took a cab to Tiffany’s office since Tiffany brought the car today. She stood by the lift waiting for its arrival. She was about to step in when Yuri, Sooyoung and Jessica walked out.

“Hey Taenggo, you’re going up?”

“Yeah, where are you guys going?” She asked.

“Dinner. Japanese restaurant across the street. Want to joint us? Tiffany is still in the meeting. It might take a while. Just text her and meet her there.” Sooyoung suggested.

“Good idea, let’s go then.”

The four ladies ordered their meals. Sooyoung excused herself to the bathroom. Taeyeon checked her phone reading a new text from Tiffany saying that she’d be down in a moment. Yuri took out a yellow brochure from her bag then slid it to the other side of the table.

“What’s this?”

“The International Seoul Sport Cars Festival. It’s in two weeks. The deal they make is going to be awesome!” Yuri said passionately. “Your Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse is coming to town!”

“Really?” She was surprised.

“Do I look like I’m joking?”

Taeyeon sighed.

“What’s with that?” Yuri referred to the long face Taeyeon pulled.

“I don’t think I’m going to change my car.”

“Why not?”

“Well I’d change my car to SUV in the future.” Taeyeon shrugged.

“What?” Yuri bewildered.

“It’s a two seats car. I don’t need it.”

“But it’s Bugatti! You live and breathe Bugatti, Taenggo!”

“Long time ago yes Yul, but not anymore.”

“Why?”

“I’m old now, I don’t need that kind of car. I need a big strong SUV so I feel safe when I drive around with my family.”

Yuri smiled understandingly.

“Your what?”

“You are so dead if you tell Tiffany about this,” she warned Jessica. “I’m planning to propose, soon. I don’t have the exact time but you know… soon.”

“Oh my god! Did you just say wedding?!” Sooyoung suddenly appeared, leaving barely a few inch of distance from Taeyeon’s face.

“She said propose not wedding,” Jessica commented.

“It will wind up to wedding nevertheless.” The tall woman replied.

“Sooyoung, could you…” Taeyeon tried as polite as she could to push Sooyoung’s face that invading her personal space.

“Oh, sorry. So tell me more about this wedding.” She sat on her seat.

“Proposal.” Jessica repeated.

“Taeyeon, that’s a no joke commitment. Are you sure you’re ready for this?”

“If ready that you mean that I will never neglect her and will love her for the rest of my life, I sure can. But I know life is not that simple. I’m an annoying person with annoying job and I usually screw things up. I’m not a romantic. I don’t know, Sooyoung-ah… I hope she will put up with me till the end but I don’t know.” Taeyeon deflated, sinking in her seat.

Jessica folded her arms, increasing her brow, silently told Taeyeon that she was an idiot. “You and Tiffany are not like normal couple who actually start a relationship by you know, shy awkward date. Then get to know each other at least years before moving in together? You and her used to yell and argue all the time. Well yeah, I blamed your parents for forcing you into this but half of it was still your fault. And I thought, how could Tiffany’s parents even consider you as their daughter’s partner for life? I mean you’re rude, insensitive, and all you care is about you. Wait I forget to mention that you’re a jerk too.” Taeyeon inhaled deeply to calm herself down. “You’re not an ideal person for her… at first,” she quickly added. “But I couldn’t deny that now you’ve changed my mind. I’ve seen enough and as much as I don’t even believe myself for saying this but I trust you, Kim Taeyeon. I believe you’ll take care of her, protect her and treat her well. She’s been putting up with you since the very beginning. I don’t think she’d stop doing that now since you’re progressing nicely. So, propose away.”

Sooyoung nodded as she ate her food.

“And she’s coming,” Yuri alerted them to stop talking about it.

“Hey,” Tiffany put her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder then bent down to kiss her lips. “Have you ordered?”

“Yeah, beef bento for you. Is that okay?”

“It’s perfect. Thank you,” Tiffany sat. She brought her purse to her lap searching something in it.

Taeyeon quickly mouthed a thank you sincerely to Jessica.

 

 

-----

 

 

“I want to take her to meet you but...” Taeyeon sighed as she put a white rose on his grave. “I’m afraid you’d scold me for being a coward.” She brushed the dirt and leaned by the headstone. “How are you, Oppa? Are you happy? I am happy, Oppa. I can’t remember the last time I am this happy. She makes me whole, you know? I mean, after all these time I thought I’d never be happy again but she proves me wrong.”

“Also, I have a ring. It’s in my pocket. It burns my thigh,” she paused. “I talk to her parents few months ago. I’ve never been so terrified in all my life.” Taeyeon chuckled lightly. “It beat the fear when we were captured by those Satan.”

The wind blew softly.

“I don’t know, Oppa.” She replied the wind. “I sleep and wake up by her side every single day and I still miss her. I miss her even when she’s with me. She’s intoxicating, she blows my mind and it’s like my brain is full of her. It’s unhealthy, I think? But I’m happy, Oppa. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter