THE MATRIMONY

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’s going to kill me!”

“No, she won’t. Relax, Taeyeon.” Yuri started the car, waiting for everybody to fit in.

“Are you crazy?! I’m going to be late on my own wedding!”

YoonA shoved the older woman inside the vehicle without any guilt. Taeyeon was talking too much and she wasted time while she at it.

“Taeyeon, I need you to sit still. I’ll do the make up but you need to shut up.” Sooyoung stated firmly. She grabbed Taeyeon’s face and began to do the foundation.

“I’m going to kill you all if she leaves me at the altar!” She yelled. “I told you I don’t want bachelor part – umph!”

“Shut up.” Sooyoung said. “Yul, drive as fast as you can.” She ordered.

“What is your name, again?” Sunny turned her head at the second row.

“Sooyoung,” YoonA ansewered.

“I don’t ask you.” Sunny glared at her.

“Soonkyu, this is totally not the right time to flirt.” Taeyeon murmured through her teeth.

Sunny rolled her eyes. She wasn’t even flirting with anyone. She was just simply being friendly to the new comer. It was nice of her to wake them up. If it wasn’t for her, they’d still be sleeping from playing too much last night and Tiffany would definitely leave Taeyeon at the altar.

 

 

-----

 

 

Tiffany had been checking her phone countless time. The ceremony would be starting within minutes and yet she still hadn’t got any news about Taeyeon’s being.

The door opened and Jessica walked in.

“Any words from Sooyoung?”

“They’re on their way. Taeyeon’s phone is off. She can’t contact you.”

“She can use other’s phone!” Tiffany shouted desperately.

“You’re forbidden to call her, remember?” Jessica sat beside the bride. “Calm down, Tiff. She’ll be here on time.”

“I can’t believe she’s going to be late at her own wedding!” She groaned. “I should’ve reconsidered her proposal,” she nagged furiously.

“Hey, come on. Don’t say that.” Jessica soothed her best friend. “She’ll be here, okay?”

Tiffany breathed deeply and looked away.

“Tiff, you have to be sure you’re not going to regret this.” Jessica spoke softly. The lack of certainty in Tiffany’s eyes was too plain to see. “It’s once for forever.”

“I love her, Jess. I’m all for forever with her. I’m used to her canceling promises but today is a special day. Why can’t she make an exception?”

“I don’t know what happen, my bet is they drink too much, who knows?”

Tiffany shook her head. “Taeyeon rarely drinks anymore and I don’t think she’s that stupid to let one night of bachelor party destroy her wedding day.”

Beep. Jessica unlocked her phone as she read the text from Sooyoung. She smiled a bit then stood up. “It’s time, Tiff. Taeyeon is here. Remove that frown from your pretty face.” She held out her arm and waited for Tiffany to take it.

When they held hands, Jessica squeezed it a bit. She grinned widely and pulled Tiffany into a tight hug. “I wish you nothing but happiness in this world, Tiff. You guys deserve each other. I’m so happy for you.” She tried hard not to cry and ruined her mascara.

“Aw, don’t cry, Jess. You’re going to make me cry too.” She pouted.

“You are not allowed to let that tears run down to your cheeks, Miss Tiffany soon to be Mrs. Tiffany,” the longhaired woman teased.

A knock at the door made unbearable nervousness washed over Tiffany’s body. Her mother’s head popped in as she smiled broadly.

“Are you ready, honey?”

 

 

-----

 

 

Taeyeon stood in front of at least a hundred people. She numerously heaved a heavy breath to reduce the tension. Her heart was restless and she was nervous to death. She felt weak on her knee like she was going to faint anytime soon. The sweats creped down her neck. She was itching to wipe it off.   

Seconds passed like days. The one she had been waiting for hadn’t showed up. She kept on glancing at the almost bald priest in front of her and the big clock above him. She turned her head towards her father’s as he smiled encouragingly at her.

The concept was supposed to be both of them walked down the aisle at the same time. However, Tiffany wanted a classic wedding, she as the princess. Taeyeon understood even without Tiffany saying it out loud. That was why she took the place as the one who waited the princess at the altar.  

The sound of the bell echoed through out the chapel, making Taeyeon’s heart racing. She couldn’t help but turn at her back, facing the large luxury door as it proceeded to open. That was when she saw herself and Tiffany, inside this magnificent building, alone. She exhaled a relieved breath.

Tiffany didn’t bail on her. She was here, and that was all what matter.

Tiffany was beyond beautiful. Taeyeon lost words to describe how perfect Tiffany was. Her chest tightened by joy and happiness. She tried hard to push down the urge to cry. Taeyeon locked her eyes with Tiffany as both of them exchanged a very bashful smile.

“Don’t run, honey.” Her father whispered as if he knew what she desperately wanted to do. “Wait here, she’ll be here in no time.”

When she was just within her reach, Taeyeon couldn’t bear it any longer. She extended her arm and stayed in that position till Tiffany’s father present her with his daughter’s hand. She kissed the back of Tiffany’s hand gently and smiled. Tiffany clutched Taeyeon’s hand back. She couldn’t be more grateful for Taeyeon.

The ceremony was solemn even though Taeyeon didn’t hear the most of what the pastor said. She couldn’t concentrate, her brain was buzzing with euphoria. Came the time for them to exchange vow. They stood face to face and blushed yet again.

Tiffany said her vow first.

“Do you know you’re the most annoying person I’ve ever met?” That made the guests laughed. “The first time I saw you that night, two years ago, I thought, no, I can’t stand you. We won’t work it out but for the sake of – I don’t know–” she paused to catch her breath. “I agreed to live with you, to waste my time with you, and see where it goes. It turns out that being with you is the best decision I’ve ever made. You teach me how to believe in love again. You guide me to endless surprises and happiness. I’m beamed with joy every single day. We have our share of fight and bad day but you show me how not to give up.”

Tiffany wiped the threatened tears at the corner of her eyes.

“So today,” she gulped. “I make my vow to love you, to cherish you, to never leave your side in any circumstances.”

It was Taeyeon’s turn to speak her vow. She had written it days before.  She even had practiced it this morning but her brain was left with nothing. Tiffany’s great beauty mesmerized her to no end. She was speechless the moment she saw Tiffany walked in.

“You look so beautiful in white.” She said barely whisper. “I – I don’t know what to say. I mean look at you,” she chuckled nervously and cleared . “All I want to say is thank you for choosing me. I love you and I can’t wait to start forever with you.”

Taeyeon was never good with words. She let her act spoke louder and it didn’t matter at the moment. What matter was that Tiffany understood, and she understood Taeyeon’s wordlessness very well.

“Can I kiss her now?” Tiffany asked the man. He suppressed a laugh at the eagerness and gave his permission after blessing the couple.

Tiffany pulled Taeyeon by the head and kissed her hungrily. She didn’t care about all the guests. She finally got her childhood dream to be married with someone she loved and her holy matrimony couldn’t be anymore perfect.   

“It’s finally me you and I, my love.”

 

 

-----

 

 

The reception was warm. Both brides danced with each other’s parents. They contributed to sing two songs and it was really fun. When the night came, they wore more comfortable outfits since the party was closed for close family and friends.

Taeyeon was exhausted but Tiffany was still cheerful as this morning. The doctor’s eyes were red already but she had to be awake for at least one more hour.

“We got you guys a present.” Sunny, the MC, suddenly spoke through the microphone. “Enjoy.”

The light was out without warning as the large screen showed them a vague video.

 

 

-----

 

 

The CCTV camera showed a jumpy short person at the doorstep. She kept on walking back and forth while seemingly biting her finger. She squatted down and stood up uneasily. She lifted her fist but the knock never done.

Taeyeon gulped down her saliva as she stared nervously at the wooden door. She was contemplating whether she should knock or not. She was this close but she was scared. She was nauseating and ready to vomit any time soon.

Well, that was just funny. She shouldn’t be anxious. But she was anyway.

It was her last day in San Francisco and her flight schedule was tomorrow afternoon so she had to do it now.

It’s now or never.

“Taeyeon-ah!” The door abruptly opened, successfully startling her. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to surprise you! How long you’ve been standing here? You can just knock!” The eye-smiled woman hugged her tightly. “Come on in, come on in,” she led Taeyeon in. She saw the suspicious short person at the door from the CCTV and brought a baseball bat just in case. But to her surprise, the girl who stood across the thick door was Taeyeon.

“Honey, why are you shout – Taeyeon-ah?! Hey!” He pulled her in his arms. “Tiffany told us that you’ll be in town for a week, why didn’t you call?”

“I’m sorry, daddy. It’s just work got too hectic, I’m sorry,” Taeyeon grinned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter