THE PREPARATION

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How’s the surgery going?” Tiffany removed her earrings then put it securely in its place.

“Good. His heart is good enough to do the repair. He’s still in ICU, but if everything is well then he can move to his room tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?” She was surprised. “Isn’t that too fast?”

“I said if everything is okay, didn’t I? My resident just called me. He’s awake now, on support system but he’s alright. You can see him tomorrow.”

“If I have time then maybe I’ll stop by.”

Taeyeon didn’t reply. She sighed and dropped her tired body on the matrass instead. Her legs were hanging at the edge of the bed.

Tiffany, who was still in her dress, sympathetically watched her fiancée her stiff forehead. She took a seat beside the shorter woman then laid her trunk facing Taeyeon. “Tired?”

“Very.” She replied shortly.

“Come here.” Tiffany slipped her left arm under Taeyeon’s neck as her other arm pulled Taeyeon by the waist to shorten their distance. Tiffany massaged Taeyeon’s head gently. Taeyeon closed her eyes, enjoying the pleasant treatment.

Today, Taeyeon had two surgeries, a join case with pediatric department, meeting with the hospital board, quick dinner with her parents and parents in law and last she had to drive them to the airport. Tiffany offered to do the driving but she refused.

She could feel her feet were burning. Her mood was bad due to the weariness but yet she couldn’t stop the smile that crept on her lips by the memory of the conversation at dinner tonight.

“Babe?”

“Yes?”

“15th November, huh?”

 

-----

 

“So, have you guys settled on a specific date?” Tiffany’s father asked at the family dinner.

Taeyeon and Tiffany exchanged a glance. They hadn’t had the chance to discuss it. Blame the awesome physical activity that left them unconscious for hours. Since making love was a new experience to Tiffany and Taeyeon, both just seemed couldn’t stop doing it in every opportunity they got. 

“Well?” The elders all demanded.

“November 15th.” They replied simultaneously.

“Did you just–”

“How is that even–”

Taeyeon and Tiffany burst out laughing. Taeyeon raised her hand asking for a high five which Tiffany gladly clapped it.

“Great minds think alike.” They grinned.

“What do you mean?” Mrs. Kim questioned.

“We just decide the date now, mom.” Tiffany smiled sweetly.

“Excuse me?”

“We decide it without discussing it first and I think it’s settled, right babe?” Taeyeon chuckled.

“I would love to make my vow to you on that day.”

November 15th was the first time they laid their eyes on each other.

 

-----

 

“November 15th.” She grinned widely. “Five months to go, Taeyeon-ah.”

“Should I change your name in my phone to… let’s see… hot mama?” She let a laugh rolled out.

“Yah!” Tiffany pouted, objecting the idea.

“No? Well… what then?”

“I don’t know, you tell me.” She acted sassily but the soft pink that radiated from her cheeks said otherwise.

“Wifey?” Tiffany shook her head.

“Mamacita?” The lawyer gave her a flat stare.

Taeyeon flicked her fingers. She got up a bit then grabbed her phone on the nightstand. She went to the contact menu and searched for Tiffany’s name then edited her name. She then showed it to the latter.

Tiffany smiled, her heart melted by the words Taeyeon put.

“Isn’t it perfect?” She asked.

“Thank you.” Tiffany kissed Taeyeon with all she had. She had never felt this happy before she met Taeyeon. Everything was perfect. She was more than ready to start a new journey with her. Tiffany pecked the tip of Taeyeon’s nose when she broke the kiss. “Let’s get change then go to sleep, Taeyeon-ah.”

Taeyeon groaned. “I’m so tired. Can I just sleep like this?”

“Nope. Go change to your pajamas.” No matter how whinny Taeyeon was, Tiffany wouldn’t give in and let her sleep in jeans and shirt. Taeyeon needed comfy clothes to sleep soundly. Otherwise, she’d turn around restlessly because of uncomfortable wearing.

The older pouted.

“Your eyes are getting red. Go change.” Taeyeon didn’t budged. “I’ll rub your back till you snore.”

Taeyeon immediately jumped off the bed, grabbed her Snoopy pajamas and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Tiffany shook her head and chuckled at the childish antics.

When the bathroom door closed, she unlocked Taeyeon’s phone and opened the contact application staring at the screen with warmth engulfed her entire body.

“My Lady.” She whispered the written.

 

 

-----

 

 

It was just another long tiring weekday with surgeries, case report, visiting patients – some old routine. She wouldn’t complain though, she loved her job. At some point in her life, her job was all she had. However now, she had something – someone that was more important and obviously much more enchanting than anything in this world.

She had two partners now. Both of them weren’t married or engaged. In fact, one of them was still single although he was totally hot. They helped her out so she could reduce her work time. She couldn’t be more thankful for that.  

Recently, she brought her car to the hospital just in case Sooyoung wanted emergency meeting that cannot be postponed. Before people judged her for being insensitive, Taeyeon had a few excuses. One, she had no idea about fashion or the hottest wedding style of the year. Two, the hospital had to pass another accreditation this month so she had a lot of paper work waiting for her. Three, the talks about maroon, plum, eggplant, grape, orchid, lavender, made her head throbbed in pain. It was basically the same color, purple. Four, maybe, just maybe, her brain was out of its capacity since she couldn’t remember which one was Gardenia, Gerbera Daisy, Casablanca Lilies, or whatever. She was also surprised that actually there were many types of rose; Sweetheart Rose, Spray Roses, Garden Roses, Juliet Rose, etc. she only knew red and white roses, which made her felt betrayed. Last but not least, she only cared to walk down the aisle waiting for the girl of her dream took her as her best friend for life and eternity.

The rest was only technical. 

But apparently, it was very essential to Tiffany.

 

 

-----

 

 

“Please stop playing with your phone.” Taeyeon looked up from the device, looking straight to Tiffany’s angry orbs.

“I was just checking my emails.” Taeyeon locked the phone and put it on her pocket.

“You can do that later.” Tiffany said lowly as she flipped the paper, scrutinized every detail of those beautiful sketches. Unquestionably, she was upset. 

Taeyeon offered the poor wedding dress designer a small smile to ease the awkward atmosphere. Sooyoung recommended this boutique for them. She claimed that she knew the designer very well. He was her relatives or something. Usually, Sooyoung would go with them, giving advice and all that but today she couldn’t make it. She had a meeting to handle.

“I have another collection that would perfectly fit the autumn wedding.” The designer cleared his throat fiddly. He swiftly moved to the large display that contained endless album of his design. “It has not finished yet. It’s just my persistent mind won’t stop bothering me till I draw something out of it but I think it will be beautiful. It’ll match both of you.” He winked playfully.

Taeyeon laughed uncomfortably. Tiffany’s coldness was getting unbearable. The other person in the room endeavored his best attempt to melt the ice but no luck.

After another hour of excruciating moment, Tiffany finally closed the album. She crossed her leg elegantly then ran her finger over her long dark brown hair. Taeyeon gulped at the sight by the corner of her eyes.

“Your designs are tremendous, Mr. Choi,” she complimented him whole-heartedly. “It’s honestly very hard to choose.”

“Ah, thank you Ms. Hwang,” He chuckled, happy for the flattering remark.

“If it’s okay with you, I wish to take some of these home so I can discuss it more with Taeyeon.”

“Very understandable,” he grinned from ear to ear. “We all want that one perfect wedding for a lifetime, don’t we?”

The sweat was wetting her palms. Her grip on the steering wheel was slippery. It was burning hot outside the car but freezing cold inside. Tiffany hadn’t said anything to her, not even a word so far. She was looking far out of the window, lost in her thought. 

“Fany-ah?”

Not a muscle moved.

“Hey–”

“Do you even have a slight interest on this wedding? Our wedding?” The latter asked impassively.

That caught Taeyeon off guard. “What are you talking about? Of course I do.”

“Don’t look like it.” She replied coldly.

“Fany, what I really want is marrying you. I couldn’t careless about the rest.”

“Well I care!” She abruptly turned to her back. “I want a beautiful wedding with the person I love. I want that fairytale ceremony. I want flowers, I want those harps and violins and piano and flute and birds chirping and old songs. I want flowers everywhere, I want that dance floor.” A tear was glistening at the corner of her eyes.

Taeyeon was beyond speechless. She truthfully didn’t expect this.   The light green in front of them didn’t give Taeyeon time to respond.

And thus, their endless argument began.

Started with Tiffany reducing her meal, reasoned that she had gain weight…..

“I don’t taste anything wrong with it.” Taeyeon looked at the huge amount of untouched Kimchi fried rice and the spoon that had set neatly beside the bowl across her disapprovingly. “It’s delicious.”

“I’ve gained weight. I’m full anyway.” Tiffany drained the mineral water in her glass.

“You’re not fat.” The latter said as a matter of fact. “I don’t even care if you are.”

“I want to maintain my body, is it so wrong?” Tiffany put the dishes on the sink, annoyed.

“It is wrong when you go on unreasonable strict diet. You don’t eat breakfast, god knows how much you eat at lunch, and n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter