THE ANGER

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon stared at the half full plate across her then sighed. They were supposed to have peaceful nice dinner together instead of fighting about something that didn’t even need to be a problem in the first place.

Now, Tiffany was mad at her.

“He’s the bad guy. Why would you help him?”

“He’s a Korean citizen. He deserves the right of law, Taeyeon-ah.”

“What he did is already breaking the law. Do you even understand the deprivation this country has to suffer because of people like him? Or the poor who lose their job and everything?”

“You don’t get it, do you?”

“Get what? What I see is that you’re helping a corruptor to not receives his retribution.”

“You know what? I don’t think we should talk about work. You clearly can’t see it from my perspective.”

“Why? You ask for my opinion and that’s my opinion.”

“You want me to talk about it!”

“Because I thought it’d be good if we share everything. Whatever that’s on our mind–”

“And that is exactly what I’m doing! I don’t talk about my work to have you criticize about it without look at the main problem!”

“Why are you shouting? It’s merely my opinion and it doesn’t matter. You will help him anyway.”

“I’m going to bed.”

“We’re having dinner here.”

“Finish it yourself.”

“Fany?! Fany-ah!”  

Taeyeon stood by Tiffany’s bedroom door as she knocked softly. “Fany-ah?” She knocked again. “Please open up?”

“Go away!” Tiffany shouted.

“I’m so sorry. Can we talk please? Fany?” She tapped the door again. “I don’t want you to sleep upset.” There was no respond from inside. “Fany-ah, I really am sorry. I shouldn’t have spoken like that. It’s my fault. Forgive me, please?”

Finally, the lock clicked as the sign Tiffany permitted her to enter.

Taeyeon pushed the door slowly just in case Tiffany decided that she was angry enough to throw something at her.

“Fany?”

“I don’t really like you right now.” Tiffany sulked, folding her arms in annoyed manner. She was on her bed, staring with piercing eyes at the short woman.

“I know and I’m sorry,” Taeyeon stepped inside. “Are you going to kick me if I sit beside you?” She tried to joke but bit her tongue right away when Tiffany glared at her. “I don’t like it if you’re mad at me and since it’s me to blame, I want to make it up to you,” She said sincerely.

Tiffany, still with the same expression moved a bit to the middle side. Taeyeon smiled at the cute act.

“Is it too much if… if I hug you?”

For a split second, Tiffany’s eyes widen at the request. Her heart started thumping all over the place. She was fidgeting inside. Taeyeon invaded her personal space for the first time at the night when she had that horrible dream. Tiffany was willing to give her maximum comfort she could provide. Besides, Taeyeon wasn’t fully aware of it and Tiffany hadn’t grown too attached to her.

At this moment, it was too much for her to process. She was scared somehow. What if she overly liked it? What would happen then? Would she become addicted to Taeyeon’s touch? All of this was very frustrating.

“It’s okay if you’re not yet… you know… comfortable,” Taeyeon lowered her voice at the last part.

“You can,” Tiffany said tremblingly. Excitement and fear fused into one.

“Really?” She surprised.

“Don’t ask too much, just do it!” Tiffany hissed. She was beyond embarrassed and if Taeyeon wasted more time, she might chicken out and ran from there.

Cautiously, Taeyeon enveloped Tiffany in her arms. There was a jolt of electricity from every cell in her body. It was overwhelming and exhilarating. She had forgotten how it felt to be so close to somebody, how good the feeling to be at ease, how the warmth and assurance from another person could give her peace.

“Tae, you need to breathe.” Tiffany said when she sensed no movement from the latter. She had trouble breathing too earlier but thankfully she recovered fast. Taeyeon’s skin was so soft and in someway, it relaxed her.

After a while, Taeyeon’s breath became steady. She held Tiffany tighter. The smell of her shampoo intoxicated the surgeon. She rested her chin upon Tiffany’s head as the latter clutched onto Taeyeon’s arm, finally gave in.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon apologized yet again.

“Okay.” Tiffany replied.

“Still mad?” The lawyer shook her head. “What’s in your mind?”

“Honestly? Nothing.”

“Why is that?”

I can’t think of anything. Is it wrong to enjoy your hug this much? Tiffany only shrugged.

“I don’t kill bad people even if I know what they did.” Taeyeon took a deep breath. “It’s easy to do that if I want to. I hold the blade, they’re in my mercy. But I will never let them bleed to death. I help them, I fix them, even when I don’t want to.” Tiffany her skin. “It’s selfish of me to say what I said earlier, I’m sorry.”

“You said sorry a thousand times already.” Tiffany giggled. “I forgive you, Taeyeon-ah. I’m sorry I overreact.”

“It’s fine. You’re cute when you’re mad,” she smirked mischievously.

“Yah!” Tiffany pushed her away but Taeyeon tighten her grip.

“Let’s stay like this for a while,” the doctor mumbled.

Both women immersed in the serene situation. There was no rush, no worries, just the two of them, two strangers who developed an unknown feelings towards each other, sitting on the bed having a good time.

“You should sleep. Work tomorrow.” Taeyeon spoke a moment later. “I’ll see you first thing tomorrow morning.” She pecked the top of Tiffany’s head then moved away. “Sleep tight, Fany-ah. Goodnight.” Taeyeon smiled then turned off the lamp afterwards.

Tiffany exhaled a content breath. This foreign amazing feeling was exploding inside her chest. She was confused and overjoy at the same time. How did Taeyeon do that? Her hold was firm but gentle. And in that moment, nothing could go wrong. Nothing in her life could go wrong. Taeyeon was there. She was there and everything was right.

It could be temporarily. Universe can be cruel enough to take her happiness away. Her past could repeat itself. Taeyeon could be the same as her exes. But for now, she’d let her worries slide. She’d enjoy the moment while it last.

One thing for sure, Taeyeon deserved to know her for who she was.

 

-----

 

“Good morning!” Tiffany cheerfully greeted Taeyeon. “Sit down, breakfast is almost ready.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Taeyeon grinned as she sat on her chair. She noticed Tiffany didn’t wear her usual formal outfit. She was wearing a polka-dot dress that ended just above her knee. The fabric hugged her body perfectly. What a sight for sore eyes. “You’re not going to work today?”

“Of course I am, silly. Why?”

“In a dress?”

“I’ll put a blazer later. How do I look?” She turned around, hands on her hips, posing like a model.

Taeyeon gulped at the view. Her cheeks turned red but she didn’t want to look away. Tiffany was mesmerizing and why would she resist such beauty. “You – you look really great.”

“Thanks!” She went back to her waffle. “Hey, so a new film just come out to the cinema, want to go watch it?”

“What film?”

“The Theory of Everything. I’ve read the book, I’ve seen the trailer, and it’s so good.”

“Is it a CSI kind of thing?”

“CSI?” Tiffany served the waffle to Taeyeon with a frown. “The title is The Theory of Everything, Tae.”

“For all I know it can be about a group of terrorist who want to take over the world or I don’t know… a spaceship action thriller?”

“Seriously?” Tiffany increased her brow as she passed Taeyeon the maple syrup.

Taeyeon relented with a smile, “knowing you, it should be romantic or comedy.”

“Correct!” Tiffany took a bite, “it’s a biographical romantic drama. Stephen Hawking, does that name ring a bell?”

“Should it?”

“Tae, you don’t know who Stephen Hawking is?” Tiffany gasped in disbelief.

Taeyeon stopped her fork mid air. “But I know Brad Pitt? He and Angelina Jolie adopted bunch of children.” Taeyeon offered her limited knowledge about Hollywood entertainment.

“Stephen Hawking is not a celebrity. He’s an English t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter