THE BOOK

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Should we talk to them now?”

“They’re doing really good, I don’t want to put any pressure on them. Let them be. What do you think?”

“We think the same way too. But for how long?”

“Give it six more months? Let them enjoy the moment.”

“And if they finally ask us about it?”

“Then we’ll discuss it with them.”

“We’re happy.”

“Believe me, we are too.”

 

 

-----

 

 

The doctors sat on their respective spot.

“You find your phone?”

“No. I can’t believe I lost it. All of my important contacts are there.”

“But that’s the same phone,” Hyoyeon pointed the black device beside Taeyeon’s bowl.

“It’s Fany’s. I bought a new phone but it’s too big. I don’t like it so I trade it with her. Her phone is boring, no games whatsoever. I have to download it all over again.”

“What phone did you buy?” Sunny asked.

“iPhone 6. I want to buy the same type like my old one but it’s no longer produced. I can’t believe their break through revolution is its size,” Taeyeon laughed. “The application is pretty much the same, I think?”

“You should exchange it with me. I wouldn’t mind a bigger phone.”

“In your dream, you short!” Taeyeon snorted at her.

            “You’re only 1 cm taller, you dumb! Anyway, are you going to go to that conference?” Sunny stole Hyoyeon’s fries.

“I don’t know, haven’t talk to Fany about it.” Taeyeon drank her infused water before shoving more noodles into .

“What?”

“The conference will be held for four days and I don’t want to be all alone in different continent with myself.”

“Wow, never know you’re so smitten.” Hyoyeon and Sunny laughed out loud. Taeyeon stopped chewing her food to glare at her friends.

“It’s a good thing, really.” Hyoyen said, still snickering.

“You say it like it’s not. Stop laughing at me. Yah!”

They didn’t stop.

 

 

-----

 

 

“What’s for dinner?” Taeyeon opened the fridge and picked up the ice cream box.

“Tae, no ice cream before dinner.” Tiffany reminded her.

“Just one scoop.”

“Kim Taeyeon,” the lawyer glared sternly at her. “Put it back to the fridge. Ice cream is for dessert not appetizer.”

“But I want appetizer,” she pouted.

“Then have salad or something. Put. It. Back.” Tiffany emphasized each word.

“Dictator,” Taeyeon muttered under her breath but did what she told anyway. She used to have ice cream for dinner, ice cream for breakfast, ice cream for midnight snack and no one would nag her for it. But, she wouldn’t barter her new life with anything in the world.

“I heard that,” Tiffany stated whilst tasting her cooking.

“So what? Are you going to ban ice cream from me?” Taeyeon pulled a face.

“Should I do that?” The pretty girl challenged her.

Taeyeon sighed. “I’m not a kid anymore. I can eat whatever I want.” She huffed as she sat on the kitchen counter.

“Then maybe you should act like an adult,” Tiffany gave her a peck on the lips. “It’s for your own good, Taeyeon-ah.”

“Fine,” she defeated. “Kiss me more,” she quickly grabbed the latter’s face before she could escape.

“Tae, the meat will burn out.” She mumbled between kisses. “We can continue this later after meal.”

“Really?” Taeyeon pulled back a bit. “Full make out session?”

“Full make out session,” Tiffany promised. “Now let me go otherwise you’ll have burnt steak for dinner.”

“Okay, okay.” She set her free.

Taeyeon didn’t have any idea when did food presentation become so important to her. She recently easily lost her appetite simply because the presentation wasn’t suitable for her liking. Like when she found something was out of place or the color variation was too much, or the sauce smeared messily. She just couldn’t stand that. Tiffany’s pretty and neat serving was probably the main reason. Her home made cooking was more like five stars hotel cuisine. That was an enormous value in Taeyeon’s eyes, also one of so many other reasons why she fell in love with her every single day.  

“Woah!” Taeyeon’s mouth automatically produced saliva at the beautiful sight. “What’s this?”

“Steak Fajita Rolls.” Tiffany answered while putting the meat to Taeyeon’s plate. She waited till Taeyeon finished chewing before asking how was her cooking.

“I love it.”

“Love it or love me?” Tiffany teased.

“I love you but I love it more right now,” Taeyeon grinned. “Thank you for always making awesome food for me.”

“You are very welcome,” she smiled from ear to ear.

“Oh Fany-ah,” she suddenly remembered about the upcoming event. “I have a conference next month in Prague. Would you like to come with me? It’ll be awesome.”

“What?”

“Conference. Next month. Prague.” She repeated the highlight while swallowing her food.

“I uh, I don’t know, Taeyeon-ah… “ Tiffany hesitated.

“Why?”

“I’m trying to save some money right now. You know to prepare… stuff?”

“Oh. I have money if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“This is an expensive trip, Taeyeon-ah. I don’t want you to spend your money for me.”

“Then should I repay you for the rent that you’ve paid? Or all the groceries and clothes you buy for me? Or for your cooking? For my laundry? For the gas every time you drop me off at the hospital?” Taeyeon asked in all seriousness.

“What? What nonsense are you talking about?!” Tiffany was offended. She never mind spending money for their needs. 

“Should I?” Taeyeon restated.

“No.” Tiffany said in high tone. “What even–”

“Then you shouldn’t think about money for the trip. Pharmacy company will pay for me. We can use our own money for your expenses. Besides, the only thing we need to pay is aircraft transportation costs. Hotels, transportation and meals for us there are covered. Well, unless you want to go shopping.”

“This is different, Taeyeon-ah,” she argued.

“Fany, I'm doing what I do the best and what I enjoy the most. I’m a surgeon. I help people. I get pay for it. I honestly have too much money for my own good and I want to spend it on you. This is not a big deal.” Taeyeon put into words.

“It’s different nonetheless. We’re talking about a lot of money here.”

“So what?! It’s going to be your money, too.” Taeyeon became impatient by their pointless argumentation. It would be a different story if Tiffany couldn’t go due to her work but since the main reason was money, Taeyeon couldn’t help but feel rejected. “What’s the point of me getting my payment if it’s not for you?”

“Huh?” Tiffany bewildered. “What are you talking about?”

“We’re going to get married someday. Why are you keep forgetting about that? Do you have someone else in mind?!” Now Taeyeon was pissed.

“No! No! No! It’s not that. You know I love you. I just… think that this is too much. We aren’t married, yet,” Tiffany explained.

“Fine, then I guess I won’t go too.” She stood up from her seat and did her dish, irritated.

“Taeyeon-ah.” Tiffany called her softy. “Please don’t get the wrong idea? I truthfully don’t have anyone but you in my mind. I’m sorry, okay? Don’t be upset.” She hugged Taeyeon from behind.

If somebody told her she would actually consider and genuinely happy to marry Taeyeon a year a go, she would laugh at that person’s face mercilessly. Funny how things turned up that they were now in love when they started off on the wrong foot.    

“Yeah, I’m cool,” she spoke flatly. “I’m going to bed. Thanks for dinner,” Taeyeon freed herself from Tiffany’s embrace as she dried her hands and walked out from the kitchen.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Tiffany shouted stopping her in track. Taeyeon didn’t turn to face her, though. “At least give me time to think about it first?”

“You have a week.”

 

 

-----

 

 

Day 2

Taeyeon had been lying on her back, staring in full concentration at Tiffany’s door for a while now. When she heard a click she quickly lifted up Weekend Gateway: Prague magazine. She carefully casted a brief look at Tiffany who was now strolling her way to the kitchen.

Taeyeon watched her every move.

Tiffany came back a moment after as she took a glass of coke. She cozily turned the TV on, spared a glace to Taeyeon then laughed. “Taeyeon-ah, you read your magazine upside down.” She informed the clueless Taeyeon.

“What?” The shorty checked it. Her face reddened in embarrassment. She slumped on the couch hiding from humiliation.

Tiffany moved closer to her. She tried to pull the magazine off of Taeyeon’s grip. She was struggling to take because Taeyeon was too mortified to show her face.

“Why are you so cute?” Tiffany pinched Taeyeon’s nose earing an adorable pout. She leaned down to kiss her. “Where did you buy that?”

“I didn’t buy it,” she lied.

“Oh?” Tiffany looked at her with her that do you really want to play lie with me eyes.

“At the newspaper shop in the hospital,” she sulked. “This is no fun.”

 

Day 3

“Sooyoung-ah, have you ever been to Prague?”

The taller girl swallowed the fine meat before answering. “No, but I’d love to go there someday. It’s on my top list of places I want to visit actually. Why you ask?”

“Can you persuade Tiffany to go with me? I really, really want to take her there. She’s too stubborn.”

“Is that why you come and feed me so much food? To bribe me so she changes her mind to go with you?”

“Does it work?” Taeyeon asked hopefully.

“One

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter