Tutor Business

To Trouble Thee

"I hate this, I hate that, but above all, I hate you." Dasom dropped her head down against the table. She let out a loud moan while Myungsoo, who was sitting across from her, stared at her with an annoyed expression.

The two were at Dasom's house, alone. Her mother thought that it would be best to leave her daughter alone with the tutor for her to focus more, as she knew how easily her daughter was. Unfortunately for Dasom, that meant that she would be stuck with the guy she hated for hours to come.

Getting tutored wasn't the problem. Of course not, that was just silly. She would be happy to get tutored by Taemin or even Jieun. She would accept anyone to tutor her except for Myungsoo. The way he kept calling her an "idiot" (although Taemin would probably call her that, too) and kept nagging her to do the same problems (which Taemin, again, would probably do if he was the tutor) only caused Dasom to vent out her frustration through loud groans and grunts.

Myungsoo rested his chin against the palm of his head. "Are you done complaining? If you are, then try solving this again."

Dasom puffed up her cheeks and glared. "I just did that problem!"

"Well, do it again."

"You're teasing me!"

He broke into a smile. "Is that a bad thing? I don't think it's teasing. I think I'm just helping you learn. Practice makes perfect."

"Why did you even offer to tutor me? We hate each other!" Dasom cried out. She sat back up and grabbed her pencil, solving the problem once again. "Just you wait… My mom is going to hear all about this and the only one who's going to get in trouble is—"

"You," Myungsoo quickly interrupted. Dasom looked at him, furious at how he intercepted her words. "Your mom trusts me more than you. As sad as it sounds, it's the truth. If you start complaining, she's only going to think that you were fooling around."

Dasom glared at him. "I hate it how you know everything."

"Better than knowing nothing," he said. He looked at her, then smirk as he used the end of the pencil to poke her forehead. "Come on, stop frowning. You'll get wrinkles."

"And you'll be the cause of them, which means even a bigger reason to hate you!" She groaned and made circles around the problem she was stuck on. "Plus, this is hard! It's really hard! Word problems aren't my thing!"

"Okay, which one?" he asked. He got up form his seat and walked over to Dasom's side. Hovering over her shoulders, he watched Dasom try to drill a hole through the problem with her finger. "This one is easy. Here." He placed his hand over Dasom's writing hand and began to guide her through the problem. "You're trying to find out this variable, so you have to first derive the equation, which is this. Then you do this, and then this, then this…"

Dasom frowned. She stopped frowning when she sniffed something nice. A strong scent of cologne lingered below her nose. It wasn't the cheap kind of cologne that made her feel sick. Just from the refreshing, spicy smell, she knew that it was an expensive brand.

Her eyes rolled up from her hand to Myungsoo's face. She sniffed him once more, trying to confirm if it was him.

"You smell nice," Dasom commented, breathing into his ears. Her words caused a quick tingle in the back of his neck. Realizing how close he was to Dasom, he blushed hard and pulled away from her. 

"W-What?" he stuttered, touching his ear.

"Is that a new cologne?" she asked innocently. 

"O-Oh. Y-Yeah, it is," he answered. He loudly cleared his throat and looked away. "W-Why? Do you like it…?"

"I don't really have a preference," she told him, looking back at the math problem. "I just think it smells nice." She glanced at him for a brief moment. "Are you…blushing?"

"N-No!" he quickly denied. "Who the hell blushes for someone like you?"

Dasom shot him a glare. "I'll have you know, a lot of guys blush for me! I'm attractive, and you're no—" She paused, then grinned. "Could it be that your ears are very sensitive?"

"Huh?"

"Isn't that why you're blushing?" Dasom asked. She was about to press on further when she heard the door bell ring. The two looked up at the direction where they heard the door bell. "Huh. I'll get the door. Be right back."

Myungsoo patiently waited for her to return. He fanned himself, trying to compose himself while he checked the problems she did. He began to mark the paper with a red color pencil.

A few minutes later, Dasom returned to the kitchen. To his surprise, she wasn't alone. Baekhyun, who was following behind her, smiled brightly when he saw Myungsoo.

"Hey! Myungsoo! You really were here!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "I met your mother a few minutes ago and she said that you'd be helping Dasom with tutoring—"

He quickly stopped and let out a small chuckle. Myungsoo was shooting him death glares, mentally cursing him for making an apearance. On the other hand, Dasom tilted her head, wondering what was so funny. 

"Great to see you, Baekhyun! I don't see any possible reason for you to come here," Myungsoo stated in a bitter tone.

"Actually, I just wanted to play around a bit." Baekhyun pulled up a chair at the table. "So, what's the subject?"

"Math." Dasom grunted.

"Ooh, I can't help you there. I at math. Myungsoo tutored me last year for math, too. You'll want to learn everything from him," Baekhyun said. He smirked. "Besides, where else would you find a guy like him?"

"Baekhyun, stop," Myungsoo quickly hissed. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with your girlfriend?"

Baekhyun sighed. "She's busy with college stuff. Then she told me to go and think about my future. So I did think about my future, but there was one thing I knew I had to do before I moved on to think about my future!" He turned to Myungsoo and patted his shoulder. "My goal—before the school year ends—is to get you at least on girlfriend."

"Baekhyun, I don't need one—"

"But you want one," Baekhyun said. He smirked, "and I know who you want."

Dasom's eyes twinkled. "Myungsoo? He has the heart to love someone?"

Myungsoo turned red again. "O-Of course I do!"

"Who?" she asked curiously.

Myungsoo opened his mouth to answer her, but nothing came out. She had imposed the question on him so quickly, his mind was stubbling over the words he wanted to say. He clenched his teeth and shot a quick glare at Baekhyun.

"It's really none of your business," he said, speaking to both parties. "Besides, it'll probably bother you if you knew."

"Hm. True," Dasom agreed. "I can't stand seeing you love another girl."

Myungsoo's eyes sparkled. "Is that jealousy that I'm hearing?"

"No, it's just a revolting thought. I can't help but pity the girl you like," Dasom said, shaking her head. "You're better off single, Kim Myungsoo."

Myungsoo dropped his shoulders, while Baekhyun gave him a pitiful look. Then, he slowly got up and dragged his feet towards the hall.

"I'm going to the restroom," he muttered. "Dasom, check your work. I made red marks on questions you got wrong…"

When Myungsoo went to the restroom, Baekhyun clicked his tongue. The quick sound caused Dasom to look up at him. He looked at her, then scoffed.

"Sometimes, I wonder if it's right to call you a 'love expert' when you don't even know obvious love," Baekhyun commented.

"Wha—I am a love expert. Who do you think you're talking to?" Dasom retorted.

"Oh yeah?" He leaned close to her. "Do you know who Myungsoo likes?"

Dasom frowned. So Myungsoo actually likes someone? To her, it was one of the most ridiculous things she had ever heard.

"No, I don't," she admitted, "but that doesn't mean that I'm not an expert in love. Maybe he's just good at hiding it."

"Well, he told me who he likes," Baekhyun said casually. He looked away, knowing that he earned Dasom's complete attention.

"Who, who?" she asked. Her eyes sparkled. "I have to save her before anything bad happens!"

"I can't say. He told me not to tell you," he said. He smirked. "You know why he told me? It's because I'm his best friend."

Dasom glared at him. "Byun Baekhyun, I demand you to tell me right now!"

Baekhyun grinned. Dasom had caught the bait. He knew that there was no way to turn back down.

Sorry, Myungsoo, but I have a mission to accompish, he thought. "I can tell you, but everything will change."

"Who cares? I just want the gossip!" Dasom exclaimed. "Oh, and don't worry. I won't tell a single soul—"

"It's you." Baekhyun wasted no time to tell her the truth. He looked at her, noticing her disappointed expression. She didn't believe him. "I'm serious, Dasom. It's you."

"Stop it, Baekhyun! Geez, you guys both tease me a lot!" she complained. "Really, I want to know who it is!"

"I am telling you the truth! It's you. Myungsoo likes you," Baekhyun revealed. He leaned close to her again. "Isn't it obvious?"

Dasom laughed. "Why would he like someone he hates him so much? Huh? What kind of love is that?"

"It's his kind of love. Plus, it wasn't like he hated you. It was more like you hating him and him taking in the hate, but loving you. Honestly, if I met a someone like that, I'd date them for sure," Baekhyun said. He sighed. "It's a pity, though. He's been keeping this crush in secret for years. Everyone knows about it. Everyone, but you."

He clicked his tongue, shaking his head in disappointment. When he looked at Dasom, he noticed her wide-eyed expression. It was like she was starting to believe in him, but she was still hesitant about his words.

"Don't you think it's weird how he's so nice to you when you're so mean to him? I mean, come on. He gets jealous every time you're with some guy, even if they're just your friends," Baekhyun pointed out. He was going to press on until he noticed that Dasom's skin turned pale. He raised his eyebrows. "Woah. Dasom, are you okay? I didn't mean to disgust you or anything. I just wanted to tell you the truth."

"I-I'm not disgusted," Dasom stuttered.

Baekhyun continued to make his amused face. This was the first time he had heard Dasom stutter.

"Then what is it?" he asked her.

"I'm scared," she confessed. She looked down at the red marks on her paper. "What do I do?"

"What do you mean by that?" Baekhyun inquired.

"I mean, what do I do from now on?" She bit her bottom lip. "Usually when I find out that a guy is into me, I start flirting with them and dating them. I can't see myself doing that to Myungsoo. Whenever I see his face, I just want to spit at him."

Baekhyun laughed. "Do you hate him that much? How about trying to like him for once?"

"I can't."

"Well, that was a fast answer," he pointed out. "Why not? You don't even have to like him for real. How about liking him half-heartedly."

"I can't."

"Why not?" he repeated.

She looked at him with terrified eyes. "Because hating him is all I know what to do for him."

Baekhyun widened his eyes and bit his tongue. He totally forgot that for years, Dasom had been hating him from the bottom of her heart. He always thought that her hatred towards Myungsoo wasn't that strong, but now that he saw her reaction, he realized that hating him was more of a habit for Dasom. It was a habit that she couldn't pull away from.

Damn. Should've thought of this before I told her about Myungsoo's crush, Baekhyun cursed.

The two heard footsteps coming from the bathroom. Dasom gasped and quickly covered her face with her hair, looking down and pretending like she was working. Baekhyun tuned a whistle, resting his foot on the table while tilted his chair back a bit, acting like nothing had happened. Myungsoo came into the kitchen with a smile, but he quickly frowned when he noticed a suspicious atmosphere rising from the two.

"What happened?" Myungsoo asked carelessly. He pulled a chair next to Dasom. She let out a small yelp and scooted away. Myungsoo frowned. "Are you okay, Dasom?"

"I-I'm fine," she said awkwardly. "Shut up and let me finish—" She paused, then bit her bottom lip. "P-Please let me work quietly…?"

Myungsoo's eyes turned massively wide. Is Dasom being polite towards me?

He turned to Baekhyun, who swiftly looked away and continued to tune another whistle. "Did something happen?"

"Nope, nothing!" Baekhyun exclaimed. He got off his seat and waved at his friend. "Later, Myungsoo! See you soon, Dasom!"

Dasom gasped and got up. "W-Wait! You can't leave me alone like this! I don't know what to do!"

"What do you mean you don't know what to do?" Myungsoo asked, frowning. "Seriously, guys. Did something happen?"

"Nope, nothing!" Baekhyun repeated.

"N-Nothing really happened," Dasom muttered. "I-I was just talking about this math problem. I'm s-stuck on it, you know?"

Really?" Myungsoo asked. He casually put his hands on her shoulders to push her down at her seat. However, she jerked away and stared at him in surprise. He could only stare back with shock. "I am convinced that something happened."

"N-Nothing!" Dasom exclaimed, touching her shoulders. "Can you just leave for today? Please?"

Again. She asked me nicely, Myungsoo noted. He was hesitant, but Baekhyun quickly grabbed his wrist and pulled him out the door. They exchanged quick "goodbyes" with Dasom, who chased them out of her home and locked the door once they were outside.

When the two were alone, Myungsoo shot Baekhyun a glare. Baekhyun gulped, knowing that he was caught.

"Alright, Baekhyun. Speak," Myungsoo demanded. "You said something to Dasom, didn't you?"

"What? No!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "I would never…"

"Come on, Baekhyun. I've been friends with you for years. You better tell me what happened," Myungsoo told him.

Baekhyun sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I might've said a little something that made her very…different—"

"Byun Baekhyun!" Myungsoo yelled, glaring at him.

"Okay, fine!" Baekhyun shouted back. He let out a huff of air. "Would you kill me if I told you that I told Dasom how you like her?"

Myungsoo froze. "You what?"

"Do I have to repeat myself? I told her that you like h—"

"Byun Baekhyun, I'll kill you!" Myungsoo screamed. Baekhyun let out a shriek and began running for his life with Myungsoo chasing him down the street.

 

Day 84 - Dasom
Shocking news, everyone. I learned that Myungsoo likes me… and I don't know what to do. OMG.