Much Cuter

To Trouble Thee

"Alright! Today is the first day of the spring fair! Now, let's go see what the other clubs are doing before it gets any busier than now!" Dasom exclaimed, locking arms with Junhee and Byunghun. The three friends cheered along with her, happily walking along the corridors of the school.

As it was planned yesterday, Eunji and Jieun were busy helping out with the cooking club, and Taemin decided to hang out with his girlfriend last minute. He had promised to hang out with them on the last day of the spring fair, just like what Eunji and Jieun were going to do. It took a while for Dasom to accept his answer, as she thought that Taemin was trying to avoid her (which wasn't a surprise, since she admitted to be acting over-emotional about the entire situation).

"Where are we going first?" Byunghun asked, opening the little brochure he managed to take from the front of the school. "We can go see Eunji and Jieun right now. Lets see… the basketball club is holding out a small basketball event, but it's not as fun as it seems to be."

"The art club is holding a small arts and craft activity. Since it wouldn't be that big, they didn't ask a lot of volunteers. I'll be helping out tomorrow, so Dasom, you'll probably be with Byunghun only," Junhee mentioned.

Dasom dropped her jaws. "What? Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I just received news about it this morning. There was a paper in my shoe locker," Junhee said, trying to defend herself.

"Well, I guess it'll just be you and me, Byunghun. You okay with that?" she asked.

"I'm cool with that. I'm only in charge of the second shift, so for the second half of the day, you're going to be alone," Byunghun pointed out.

Dasom was just about to say something until someone touched her hair. She quickly flinched and whirled around, glaring at the man who dared to touch her straightened hair. She sighed when she saw that it was Myungsoo, who was standing alone.

"Ugh. It's only Myungsoo. Let's go, guys," Dasom said, pulling her friends further away from the third- year.

Myungsoo gave her a look of annoyance, and persistently followed her. No matter how fast Dasom walked, he was right behind her, shooting her a glare as if he was telling her to stop. She turned around once only to stick out her tongue, which he scowled at.

"Dasom. Look. We're at the art room," Junhee said, pointing at the room beside them. She stopped abruptly, causing Dasom to trip over her own shoe and lose her balance.

Dasom was just about to fall until she reached out for a hand. Her heart skipped a beat for a second, but when she met the eyes of the man who had saved her, she frowned in disapproval.

"Really? You really had to stop me from falling, Kim Myungsoo?" Dasom complained, straightening her skirt.

"You were about to fall and make a fool of yourself," he said nonchalantly.

Dasom groaned and rolled her eyes. She then realized that her friends were entering the crafting room. Dasom followed behind her friends, while Myungsoo chased after her. The four walked over to a square table with four chairs. They each took their seat: Byunghun and Junhee sat across from each other while Myungsoo and Dasom faced each other. Chanyeol came over with a tray of clay. Just as he was about to put the clay on the table, he raised his eyebrows when he saw Junhee.

"Hey, Junhee! I thought you were going to visit some other place. Do you like arts and craft?" Chanyeol asked, surprised to see the music-lover.

Junhee blushed and avoided his eyes. When she looked away, she saw Dasom and Byunghun give her a teasing grin. 

"N-No! You're being stupid. Why would I like art? My friends just wanted to stop by," she stuttered.

"You're the one who said that we were at the art room. You're the one who stopped by here first," Byunghun pointed out.

Junhee scoffed. "Only because I wanted to see what the art room was going to do. I'm going to help out here tomorrow. I should at least know what's going around here, right?"

"Okay, okay. Say whatever you want. Anyway, here are some clay. Do whatever you want with them. At the end, when you're done with the clay, just call us and we'll bake it for you. If you want to do something with paper, then those stuff are at the other side of the room. I'll be right back. I need to go and explain to the kids over there how to do it," Chanyeol said. He walked away to another table, where there were two toddlers smashing clay or rolling them up into a ball.

Dasom pulled up her sleeves, staring at the blob of clay in front of her. She looked around, watching her friends. Byunghun quickly rolled up his clay into a smooth ball, and it was obvious that he was going to make a basketball. She looked over to Junhee, who struggled to do anything with the clay. Then, she stared at Myungsoo, who carefully kneaded the clay like dough.

"What are you making, Myungsoo?" Junhee asked, looking up.

"Me? I'm making something you second-years don't understand," he boasted.

"You have absolutely no idea what to do, do you?" Dasom asked, rolling her eyes.

Myungsoo's cheeks turned bright red, embarrassed that he got caught. Byunghun snickered and raised his hand, informing Chanyeol that he was done with his basketball. Chanyeol came over, and Junhee kept quiet.

"Are you going to paint this? We can let you paint it, but you're going to have to come back in a few hours," Chanyeol said, examining the sloppy carvings for the stripes.

"Will it be done before the second half? I need to go and help out for the basketball club during the second half of the fair," Byunghun said.

"That's too bad. Do you want me to hold onto it until tomorrow? I'll be working with Junhee tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure we can hide it for you," said the artistic boy.

Junhee gasped and stared at him with wide eyes.

"I'm working with you? Alone? With you? " Junhee asked.

"Yeah. I'll be here for all four days. The advisor said that we have 'good chemistry' or something. She told me that you like to watch me paint from afar. I think she's saying that because we're in the same class," he said. "Anyway, I'll bake this and you can come back to paint this, okay?"

"Sweet! I get my very own basketball clay. How cool is that?" Byunghun asked, grinning.

"Are any of you guys done?" Chanyeol questioned them. The three shook their heads. "May I make a suggestion?"

"Please do. I'm completely lost!" Dasom cried out.

"Well, you can make simple shapes, like what those kids are doing. Then later, you can come back and design those shapes. The more creative ones make things like jewelry, fruits, or strange figurines," he said.

"Can I make a music note or something?" Junhee asked, struggling to do anything.

"Sure you can! Want me to help?" he offered. When Junhee nodded her head, he walked over to her side. His hovered over her small body, and rested his large hands on top of hers. For a moment, Junhee flinched and let out a gasp, feeling hot as Chanyeol kept coming closer. When she realized that he was guiding her hands through the process, she kept quiet, but she looked as if she was embarrassed.

Oh, Dasom thought, staring at Junhee and Chanyeol with a blank look. That looks nice. I wish I had a relationship like that…

"So what are we going to see next?" Byunghun asked, interrupting Dasom's thoughts. "I want to check out my class. They said that they were selling flowers, but I really don't think that's what they're going to do."

"Afterwards, can we go to the Taekwondo club? It's just a small show, but I think it'll be fun for you second-years to watch it," Myungsoo said.

"What happened to your friends? Are you alone?" Dasom asked. "I thought you didn't like hanging with us."

Myungsoo paused, then blushed. "W-Well, it just seems that my friends are all busy. I-I'm not too close with the o-others, so I'm hanging out with you. Don't get the wrong idea! I still hate you!"

Dasom scoffed. "Whatever. I think you're being a nuisance, too."

"Now, now, Dasom. That's not very nice," Byunghun said, shaking his index finger in the air. "By the way, are you guys done yet? I want to leave. It's getting boring."

Dasom looked around. Junhee was finishing her artwork with Chanyeol over her small body. When she looked at Myungsoo, he was shaping his clay into a cube while poking on the dots.

A dice, huh? Dasom thought. Should I just do the same…?

"Not done yet?" Byunghun asked, anxiously staring at the rest.

Dasom quickly looked up. "U-Uh…"

"Want me to do it for you?" Myungsoo asked. He took her clay without hearing her answer. His swift fingers played with her clay, and Dasom was amazed to see how skillful he was. He did the same to her clay as he did to his; he shaped it into a cube, poking in dots to make a dice. "Here, done."

"T-Thanks," Dasom said softly, staring at the new figure. "Did you do art before?"

"Huh? Didn't you know? Myungsoo was in the art club since his first year. We did a lot of art things together, but I was more into painting and he was more into pottery and clay stuff. We weren't too close, though," Chanyeol informed them. "When you guys came to the school, he rarely came here. He always left early."

He left the school early to walk with Dasom or to follow her, huh? Junhee and Byunghun thought in unison, staring at Dasom. It was obvious that Dasom didn't know the answer herself, but she chose to remain silent. Myungsoo blushed a bit, then rolled his eyes.

"Well, I was too into art, so I skipped a lot of classes and now I have to repeat a year. I have no regrets, though. More art for me!" Chanyeol cheered. He grabbed a tray and placed all four's clay on top of it. "Come back during the second half. They should be baked by then. Nice seeing you, Junhee! Make sure you come here tomorrow."

The four got up from their seat, bidding Chanyeol a "goodbye" while waving at him. When they left the room, they abruptly stopped to see Taemin walking towards them. However, he wasn't alone. His girlfriend, Soojung was happily next to him, holding his hands while keeping a shy smile. When the two group met each other's eyes, they stopped for a brief moment, surprised at their sudden encounter.

"Hi Taemin. What's up?" Byunghun asked, raising a fist.

"Just walking around, helping the classrooms. Did you see Jieun and Eunji yet? The cooking club is donig amazing," Taemin commented, returning the fist bump.

"No, not yet. We want to go there during lunch time. We just came back from the art room," Junhee said.

"It seems like Junhee has to help them out tomorrow, so do you mind filling in her spot? Your girlfriend is welcomed, too," Dasom said, slightly glaring at Soojung. She didn't know why, but something besides the fact that Soojung was Taemin's girlfriend bugged her. She knew that it related to Soojung, but she just couldn't figure out why.

"I'm pretty sure we can do something. Will Myungsoo be joining you, though?" Taemin asked, glancing at the third-year.

Soojung's expression turned sour, as if she had encountered a foul beast. Myungsoo scratched his head, awkwardly looking away from Soojung's stare. Seeing this, Dasom raised her eyebrow. Did these two know each other?

"Not too sure. This guy is a loner," Dasom said.

"By the way, have you ever met Soojung, Myungsoo? You two seem close," Byunghun said out loud.

Close? They don't seem close at all, Dasom thought, raising an eyebrow.

"Um, we did meet once. A little something happened, but that's all," Myungsoo muttered, avoiding the details.

"Yes. A little something did happen, didn't it?" Soojung asked, flashing him a fake smile.

"Well, this little thing wouldn't have really happened if you weren't sensitive," he said in a low voice.

"This little something also wouldn't have happened if you kept your opinions to yourself, right? Oh! By the way…" Soojung turned to Taemin and locked arms with him. He looked at her uncomfortably, but managed to force a small grin. "…This guy here? He's my boyfriend. He's number one, not to mention that he's really popular. Oh, and guess what? He was the one to confess to me first–"

"I did what?" Taemin asked, bewildered.

"Taemin, you confessed first? Is that even possible?" Junhee asked, widening her eyes.

"Of course! He confessed to me without even knowing about my background. Don't you remember, Taemin? I just took a step on the school ground, and you grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, saying how my beauty complimented the spring weather," Soojung said, resting her head against his shoulder. "I can remember like yesterday. It was romantically cheesy, too!"

Dasom suddenly laughed in a hysterical manner. "Taemin? Confess to you first? He even said how beautiful you were? Please, this guy doesn't even know when he likes someone."

"Besides, wasn't he with us the entire time we stepped into the school?" Byunghun pointed out. "I swear that he was always with us. He was always next to me. I can go ask Jieun to confi… Actually, never mind. She was always chasing after Hyunwoo."

Taemin heaved a sigh to himself. "Um, yeah. I just had this weird feeling in my chest and I just stepped in, saying that I liked her. I didn't even think that she was going to accept me."

"Yep, yep! Taemin, please tell this jerk and your friends what you told me," Soojung said, clearly trying to boast about her perfect boyfriend to Myungsoo.

"Hold it, hold it! I want to record this," Byunghun exclaimed, fishing out his phone. "This is a golden moment." He pressed the red button on his phone. "Okay, say it now!"

Taemin is going to kill Byunghun later, Dasom thought, snickering as she stared at Taemin's horrified look. The smart boy heaved a loud sigh, trying to think of something on the spot. Soojung waited patiently, anticipating for his choice of words. 

"On the day I met her," Taemin began, taking a deep breath, "I told her that… her beauty complimented the spring weather. There!"

Byunghun shook his head and raised his index finger. "Oh, no, no, sir! I want word for word of what you said."

"You're killing me here, Byunghun! You're killing me," Taemin hissed quietly, making a tight fist.

"He's not the only one. I want to know what you said, too," Junhee added, giving him a cheesy smile.

Taemin exhaled loudly. "I told Soojung… I told her… I said, 'This morning, I swore that the most beautiful scene was when the cherry blossoms fell like a delicate meteor shower, but as my eyes fell a certain petal, I realized that the only beauty in this world was you. Will you please be my girlfriend?'"

A pause.

Suddenly, Dasom, Junhee, and Byunghun burst into laughter, crying in bliss as Taemin turned bright pink. In particular, Byunghun fell to the ground, slapping his hand against the dirty floor. Junhee tried her hardest not to laugh, but it was clearly impossible when she held her stomach with her arms. Dasom continued to join them, throwing her head back while slamming herself against the wall.

"That… is golden!" Byunghun cracked up, wiping away a tear. "I am never going to delete this!"

"Send that to me, send that to me!" Dasom demanded, taking out her phone.

"You guys shut up! Geez, you have no idea how embarrassing it is," Taemin muttered, looking away. "You better not send it, Lee Byunghun! I'll kill you!"

"You can kill me any time! I will forever treasure this," Byunghun said. "Let's go show this to Jieun and Eunji!"

He took off, and Junhee followed right behind him. Taemin chased after them while he kept holding hands with Soojung. Right when Dasom was going to join her friends, she was pulled back. When she turned around, she saw Myungsoo staring at her, holding her tight with his large hands.

"What's up?" Dasom asked innocently.

Suddenly, Myungsoo leaned close, causing Dasom to do the opposite. The way his large, brown eyes piereced into her own eyes caused her to feel funny inside. Finally, Myungsoo straightened his back, roughly patting her short hair.

"Hey, hey! You're messing up my hair!" she cried aloud.

"Yep, no matter how I see it, you're much cuter," Myungsoo said, walking away.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Dasom asked, following Myungsoo.

He paused, then gave her a soft expression. "Nothing. Let's go to your friends?"

Throughout the entire day, Dasom kept wondering what Myungsoo meant earlier, thinking about the one word he said: cute.

Oh wait... Dasom looked down at her empty hands. Taemin didn't give me the journal...?