Natural Flirt

To Trouble Thee

Taemin mentally groaned when he saw Dasom sitting on his chair at the student council room. Not only that, but his other friends were gathered at his desk, sharing lunch while observing the room. He hesitantly approached the desk, knowing how much he would be cursed at for avoiding his friends.

It had been nearly a week, and Taemin was busy preparing the spring fair. To make the fair perfect, he had avoided seeing any of his friends, fearing that he might be forced to write the journal in time. It wasn't like he disliked the journal; as a matter of fact, he enjoyed writing it, even though it was a hassle. It was just that with being the student council president (and keeping up with the "perfect couple" image with the vice president) already consumed most of his free time.

Though, of course, his friends eventually found a way to meet him. For days, the student council room had been Taemin's haven. Now, with his friends bombarding into the private room, he had no option to run away.

Dasom looked up from her lunch box, and stared at Taemin for a few minutes. She examined his pale face and the black circles under his eyes. She felt pity for a moment, but remembered her real purpose as Byunghun handed Taemin the journal.

"I had to hold onto it for quite some time. Here, buddy!" Byunghun said, patting Taemin's thin shoulders.

"Sorry. I was busy," Taemin said, taking the journal. He opened it, and read from Byunghun's latest entry, trying to count down what day today would be.

"Busy? You were busy enough to skip six days? I had a lot going on this past six days, and I wasn't able to write it until you finished your journal entry! This can seriously mess up the cycle, Taemin!" Dasom cried out.

"I said I was sorry. Plus, I never agreed to do it. You just pushed it onto me and I reluctantly did as I was told," Taemin pointed out, running his fingers through his hair. "You guys have to give me some time. I'm a busy guy. Plus, with clubs and all these events going around, you have to understand that this journal can't exactly contain each day of our lives."

"He's got a point, Dasom. Recently, I'm been getting busy with basketball," Byunghun agreed.

"Following Hyunwoo is already a handful, but I'm willing to write about him any time and any day!" Jieun exclaimed.

Dasom sighed. "Fine, fine. I guess we can skip a few days, but you absolutely can't neglect the journal for a long period of time, okay?"

The rest muttered in agreement, nodding their heads and changing the subject.

"The cooking club has been busy since they heard about the spring festival. We're holding up a café! You guys are all invited to come and see me work. I'll be working as a waitress and Jieun will be back in the kitchen," Eunji formed them.

"Woah, Jieun can cook?" Taemin asked, widening his eyes.

"I cook for Hyunwoo, and he's very picky with food. We're just making simple cake and serving them with water or juice. Nothing special," Jieun said. "Plus, they said that if I work as a waitress, then I'll run off when I see Hyunwoo."

"Yep! The goal for the cooking club is not to let Jieun see Hyunwoo. She's one of the best, and we really need her," Eunji mentioned.

"Junhee, what's the art club doing?" Taemin asked. "I still haven't gotten a report from them. Are they not participating?"

"Art club? Uh, I'm not too sure. I don't go there much. I only go to see Chan–I mean, I only go to see them paint," Junhee said, looking away. "By the way, the student council isn't doing anything, right?"

"Yep. We usually just there to help out the other clubs," Taemin answered. "We only hold activities in the autumn festival."

"Hm… Well, the book club isn't going to do anything, and most likely, the art club won't do much. So I guess Junhee will be hanging out with me. What are you going to do, Byunghun?" Dasom asked, crossing her arms.

Byunghun looked up at the ceiling. "Let's see… If I remember, they said that we'll be holding some kind of game. It was something related to an impossible basketball challenge. The cheerleaders are also going to help out."

"Are you going to help, though?" she asked.

"I'll be helping out during the second shift. Everyone signed up for the first shift when Naeun was positioned to look over the first shift," he explained slowly.

"Great! Taemin, are you going to join us, too?" Dasom questioned him.

Taemin paused for a few seconds. He hadn't been hanging out with his friends, and he was doing a lot for the spring fair. As he thought that it would be fine to join them for a few minutes, he felt a pair of skinny arms wrap around his waist. He froze for a second, startled from the surprise attack. When he looked behind him, Soojung was staring at him with puppy eyes.

"I wasn't planning on eavesdropping, but I was hoping that Taemin would hang around with me," Soojung said with a small smile. "Will that be okay, Taemin?"

Taemin felt someone glaring at him with utter hatred. He cautiously looked up, knowing that it was Dasom who was giving him an irritated expression. She glowered at him, gritting her teeth, annoyed at how chummy the two looked.

"Of course. You had a girlfriend. Why did I even think of inviting you?" Dasom muttered coldly, looking away.

"Oh… Were you looking forward to him joining you? I didn't really catch that. I'm sorry! Here, you can take Taemin. We can hang out next year," Soojung said, slightly pouting.

Taemin gulped and stared at Dasom, who was envious of his situation. He looked back at Soojung, who secretly gave him a threatening glare. It was obvious that she was trying to tell him to join her instead of his friends. The cornered student slowly looked back at his friends, but his eyes landed on Jieun, who was curiously waiting for his answer. He stared down at Soojung, diverting his attention away from his old crush.

Aw man. Lee Jieun, you're not making this any better for me, he thought.

"Are you okay? You don't look so well. Do you want a kiss, Oppa? " the girlfriend asked, coating her words with a cuteness.

Listening to her pull of a charming behavior, Taemin mentally screamed in horror while widening his eyes. He quickly grabbed ahold of Soojung's wrist, and pulled her closer to the door. Before leaving, he grabbed the journal, making sure that his friends understood that he was going to write his entry soon.

"Sorry, guys. I'm going to go ahead. If I see you around at the spring fair, I'll hang out with you, okay?" Taemin said quickly.

He ran out of the room with Soojung, slamming the door behind him. He gave her an angry look, furious at how she tried to flirt with him in front of his friends. Soojung finally composed herself after he pulled her far away from the student council room. The two arrived at an empty classroom, and just by looking at Taemin's eyes, she knew that he was going to say something annoying. She yawned and flipped her hair while looking away, crossing her arms and shifting her weight to one side.

"What was that?" Taemin asked, almost growling at her.

"What? I just called you what you should be called. You're my boyfriend," Soojung said. "Okay, we might be boyfriend and girlfriend, but do not ever do that again, okay? Especially in front of Dasom. She's been dumped a lot and she hates it when she sees me 'living the life.' Do you understand?" he asked.

Soojung huffed. "Are you sure this is about Dasom? As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't even seem like she was that mad. I mean, she did look pretty mad, but I'm sure that she wasn't angry to that extent."

"You don't understand. This is Dasom we're talking about. She's almost crazy about love." Taemin shuddered. "Please, just don't do that again, okay? It freaks me out."

"Taemin, have you ever liked anyone before? Your reactions seem to confirm that you never had a crush or anything," Soojung said. She looked at her nails for a second, then glanced at Taemin. "Oh wait, I'm wrong, right? According to my information, you were extremely close with Jieun, right?"

Hearing her name, Taemin almost jumped. Nevertheless, he kept calm, trying to put on the same mask he had always worn whenever the conversation was about his old feelings for Jieun.

"We were just friends. Nothing more, nothing less," Taemin responded cooly.

"Unfortunately, I'm not satisfied with that answer, Taemin. I don't think that's true." She approached with him small, simple steps. "Look, Taemin. I know that I'm the one who asked you out, but I'm asking you to do me a favor. You need a good image, which I can provide you, and I need you to make a guy I despise feel dumb. Right now, I can't present you to him. You don't express how much you love me."

"But I never even liked you in the first place–"

"That's why I'm saying to give me a chance! Is it so hard to give this little girl a chance?" she asked, giving him the puppy eyes.

"We don't even need to act charming together. We only need to act like we're dating in front of Myungsoo. Besides, he's your real target, right?" he reminded her.

Soojung sighed, giving up on flirting with him. She flipped her hair in annoyance, then shot him a cold glare.

"I seriously wish that you weren't the top student. 'Taemin is perfect,' they said. 'He's the most wonderful in the world,' they told me. 'He's the type who would do anything for his woman,' they kept saying. Well, you aren't what they told me you were! How disappointing," Soojung complained.

Taemin threw her a glare. "Hey, you're a pretty big disappointment yourself–"

The door opened. The two jumped, surprised at the new guest. They slowly turned around, finding two girls walking in. The girls stopped, gasped, and stared at Taemin and Soojung with wide eyes.

"O-Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Did we get the classroom wrong…?" The first girl looked outside, but realized that they were in the right class.

"Is this room occupied?" the second girl asked bluntly.

Soojung let out a soft laugh. "Ah, no. We were just having a small discussion. We'll leave right away."

"She's such a mature first-year," the first girl whispered to the second girl.

Taemin gave them a gentle smile. "Well, that's why I fell in love with her. She's the definition of perfection."

"Taemin, you don't need to flatter me. As long as you love me, I'm happy with that," Soojung replied.

"A girl deserves to know that she's beautiful every day at any time," Taemin flattered.

"He would say that. He's like Prince Charming!" the second girl squeaked.

Taemin took Soojung's hand, walking her out of the classroom. Before he left, he stopped to turn around, facing the two unknown students.

"If you can, can you please keep this a secret? I don't want any rumors spreading around. It'd be troublesome if someone said that we were alone in an empty classroom," Taemin said. Mainly because the teachers don't allow students to stay in the classroom alone and we would get in trouble for doing so.

However, the girls at other ideas. They blushed and nodded their heads, thinking that Taemin and Soojung were in a forbidden relationship. After confirming that they would keep quiet, Taemin escorted Soojung out of the classroom, holding her tiny hands in his large hands. The two walked away, secretly trying to find a safer place to argue.

The two finally arrived at another empty classroom, and Taemin made sure to guard the door. Soojung stood in front of him again, but she was smirking at him.

"See? I knew you had it in you. You're a natural flirt!" Soojung exclaimed.

No, it's more like I watched Dasom's ex-boyfriends from afar and copied what they said, he thought, tired of acting. "Um, yeah. Anyway, minimize the -up and only come to me when Myungsoo is around."

Though Myungsoo wouldn't really care since he seems to like Dasom. Then again, he can love anyone at any time, so he might still have feelings for Soojung, if he ever had them, Taemin said in his head.

"Fine, I got it. But seriously, hang out with me tomorrow when the spring fair begins. I really need to get to know you," Soojung said.

"Why? Isnt acting enough?" Taemin asked, raising an eyebrow. He slowly opened the door, making sure that Soojung left the room first.

"I need to make you lunch, of course. You haven't been eating much, have you? Whenever I see you eating, you seem to be eating food that Hyunwoo throws at you," Soojung pointed out. She looked back at Taemin, who seemed to have turned red. Surprised, she crept closer to him, examining the new side of him.

"W-What?" he stuttered.

Soojung gasped. "Are you… Could it be that your weakness is care? So if people care for you, you're obligated to let them do what they want?"

"H-Huh? No way! I'm not like a baby," Taemin protested.

She smirked. "Heh. You really are weak against people who baby you. How cute."

"I'm not weak against compliments, Soojung."

"Mhm. Anyway, what do you even like to eat…?"

Soon, Taemin began to reveal Soojung his favorites and dislikes (mostly relating to food). The girlfriend mentally wrote down his favorite dish, figuring out whether she knew how to make them or if she would have to spend extra effort learning the recipe. As Taemin answered Soojung's questions and concerns, he began to think that she was like Jieun, who would go to extreme just to take care of the person she liked. In his head, he thought it was kind of cute for Soojung to try her best to understand what kind of person he was, even though he hardly knew anything about her.

 

Day 16 – Taemin
My girlfriend asked about what I like and dislike to eat. She's a good girl. Tomorrow (Thursday) is the start of the spring fair. Have fun!