Chapter 9

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  -09-

 

It’s been a month and a half since Taeyeon and Tiffany made the promise. They are now back to their normal lives. Taeyeon with the K Corp and Tiffany in her fashion line. They have both been busy but they became busier after the Kim publicly announced the two women's engagement. There were mixed reactions from the public. There were speculations since it was still early for the two to be married. There were rumors that these are all for both families' advantage. There were those that support them. Despite South Korea's view on same marriage they can't do anything since the Kim is a very powerful family and besides they can't deny that the two make a very adorable pair.

 

 

 

A gathering is to be held in the Kim's luxurious hotel. The most important people in politics, business world and almost every area are present.

Taeyeon is inside a private room. Different stylists are taking care of her. Since she is the face and heiress of the Kim she needs to look presentable and of course, beautiful. She's wearing an all-white suit with her hair tied properly. She looks dazzling.

"Taengoo, you will be going down in five minutes, are you ready?" Jiwoong asked. "I am, how about Fany?"

"Hanna's checking up on her. You look incredible, Taengoo. You're so beautifully handsome" Taeyeon giggled at her brother. "What do you mean?"

"I don't really know. I'm speechless"

"Whatever brother. Let's go, I want to see Fany. She's been a nervous wreck since yesterday"

"Who wouldn't be? The elder Kim’s are here. They are like a secret organization in our family"

"Stop exaggerating. They're just wise old folks"

"You know better than that. We are the Main Family but even Umma only saw them after grandpa's death and your birth, just twice. Ordinary family members never meet them"

"They're lucky."

"They will surely observe Fany like it’s their daughter who will get married. You better stick with her, those old guys give me the creeps and I've never meet them!"

 

 

 

Tiffany is walking back and forth, back and forth inside her room. A gathering like this never bothers her. She's been in so many gatherings before may it be formal or not. But what's making her very very nervous is Taeyeon's family. They are not your normal family and all eyes will surely be on her. She doesn't want to bring shame on Taeyeon and of course, she's afraid of the so called elders. The reaction of Taeyeon and Jiwoong when they heard that the elders are coming was a kind of a giveaway. Jiwoong almost peed on his pants and Taeyeon was silent the whole day.

"Fany, calm down." Hanna told her. "I can’t Unnie. Do I look okay?"

"You look fantastic. Anyone will surely drool over you once they lay their eyes on you"

Tiffany looks absolutely stunning on her white gown that fits Taeyeon's suit. Its design is not exaggerating but it looks absolutely incredible, of course Tiffany got the best designers for it.

"Where's Taetae?"

"Oppa told me that they will be here any minute now." Hanna looks so amused seeing a nervous wreck called Tiffany Hwang. The girl is filled with confidence and so it’s a rare sight to see her like this. Of course she's also nervous but she can’t imagine how it feels to be on Tiffany's shoes. Jiwoong already told her about the elders of the Kim Family and she saw extreme fear on Jiwoong's eyes.

Never ever get on their bad side he said, no scratch that never ever get on their sight.

"Fany?" the door opened and Hanna's jaw was so wide upon seeing her sister-in-law. She admits Taeyeon looks so attractive but tonight she looks ravishing.

"Fany?"

Taeyeon approached her nervous fiancée. She was so amazed upon seeing Tiffany. She believed Tiffany cannot be more beautiful than she already is. For her, Tiffany has already reached the limit for beauty, she is the definition of beauty in Kim Taeyeon's dictionary but tonight her fiancée has surpassed the word. Tiffany looks amazingly out of this world beautiful.

Tiffany was not doing well herself. Her world stopped upon seeing her Taetae standing in front of her like a prince charming. They are both staring at each other with tomato red face. "You look so... beautiful" Taeyeon said. "You too, Taetae" Tiffany answered with her signature eye smile which crashed Taeyeon's world more. "Now you two, are you ready?" Jiwoong asked. "Yes, Oppa"

"Good, let's go"

 

 

 

 

 

"Presenting, Ms. Kim Taeyeon and Ms. Tiffany Hwang" Mr. Kim said proudly as the light focused on the couple going down the stairs. Every eye is on them and every mouth open as the two beauties come down. Tiffany was holding on Taeyeon's arm, tightly. Taeyeon pats her hand from time to time. She looks at her side and stifle a laugh. Tiffany is obviously nervous as shown by her very stiff smile.

"I'm here. I'm just beside you"

Taeyeon whispered.

"You look absolutely beautiful. Please don't be nervous. They are here to envy the beauty that you are" Taeyeon said. Tiffany blushed more after that but her smile finally came out as the natural one. They are now in front of everyone. The couple bowed and made their way to the microphone.

"I am extremely honored to stand right in front of everyone tonight. I know how busy you all are and I am so grateful that you all made it here." Taeyeon smiles at all of them and Tiffany swears she saw some women drooling and... Fainted?

"I am Kim Taeyeon and this beauty that is fortunately holding on my arm is my fiancée, Tiffany Hwang. I'm very lucky am I not?"

Laughs, applause and whistles echoed in the hall. Tiffany thought that the speech would end there but she thought wrong when she felt Taeyeon's hand go down to hers and intertwined them. She looks up to see Taeyeon smiling softly at her. She then looks back to their guests.

"She is my best friend and I'm so lucky to have her in my life. She literally saves my life, in so many ways."

Taeyeon then looks back at her with her usual comforting eyes.

"She is my partner in crime, my angel, my life, my everything. Thank you so much, Fany. You did not only give me a second life. You made me complete"

She then moves to hug her, Taeyeon's words, her scent, her body, her hug, her warmth, all of it made Tiffany smile like an idiot and made her happy like there is no tomorrow. "Thank you, Fany" she whispered. Tiffany was speechless. Taeyeon then breaks the hug and surprised her by kissing her forehead.

Everyone was in awe upon seeing the scene. They then made their way around and received congratulatory words from everyone. They moved around with Taeyeon never leaving Tiffany's side. They greeted everyone. The couple was about to move to another table when a man suddenly hold Taeyeon's shoulder. "Ms. Kim"

"Oh, Mr. Cho"

"Would you please accompany me there? I have some people I want you to meet"

"But" She looks at Tiffany. "I'll be fine, go on"

"But I promised I won't leave you"

"Silly, go on. I'll just greet some of them first"

"I'll be fast" and so Taeyeon left. Tiffany sighs. It’s only been a few minutes but she's tired already. She was about to go to the veranda to relax when...

"You look so cute together" a lady around her fifties told her. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter