Chapter 22

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

22

 

 

 

Taeyeon slowly opens her eyes and let's it adjust to the blinding light entering the room where she is. She takes a minute to let her mind wake up. After around a few minutes she immediately sits up and looks around. “Where am I?” She whispered. She let her head rest on her hands as she tries to recall everything that happened before she went unconscious… Wait, she was supposed to be dead!

“What happened?!” She asked. She can't remember a thing… Who saved her?!

“Taengoo”

“O-Oppa”

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

“Miyoung-ah, do you not like the food?” Umma asked me. We are all inside their dining area having breakfast. When I said all, it includes the Kim's, me and my Dad, the elders and also the Parks. It's rather quiet, well except for their voices

“It's not that, Umma. I guess I'm just not that hungry.” She just smiles and nods her head at me. Sigh, I looked at the clock and notice that it's almost late… Is she still asleep?

“Good morning, everyone” Jiwoong-Oppa greeted us with a rather tired smile. He immediately sits beside Unnie who gives him a small smile too. With everything that happened lately I bet everyone's tired. “Soyeon-ssi?” He calls out to the silent woman in front of us. “Yes, Jiwoong-Oppa?”

“Uh…” He turns to look at me for a second before he clears his throat, weird.

“She's asking for you” that stopped the small chattering around us, all our attention focused on what he said. She's asking for someone else? Soyeon-ssi looks around and excuses herself before completely leaving the room. Umma turns to me and smiles, trying to comfort me. “Maybe she's still uncomfortable. She's been with Soyeon-ssi all this time after all” Uncomfortable? How come that sounds foreign to me? She's uncomfortable with her family? With me?

“Is she fine, Oppa?” I asked him. “Yeah, just a little bit tired I guess and a little lost with everything that's going on but she's fine” I nod my head, that's all I've been doing lately, just nodding my head. Around fifteen minutes later I felt rather weird not seeing Soyeon-ssi back and not even a shadow of Taetae around. They are still in the same room, I guess… Okay, that's it.

I stand up and excused myself not caring about whoever was calling me. I made my way to her room. She's my fiancée and it irks me that she asked for someone else right when she woke up instead of me. “Wait… Fiancée…”

 

 

 

 

“Oh, Tiffany-ssi”

Before even Tiffany can enter the room, it opens up revealing Soyeon holding a glass of water. “I was just forcing the kid to have anything since she's not planning to have breakfast”

“I see. I'll handle everything from here” a weird smile formed on Soyeon's face. “Go on” she opens the door wider for Tiffany to enter. She can't help but feel warm seeing the person she's been missing the most, the person she almost lost sitting on the bed with her back facing the door. She wanted to call out to her and hug her immediately but decided against it. Taeyeon looks troubled and she thinks talking it out first is the right step. Tiffany doesn’t know what to do or where to place herself. Taeyeon is still quiet and doesn’t seem to mind her presence. She just decided to sit behind the quiet Taeyeon on her bed. “How are you?” She asked trying to start a conversation however she received no response. “Taeyeon?”

“Fine” the latter answered softly. “T-that’s great”

This is the first time she experienced this awkwardness in all the years of their friendship. Tiffany thinks that Taeyeon’s still mad at her but little does she know that the person sitting in front of her is having a hard time.

 

 

 

                

 

TAEYEON’S POV

 

It’s taking all of me to not turn to her direction and just hug the life out of her. I’ve been missing her like crazy and after all those months that we were separated I just really want to see her face but I can’t. This insecurity I felt when she saved me is back again especially after all that happened these past few days and after everything Oppa told me.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Oppa what happened?” Jiwoong breaks the hug between him and his sister he missed dearly. “Yah, we haven’t seen each other in a very long time and that’s the first thing you’ll tell me?”

“Oppa…” he can see confusion in Taeyeon’s eyes. He sighed deeply. “I’m not really sure about what happened. After you ran away from the Park’s car we were cut off. Tiffany just stormed out to look for you though we knew that we don’t have enough time. We were in the dark with no news from any of you and next thing we know the Park’s came in the hotel with an unconscious you and Miyoung”

“W-who saved me then?”

“I think it’s best if you ask them that yourself” Taeyeon looked down. ‘So there’s a possibility that Soyeon-ah…’

“Miyoung did her best though.” Taeyeon looks up at her older brother. “I know you might be mad at her. We were all surprised when she said those words to Soyeon-ssi but try to put yourself on her shoes. She lost you once, we lost you once Taengoo. We can’t lose you again”

“Oppa…”

“She fought for you. When everyone believed that you were dead she was still waiting. When we made that funeral for you” Jiwoong coughed trying to hold back his tears.

“She did not attend. She still believed that you were alive. She even threw a fit when she learned about our plan.” Taeyeon holds her brother’s hands. “When she said those words she was crying and we all know she was dying. To wait for one person then to just learn that you can’t keep them, it hurts. She ran out that night. We don’t know what happened between the three of you but she came back injured”

“W-what?”

“She has that big wound on her leg. The doctor who checked her advised for her stay in the hospital but she insisted on staying here with you. You know how stubborn that pink princess is.” Jiwoong pats Taeyeon’s head. “Make up with her. Whatever happened don’t lose her.”

“I…”

“You’ve been through enough don’t you think?”

 

 

 

 

“Do you want to eat anything? I –I can prepare something for you” When there was still no response from Taeyeon, Tiffany just decided to make something or at least try. She was about to get off the bed when she felt that soft and warm hand wrap around hers. Taeyeon was not looking at her however having that hand she missed the most wrapped on her skin she felt weak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter