Chapter 13

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-13-

 

 

 

I'll text you once the meeting ends. Let's have dinner together after.

                                                     -Fany<3             

 

Taeyeon rests her head on her seats headrest. It’s been a long day and she looks forward to having dinner with Tiffany. It's been almost three months. Time flies so fast and it’s near Tiffany's birthday. What should she give her? For a girl who has everything, finding a gift is crazy. She looks back on her table. She's been looking through bunch of magazines for an idea but still found nothing.

She stands up to take a small break when a magazine falls on the floor. It opened at a certain page.

             Rings... Or engagement rings precisely.

They are engaged but only in public eyes and their family. Tiffany is a romantic person and she feels like she failed one of Tiffany's dream, a very romantic wedding and of course also a much more proper engagement for the girl, together with an engagement ring. She looks at the clock, she still has time.

 

 

 

“Miss Kim, here are our most precious engagement rings. We serve you only the best and nothing but the best.” the jewelry lady said.

Taeyeon is inside the top jewelry store in Korea, she wants a perfect engagement ring for a perfect girl. She still can't find the perfect one though despite of looking for almost an hour and a half. She wants to give up already when she caught sight of a paper, a poster. “Make my own ring?”

“Oh, that. Not precisely Ms. Kim, we wouldn't want to trouble our customers, would we? You can pick the jewelries. If you want ruby, jade diamonds, what kind of cuts, gold, silver you can choose and even make your own design and we will handle everything.”

“How long will it take?”

“A month. But we can rush it for you, Ms. Kim”

“No, a month is enough. I just want it to be made perfectly. I will ask my secretary to give you my design tomorrow”

“Sure, Ms. Kim”

 

 

 

 

“Hmm”

Taeyeon parked her car near the Han River. She feels so calm this midafternoon. Having no schedules, no meetings to attend to and no problems to worry about, everything is just perfect. She looks at the far distance and stretched her hand, I can reach the sky, she thought. She smiled and closed her eyes. Everything is perfect and tonight she will see the angel who made everything in her life so perfect, her very very own angel, Tiffany Hwang.

“Fany...” she whispered and touched her chest, her mark. She stands up and about to take a walk when her phone rings, 

Tiffany

“Fany?”

“Taetae~” Tiffany's whiny voice came through and Taeyeon fought the urge to giggle. “What is it, Miyoungie?”

“Fetch me”

“You sound like a kid asking her parent to take her away from school on the first day”

“Shut up. I want to get out from here. We are having a meeting later and I bet those shareholders will just get on my nerves. As if they know everything about fashion” Taeyeon continued listening as Tiffany rumbled and whined about the so called ‘Annoying-old-party-poopers-slash-fashion-terrorists’. It took about half an hour and she swears she heard Tiffany's secretary call out to the whiny princess a few times for the meeting but the latter dismissed it.

“Fany, Tiffany, Miyoung, Yah!”

“What?!”

“As much as I love listening to your stories about how that certain shareholder tried to talk you out of your love of pink, which is quite hilarious, your secretary might be sweating bullets right now. You need to go to that meeting and don't use talking to me as an excuse, Ms. Hwang”

“But-”

“Fany”

“Fine. Jeez”

“I'll be there when you get out of that meeting and we'll have that dinner, okay? Now go to work, Miyoung.”

“Okay, I'll see you. Be here, okay?”

“I will”

Taeyeon hangs up the phone with a wider smile on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, how did the meeting go?” Tiffany's sour mood turned bright in an instant after seeing the person sitting on the couch in her office. “The same as usual”

“Well, you don't seem grumpy to me though”

“Why would I be?” After seeing you here

“Was just expecting it. Come on, I'm hungry” Taeyeon offered her hand which Tiffany accepted happily. “Wait, my coat!” Tiffany tried to let go but Taeyeon did not let her. While holding Tiffany's hand she makes her way to Tiffany's chair and grabs her coat and her shoulder bag. “Come on” And Tiffany was all smiles because of that.

 

 

 

 

“What do you want to do for your birthday this year, Fany?”

“...”

“Fany?”

Tiffany is looking shyly at her. Taeyeon raised her eyebrow at that and stops eating. She puts her eating utensils down and looks at Tiffany. She leans on her chair. “Come on, Fany. What is it?”

“I... I uh...”

“Fany, tell me.”

“It's nothing”

“No, it's not. Just tell me”

“Can we... Just spend it together?”

“N-no party?” she was actually surprised but held it in. Tiffany blushingly and shyly shakes her head. Taeyeon drinks from her glass of wine. “S-sure. It is your birthday. But, can I ask why?”

“Remember last year? When you came to my birthday despite your condition?”

“Yeah”

“I spent just two hours of my birthday with you but it felt like a whole day, month even. I kind of realized that I didn't care for the others that were in my house that day, even our friends. All I cared about was ‘Taetae is here’. That was the only thing running to my mind”

“Fany I will still be in your party. We can still have one and I will stick with you”

“I just want a quiet celebration. Eat with our family and close friends and spend the remaining day with you”

“Our family?”

“Y-yeah. I consider your family mine... You consider Dad as one too, right? W-we are getting married after all. I mean, it's okay to call them as ours, I mean we will be-” Tiffany's rambling was cut off by Taeyeon's soft giggles. “What?”

“Fany... I consider your family my family too. I don't mind” she said smiling softly. “A whole day with the great Kim Taeyeon. Who wouldn't want that for a gift?”

“Yah! Way to ruin it”

“Thank you, Fany. Don't worry; I will make it better than any party”

 

 

 

 

“Hmm” Taeyeon is in front of a sketch pad, holding a pencil and is raking her brain for any idea, any design for the ring. “Fany's a whole lot better at this than me, ugh! Should have thought of that before deciding on this stupid idea. Make my own design, yeah right. Says the girl who made her best friend draw all her art projects because she at making even a tiny stick figure” she sighed for the nth time and leans on her chair. “Should I ask Fany? Ugh, that's an even stupider idea!” She tries again but even making a circle w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter