Chapter 18

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-18-

 

It’s been weeks since Taeyeon’s gone missing. The public believes that Taeyeon is indeed dead and her body was washed away by the sea. The Kim’s are at a loss. All the family members including the elders are doing everything in their power to look for Taeyeon, or at least her body. They still don’t want to believe that she’s gone but after weeks of no results some of them are giving up.

If everyone is at loss, Tiffany’s almost crazy. She never sleeps most of the time and is even checking the search. She also joins it from time to time. When it’s already night, she locks herself in her room or stays at Taeyeon’s room most of the time. The Kim’s are really worried about her since they can hear her cries very clear every night she stays at Taeyeon’s room. Their friends tries to be strong for her and even asks her to go out but she will reject them immediately. They thought that the Tiffany they saw when Taeyeon was missing before was worst but this is a lot worse than that. She doesn’t eat much, doesn’t sleep much and doesn’t talk much. No one can reach her. Everyone is still devastated and since Taeyeon’s disappearance everyone tears up at least once a day.

Siwon and Nana have gone missing since that night. Jiwoong went to the HO main office in Seoul to check if the Siwon Tiffany talks about really is the Siwon he knows but he never saw the guy. The people from his office told Jiwoong that their boss left because of an important thing that needed to be handled in Thailand. Even his assistant, Nana, cannot be reached. Tiffany is beyond mad and angry at them. She even made a statement one time that she will kill them once she sees even their shadow but the others just let it go since she’s pretty much not in her right mind at the moment. She wanted to press charges against them but she can’t because they don’t have any evidence against the two and bringing it in public will endanger the Kim family because of their secret, the curse.

Tiffany spent her birthday in Taeyeon’s room, wearing one of Taeyeon’s favorite shirt and wrapped in Taeyeon’s blanket and just crying her heart out the whole day. She keeps on calling Taeyeon hoping for the latter to just appear in front of her and tell her that everything is just a nightmare… but she never appeared and Tiffany has no choice but to wake up to the harsh reality.

After about a month of fruitless search, the police stopped it and already concluded that indeed Kim Taeyeon is dead. The public grieved with the family and her loved ones. The gang cannot believe it and Tiffany can’t handle it. The Kim family made the hard decision of preparing for Taeyeon’s funeral. Tiffany went berserk because of that. She still believes that Taeyeon is alive so she wanted to see no funeral for her missing fiancée. She wanted to make her own search party but her Dad stopped her. He thought that it will only be harder for Tiffany to move on if she will continue with her plans.

A few weeks after Tiffany’s birthday, a funeral was held for Taeyeon. Almost every member of the Kim Family came to mourn for the death of their young head. Her friends were all present and every loved ones was there, everyone except Tiffany. She refused to go. She spent the day on the cliff Taeyeon brought her to during her birthday. This has become her favorite place and sanctuary. She can feel Taeyeon in that place and she felt calm and safe.

 

 

 

“Miyoung, I’m going to California next week. Would you like to accompany me? I know how much you miss Cali” Tiffany’s Dad said as he put his newspaper down. They were having breakfast but Tiffany’s just playing with her food. “Miyoung? Tiffany?”

“Oh, sorry Dad. I’m fine here”

“Are you sure? You always look happy whenever Cali is mentioned”

“Mmm”

“Miyoung” he sighed and looks at his daughter. He can barely recognize Tiffany anymore. She looks very different form her bubbly and cheerful princess. “I’m really fine here Dad.”

“Do you want me to ask Sooyeon to accompany you?”

“No, I’ll be fine on my own. Besides they’re really busy. They’re on their final year so I don’t want to disturb them”

“I see. Would you like to go somewhere then?”

“No”

“Oh, how about shopping?”

“I’ve got plenty of new clothes” Her Dad’s eyes went very wide upon hearing that. Tiffany never refuses shopping. “Haha Taeyeon-ah wouldn’t- ah, I mean…” Everyone tries to be careful not to say that name because Tiffany becomes sensitive every time a topic about her is opened up.

“She wouldn’t believe it huh? Do you think she’ll like it if I become less shopaholic? She always whine whenever we go shopping and I always have to buy ice cream for that kid” Tiffany giggled. Mr. Hwang would have found that giggle very cute but with everything that happened and is happening, it pains him in the heart hearing Tiffany talk like Taeyeon is still around and even giggles like that. “Miyoung-ah”

“Will she still like me if I change?” Her eyes looked pleading and lost. “Miyoung-ah, that girl loves you just the way you are. You know that right? You can max out every card our family has and she will even give you hers. You can be as poor as a rat and she will still join you in the street.”

“Then where is she? Why is she not here with me?” Tiffany is now crying and Mr. Hwang felt extreme pain because of that. They are all still hurting but they all know that Tiffany feels it the most. The two were basically inseparable and having lost one of them the other is lost. He stands up and hugs Tiffany. His daughter clings on his arm like there’s no tomorrow while crying her heart out. “She’s in a better place”

“But I’m not. I will never be better without her, Dad.”

“Shh. It’s gonna be okay my child”

“I want her back”

“We all do, Miyoung. We all do”

They were separated when the doorbell rang. The maid opened it and were greeted by a couple of police officers.

 

 

“Good morning, Mr. Hwang, Ms. Hwang”

“Good morning officers how may we help you?” Mr. Hwang asked. “We just came from the Kim’s to give our condolences and we figured we’d go here as well since you are basically a family of Ms. Kim” they offered a faint smile to Tiffany. “Thank you. We indeed are”

“We would just like you to know that we did all our best to find her. It’s just the sea is so vast and given the condition of the weather that time we-”

“It’s okay officer. We understand” the officers looked at each other. “We also came here for Ms. Hwang” one of the officer said as she looks at Tiffany. Tiffany finally looks at them. “I understand how you feel right now. I lost my husband because of an encounter and till now I still can’t get over it” she said and offered a warm smile to the young woman whose eyes are still puffy and red. “We also… we found these during the search in her car. It was well… a wreck but we still managed to save some of her things. This is her phone” she hands a phone wrapped in plastic to Tiffany. “We wanted to give this to her family but they said that maybe you should keep it. There might be some uh… memories there between the two of you” Tiffany accepts it and tries her best to keep her tears at bay. “And also…” the woman sighed and takes out a much smaller object, a ring. “W-what…”

“I believe this is yours…well supposed to be yours.” Tiffany’s final wall broke down because of that small object being handed to her. She cried.

“Taetae” she whispered. “Her secretary told us that it is indeed yours. Ms. Kim personally designed it for your birthday, she said.” They looked apologetic to her. “Well, we have already don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter