Chapter 14

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-14-

 

 

“She what and you what?!”

A high pitched voice resounded inside a slightly pinkish office.

“Are you crazy?! She confessed to you!”

“I don’t know, okay? It... It felt so unreal; she didn’t even say I love you. It was like she was just asking me to be her girlfriend because she felt like she had to!”

“Then you should have told her”

“I can’t do that”

“She will ask you again and you can’t pretend to fall asleep again!”

“I’ll think of a way out”

“You will only reject her… and hurt her”

 

 

 

Taeyeon slowly makes her way to Tiffany’s office. She’s carrying Tiffany’s favorite flowers and a huge smile is on her face.

“She will ask you again and you can’t pretend to fall asleep again!”

“I’ll think of a way out”

“You will only reject her… and hurt her”

She stopped walking and listens.

“Then what should I do?”

“Just tell her that you don’t want it, easy”

“I can’t do that! Hey Taetae I’m sorry but I don’t want to be your girlfriend-”

 

 

 

“ -friend unless you tell me that you love me love me. That will sound so desperate!”

“Well aren’t you?”

“Jessi!”

“What? If you weren’t knocked from work and your little ’Oh my gosh she asked me world’ you would have said yes”

“Jess such help you are”

“Come on, Tiff. We all know how timid Taeyeon is when it comes to relationships. She only had one girl friend, right?”

“I know that, I’m her best friend remember?! And you don’t have to remind me about that bi-”

“Ok let’s not go on to that topic. But seriously Tiff, just say yes. It won’t affect anything anyway. You will still be the same. You at least act like lovers anyway”

“sigh~ okay. I will say yes when she asks me again”

 

 

 

 

 

A quiet figure is sitting by the edge of a cliff watching the peaceful afternoon sky. She just stares into it not minding the slow transition from the afternoon’s calmness to the night’s chilly temperature. She is lost in her own thoughts and keeps on going back on her memory lane towards a particular conversation she just eavesdropped from and wished never did. She sighed once again as her back rests on the grass. What should she do? She thought. She can’t face Tiffany after hearing that without being hurt. Everything is such a mess for her right now. Just those simple words crashed everything between them. She closed her eyes but opened it immediately when she felt the buzzing of her phone just beside her.

Fany<3

This is harder than she thought.

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s not answering” Tiffany told Jessica.

“Maybe she’s in a meeting”

“No. She always tells me whenever she’s in one”

“A sudden meeting? That happens you know”

“But she-”

“She’s just busy. Stop overthinking, jeez. Let’s just have lunch. Yuri’s coming along too”

“I thought she has class? “

“Does it matter? I called her”

“Yah Jessi”

“What? Her professor left early, okay?”

“Fine. I’ll just leave her a message. She might follow after whatever she’s doing”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taengoo?”

“Umma? Why are you still up? It’s late”

“I was just planning to get some water. How about you? Why come home this late? Miyoung came earlier asking where you were. She said you weren’t in your office and you weren’t answering her calls. She was worried sick”

“I’ll call her first thing tomorrow. I just went somewhere to take care of something”

“Why not just see her? You tow live next door to each other”

“I… I will, Umma”

“Oh be sure to do that. Get some rest Taengoo, good night”

“Good night, Umma”

Taeyeon walks up to her room. She’s lucky her mother didn’t smell the alcohol scent all over her body. Damn, wrong club she thought. She still reeks of alcohol because of those drunken people. She weren’t even able to sip even one drink when she entered that foul smelling drunk all over club. She immediately lies on her bed and looked at the ceiling. She closed her eyes, wanting to just relax it when she unconsciously fell asleep.

 

 

 

“You weren’t answering my calls yesterday and I was worried sick. Your secretary said you left early and Umma said you came home very late. Where were you?” Tiffany’s voice and words were the first things that greeted her as soon as her landed on her chair in their dining room. Their maid served her food and she immediately ate it without answering her waiting fiancée.

“You look like you haven’t eaten at all yesterday and... Is that alcohol? Were you drinking?! Who were you with?!”

 “Fany, please lower your voice”

“Then answer me”

“I just went somewhere. And I was alone. I’m not drunk and I was so busy to eat” Tiffany frowned. “Why didn’t you tell me? Or called me? I was worried sick, Taeyeon-ah”

“It wasn’t important. Sorry”

“Is there something wrong? You look so down”

“I’m fine”

Taeyeon made a faint smile.

“You will be late for work, Fany.”

“Taetae”

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been a week and Tiffany feels weird. Taeyeon’s been extremely busy and barely has time for her. Work, work, work that’s her reasons. She believes her though. Taeyeon can’t cheat on her she will feel it if the latter does. She was waiting though, waiting for Taeyeon to ask the question again but it didn’t come.

She was so lost in her thoughts when her secretary knocked.

“Ms. Hwang the HO Group’s representative is here.”

“Oh please let them in” Tiffany straightens her shirt and made herself look presentable for her next client. A possible partnership with the HO Group will make them expand in Thailand and she’s looking forward to it.

“Hello”

A good looking man around her age in a suit enters followed by a beautiful woman.

“Mr. Choi?”

“Yes Choi Siwon, Ms. Hwang”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you”

“The pleasure is mine. This is my secretary Im Jin Ah”

“Please call me Nana, Ms. Hwang”

“Please sit down” Tiffany said showing them her famous eye smile.

“It’s a very nice office” the man said. “Suiting a very beautiful woman such as you”

“Thank you” Tiffany said feeling flattered. “You have read HO Group’s proposal, am I right?”

“Yes I have. It was very nice even my father wanted to accept it immediately after reading it”

“That’s good to hear”

They talked about business first but it slowly became less formal as they all felt comfortable with each other. After all they will be working together someday.

The guests were about to leave and Tiffany is walking them to the main exit. “Ms. Hwang I heard you’re engaged to K Corporation’s heiress” Nana said. “Ah yes” Tiffany said blushing. “You areso lucky”

“Indeed, I am”

“Why not just ask her help to expand in Thailand, not just in Thailand you can even go to the West”

“Oh, Taeyeon and I wanted to keep our relationship separate from work”

“I see. I would like to meet her someday though” Siwon said. “She’s very busy these days but who knows maybe someday”

“I will be looking forward to that” Siwon said. “Me too” Tiffany noticed a smirk on Nana’s face and she felt weird about that. “Please take care, Ms. Hwang” she told the red head. “Thank you Ms. Im”

Nana moved to hug Tiffany which surprised the latter. “Send my regards to Ms. Kim Taeyeon” she whispered.

“Wha-”

But before Tiffany can ask the two already left.

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure this plan of yours would work?” Siwon asked. “Of course. We just need that pink girl to fall for you then Taeyeon will let her go and I will take her away” “Isn’t it too simple?”

“It’s not. Just make sure that the cure will work”

“Come on you saw it yourself. We tested it on 10 Kim’s and they worked”

“I just can’t wait till she becomes mine. She WAS mine till that pink lady came in the scene”

“Why do you keep on calling her pink lady?”

“Because her real name irks me so much”

 

 

 

 

 

“So how did the confession go?” Jiwoong asked as he sits in front of the quiet Taeyeon in her office. Taeyeon gave out a faint smile. “It was a silly idea just like you said”

“Why? Did... did Tiffany reject?”

“... not really”

“Then what? You look gloomy”

“I don’t really know. You’re right, things are better off this way. We are engaged after all no need for such things”

“Hey, Taengoo, what happened?”

“It’s nothing, Oppa.”

I just want to keep my end of the bargain.

 

 

 

 

“Hmm... Taengoo sure is late. Fany, call your fiancée will you?” Sunny told the girl in front of her.

The gang was all free that evening so they all agreed to have dinner together. But Taeyeon is late.

“I tried but she’s not answering. I’m getting worried” Tiffany said as she tries to dial again. But like her earlier effort they all went futile. “Do you want me to try?” Yuri asked. “Yah! Why will she answer your call and not Fany’s?” Hyoyeon asked after smacking Yuri’s arm. “Sorry guys, Taetae’s been pretty busy lately”

“Nah, we understand”

They all continued chatting when the door opens revealing a tired looking Taeyeon. “Sorry guys. Had some problems to attend to” Taeyeon said as she settles on the chair beside Tiffany. “You should have just rested Taetae. You weren’t answering my calls too”

“Been busy”

Everyone noticed the subtle distance between the ’couple’. Even though Taeyeon still takes care of Tiffany’s needs like cutting the meat for her, filling her drink and putting foods on her plate, Taeyeon does not feel like Taeyeon that night. She’s not her dorky self either. She will only respond when asked and does not talk that much. She also looked at Tiffany a few times and only nods her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter