Chapter 23

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

23

 

"You can just tell them that I'm back you know. No more need to go all surprise thingy with them"

Taeyeon and Tiffany are now inside Taeyeon's room just hanging out and spending some time together. They wanted to go out but the doctor of the Kim prohibited them from doing so unless they both want to spend at least a day in the hospital especially because of their physical condition. They just chose to spend it inside Taeyeon's room instead with Tiffany occupying the bed while thinking about how to surprise their friends.

"It's no fun like that" Tiffany whined as she scan through her phone. Taeyeon turns her chair to Tiffany's direction taking her attention off her laptop for a while.

"Sigh~ okay do whatever you want"

Tiffany tosses her phone somewhere on the bed and looks at Taeyeon.

"Do you wanna go on a trip?"

"What trip? We always go on a trip"

"I don't know, for Christmas? Just the two of us?"

"J-just the two of u-us?"

"Haha why are you stuttering like that?! Yeah, let's go somewhere just the two of us. We always go on a trip with our family so how about we go alone this time? I'm sure they'll let us"

"Why do you want to go on a trip anyway? We've got so much to handle here"

"I just… Just you know… Ugh! Why do you have to ask something like that?" Tiffany asked while obviously blushing. "What do you mean? I'm just curious"

"You're so dense sometimes" Tiffany whispered. Taeyeon smiles at her. She knows why but she just missed teasing her mushroom.

"Okay, let's go on that trip after everything is settled" She then leaves her chair and sits beside her sulking princess. "Stop sulking like that Miyoung. It doesn't suit you"

"I'm not sulking"

"You are"

"I'm just thinking" Taeyeon noticed the serious atmosphere around them.

 

 


 

Taeyeon's POV

 

 

"What's wrong?"

We were just messing around. Did I say something I shouldn't?

She turned to me with a rather serious and solemn expression. She then adjusts herself to be in a sitting position like me. By now we are both sitting against the headboard of my bed. I also notice that she keeps on touching the ring that I gave her.

What's happening?

"Fany, you can tell me anything and everything that's in your mind. Before I became your fiancée I was and still am your best friend. You can tell me anything" I urged her. She looks into my eyes and this time I can see sadness and fear?

"I almost lost you three times" she whispered. "I don't know what to do if that happens again and if that time I can't do anything" tears are already forming in the corner of her eyes.

I realized that I put her through so much. So much has happened between us and I almost lost my life three times.

"Fany, I promised you that I wouldn't leave you"

"I know but I'm still afraid Tae. When I saw you on that hospital bed I thought that was the saddest memory I have aside from Mom's death. I thought that would be the greatest challenge of my life and then that accident happened."

She's crying this time and all I could do was hug her.

"They thought you were dead… I didn't want to give up but it was hard when all the people around me was grieving. I wanted to follow you"

I tighten my hug around her.

"I wanted to wake up from that nightmare with you smiling at me and telling me it was all just a bad dream. That you are still by my side and that we will always be together."

"I am still by your side, Fany"

She shakes her head and puts her arms around me.

"You almost left my side and it was because of my stupidity. I thought that maybe I will be fine with just seeing you. To just have you around me alive and being your dorky self. But then I saw the ring you designed for me. I remember still seeing a tiny blood on it when they gave it to me and I realized that you must have been holding on to it during the accident. You were still holding on to us. And there I was throwing it all away without even giving a fight"

She softly push me and breaks our hug. She holds my hand pressing it softly, her eyes not looking at me.

"I also cannot live seeing you with someone else. I don't want to lose you in any way. We may not have started with any romantic feelings but…"

She looks so cute being all red like this.

"I… We… I uh…"

"When I was a kid there was this annoying little kid who moved in our neighborhood, just beside ours" I decided to cut her off. She looks at me with her confused eyes but I just continued.

"She can't speak Korean that much and she was still obviously an American girl. She was always alone at school and I thought she was saving up her energy because she was so bubbly at their home. I knew because our parents became close friends and our families were always together but never the two of us. Her overflowing energy is just not my type of friend"

I felt a pinch on my side but ignored it.

"But then one day I saw her being bullied I wanted to ignore her but she looks at me with those eyes. Eyes different from what I usually see and I missed her smile. I came in to her rescue and when she showed me that smile after I helped her, I realized kicking those bullies' and receiving bruises and scolding here and there were all worth it. That smile was all worth it. She became my princess and I willingly became her knight. It doesn't matter where or when if she needs my help I will run as fast as I could to her side. I made sure that no one can take away that smile that I love. I always thought it was just the smile. I thought I just loved her smile. But I was wrong"

She looks at me and I can't help but smile. I can't believe that I'll be doing it here, on my bed with both of us injured. I've been preparing for something special all this time but look at us.

"It was never the smile that captivated me. It was always you. It has always been you, princess. The way you light up my world even with your whining. The way I find it cute whenever you have difficulty in saying a word. The way you sulk whenever I don't do what you want or when I have to leave your side. I love it whenever I hear your loud voice no matter how far we are from each other. I don't like to see you cry but it makes me happy that it is I who can make you smile. I love how confident you are at the outside but then crumbles in fear in the inside but you only show that vulnerability in front of me. I love how bad you are with kids but still care for them from afar"

"Yah! You're just saying all bad things about me!"

"But I love all of those. I fell for your imperfections long before I saw your perfection."

I love the twinkle th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter