Chapter 10

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    -10-    

Taeyeon and Tiffany knocked in front of the VIP Suite. All the guests have gone home and the gathering went perfectly well. But the main objective for the night has to be done, to meet the elders.

"Taetae"

"Don't be nervous, I'm here."

The door opened revealing Taeyeon’s dad. He hugged the two girls before ushering them to the living room. On the couch was the old man from earlier, still holding on to his cane. "Good evening" Taeyeon and Tiffany greeted. The old man looked up to them with a smile. "Good evening, Lady Taeyeon and Miss Hwang. My name is Junsu, Kim Junsu. I am one of the ten elders of the council of the Kim Family. I apologize if the others cannot come they are not fond of transportation" Taeyeon looks around. She saw her Oppa and Unnie not far from them together with her Appa and Umma. There are three more people, two ladies and a man.

"Good evening, Lady Taeyeon. I'm Kim Sungho, a member of the council too. Yes, not all members are old despite being elders. I am just in my fifties." He smiled at them but frown at Tiffany. Taeyeon immediately holds her hand. "Good evening, I believe we have met." They were surprised to see the lady from earlier. "I am a member of the council too. I am Kim Hyori. Despite the first impression which I assume was not nice I am hoping we could look beyond that. After all we will be seeing each other more often since you are the next head"

She has an annoying smirk in her face and Taeyeon hates that. She's not fond of her.

"Good evening, Lady Taeyeon, Lady Tiffany. I am Kim Goori, you both look good together. I am the youngest of the council. It must come as a shock to everyone why the elders are not exactly old. We are the next generation members of the council. My father is the fifth member of the council and is the fifth oldest. He is a part of the main council consisting of five while we are the so called council members in training. But please do not worry. We may be young and in training but we would not be in our position if we are not worthy." She looks at Tiffany. "Lady Tiffany, have they explained who the council of elders is?" she asked with a smile. Tiffany answered with a nod. "Good, it saves us time then" Sungho said. "Oppa. I'm sorry for his rude behavior. May I know how much they have told you?" Goori asked. "I was told that the council goes way back in history. They are a group of ten people who are knowledgeable and educated regarding the history and well, almost everything about the Kim Family. They look after the main family and the other members of the Kim. They make sure that the secret of the family does not go out in order to protect everyone"

"That is generally our purpose but we want you to know more about us now that you are a part of us. Our duty to the main family is mostly within the context of our tradition. Do you know why it is Taeyeon who is chosen as the heiress of the Kim Family instead of Jiwoong-ssi?" Junsu asked. "Because oppa doesn't want to"

"No, being the next heir or heiress of the family does not depend on your want. It depends on your mark and of course, being in the main family." Hyori said. "We choose who will lead the family based on our tradition and history. You see, leading the main family does not mean leading this family and the business empire alone. Being the head also means guiding every member of the Kim. You see, when your life is on the line you are willing to do everything just to save it" she looks at Jiwoong who is looking down. "We want to avoid commotion and of course, desperate members. We keep everything at bay and the head is expected to keep the peace within the family. Lady Taeyeon here was chosen because of her mark. She has the key mark. I hope you know the history of that mark?" Tiffany nods her head. "Great things are expected from her." Hyori goes to Taeyeon. "It's just a pity you mark is in front of your heart. One mistake by your partner and great damage will be done to you." she then looks at Tiffany. "Especially if she doesn't really love you" she said with a smirk. Tiffany was about to speak when Taeyeon stopped her. "Don’t" she whispered. "Unnie" Goori said. "I'm sorry" she said apologetically. "We don’t want to beat around the bush, so let’s get straight to the point yeah? We are not here to bless your union. We are here to give a warning" Junsu said. "We were disappointed when the main family rejected our offer to help the heiress"

"Help?" Tiffany asked.

"We are aware of your preference so we overlooked that matter, after all you are an important case, an exception." he then looks at Tiffany briefly. "We were planning to come in if you will not be saved. We have arranged for someone to save you" Tiffany looks at Taeyeon. "Miss Hwang, we have said that we are here to guide the main family. We do not interfere in their decisions but we will make a move if we have to. In this case, saving Kim Taeyeon was of high priority. If she has not found her fated one, we will give her one."

"You mean... If Taeyeon and I did not make the promise..."

"She will do it with someone else"

"Even if she doesn’t know that person?"

"We need to save her."

"You were against me because you claimed I do not love Taeyeon but you were planning to make a stranger be with her?" she asked Hyori. "We won’t choose just someone." Hyori said. "We will pick someone we deem right for the position"

"Though they don’t really like each other?"

"We will make sure they do. Our main priority is to have someone who will not cheat on her"

"Unnie" Goori tries to stop Hyori from having a fight with Tiffany, they are not here for that.

"And you think I will?"

"You may not but if you find someone else, little Taetae will give up her life for you, am I not right Lady Taeyeon?" Taeyeon was just quiet. "And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter