The Broken Promise Revealed, Not a Big Deal

Typical Spies

Minho snuck around the agency while his father was busy in a meeting. He managed to get past security on the third floor before they caught him trying to open a door in a highly restricted area. He pouted as they carried him down two floors and slammed the doors. He sighed and saw Jinki walking up from the garage.

    "Jinki-ah!" Minho called.

Jinki flinched and looked up, Minho could see something was bothering him.

    "Why did you flinch?" Minho asked.

    "Flinch? Me? Do you know who you're talking too, Min?" Jinki laughed, confidently.

Minho rose an eyebrow, looking skeptical about the excuse given. Jinki lost his composure and sighed.

    "I didn't catch the hacker." Jinki said softly.

Minho's eyes widened and he dragged Jinki into a janitors closet.

    "Did they get the information!?" Minho exclaimed, shaking Jinki.

    "No!" Jinki said.

Minho frowned and opened the door, pushing Jinki out.

    "I don't see why you're so upset about it." Minho scoffed.

    "Because I broke my promise." Jinki said, laying on the floor.

Minho looked up at the meeting room and saw the meeting was over. He decided to help Jinki by torturing him a bit.

    "Oh right, the promise you made to my father. You broke it, isn't that a shame. I liked having you as my brother." Minho said.

Jinki looked up at him, and Minho realized this was going to be fun.

    "I guess I have to tell my father now. He'll have your memory erased and put you in the streets." Minho played, taking two steps forward.

    "Minho, no!" Jinki exclaimed, jumping to his feet.

    "Too late!" Minho exclaimed, running towards his father's office.

Jinki took off after the boy, his heart pounding with fear.

    "Don't do it, Minho!" Jinki pleaded.

Minho couldn't help but laugh to himself. Minho ran into his father's office, out of breath. Donghae looked concerned but was even more confused when Jinki tackled Minho.

    "What?" Donghae asked, raising an eyebrow.

Minho and Jinki started talking at the same time, slowly eating at Donghae's patience.

    "Jinki, get off of Minho. Minho, stop laughing. Both of you, sit down." Donghae said, calmly.

The boy did what they'd were told. Jinki got off of Minho, Minho stop laughing and they sat down in the chairs their father had in the office.

    "Now, what's the issue?" Donghae asked.

    "I'm so sorry, Appa. I broke my promise." Jinki said, looking at the ground.

Donghae sat up in his chair and looked at Minho for help. Minho shurgged and Donghae looked back at Jinki.

    "It's ok?" Donghae said, hoping it was the right answer.

    "No, it's not! I broke my promise of catching every hacker I was assigned! I'm not worthy of being here anymore!" Jinki exclaimed.

    "Jinki, you let a hacker get away?" Donghae asked.

    "Yes." Jinki said.

    "Did they get the information?"

    "No."

Donghae chuckled and Jinki looked a little hurt.

    "Oh Jinki. It doesn't matter to me if you keep your promise or not. All that matters to me is that you're safe." Donghae said.

Jinki looked at Donghae a bit confused.

    "Your promise is pretty big anyway, you were bound to let one slip, but I know you'll get them next time." Donghae said.

    "You're not going to erase my memory and put me on the streets?" Jinki asked.

Donghae looked surprised by the question.

    "Erase your memory? Put you in the streets? Where did you get an idea like that?" Donghae asked.

Jinki pointed at Minho and Donghae finally understood.

    "Ah, I should've known. Jinki, you're old enough to not believe what Minho says." Donghae said.

    "It's kind of hard to since he's the boss's son." Jinki muttered.

    "What?! Lee Jinki, look at me." Donghae exclaimed.

Jinki looked directly at Donghae and Donghae smiled warmly.

    "You're my son too. Ever since we picked you up that night, I protected you and cared for you just like Minho. That hasn't changed since." Donghae said.

Jinki nodded, his eyes tearing up. Donghae smiled and saw Minho comfort Jinki.

    "Now get out of here. I don't want you two in here anymore when you should be sleeping." Donghae said.

    "But it's only 1 in the morning." Minho whined.

Jinki dragged Minho out of the office and said goodnight to their father.