Free At Last

Typical Spies

Hours later Jinki woke up and felt his head throbbing in pain. He sat up and noticed he was in the hospital. He looked around and saw Minho passed out in a chair on the side of the room. He noticed Minho's arm was in a sling and Jinki felt better that his little brother was okay. He suddenly remembered his father taking a bullet for him and Kibum reaching out for him as they fell.

    "Father! Kibum!" Jinki screamed.

Minho woke up with a start and looked around.

    "Jinki! Calm down!" Minho exclaimed.

Jinki tensed and was restless when doctors rushed into the room. They knocked him out again and Minho sighed.

    "He worries too much." Minho said to himself, shaking his head.

The next time Jinki woke up, Donghae and Minho were looking down at him.

    "What happened?" Jinki asked.

    "You had a panic attack." Minho said.

Jinki rose an eyebrow and sat up slowly.

    "I don't panic." Jinki scoffed.

Minho and Donghae chuckled and Donghae hugged Jinki.

    "I'm just glad you're safe." Donghae said.

    "I'm only safe because you took the bullet for me." Jinki said.

    "I'm surprised you survived. The doctors said you were in a coma and were never going to wake up." Minho said.

Jinki's eyes widen with what Minho had said. Donghae punched Minho in his good arm and shook his head.

    "Don't listen to Minho. You're fine, just a couple of cuts and bruises. You actually took the most damage." Donghae said.

    "And Kibum?" Jinki asked.

    "He's dead." Minho said.

    "Get out of here!" Donghae exclaimed and shoved Minho away.

The door opened to Jinki's room and he was expecting Kibum but was disappointed when he saw the doctors. They checked his vitals and ushered Donghae back to his room for recovery purposes. He laid in bed alone after the doctors left and felt bored out of his mind. He heard talking out of his room but just stared at the ceiling, not really curious about the words being said. The door opened and a blonde walked in.

    "Jinki." The voice spoke softly.

Jinki turned his head and sat up when he saw Kibum with no scars or bandages.

    "Kibum, I'm glad you're ok." Jinki said.

Kibum walked over to his bed and climbed in, laying next to Jinki. Jinki looked surprised and tried not blushing but failed at it.

    "You're so warm." Kibum said, closing his eyes.

    "I haven't been able to leave my bed, so that probably why." Jinki said.

Jinki laid down and turned to face Kibum.

    "How are you? No broken bones or anything?" Kibum asked.

    "As far as I know I just sprained my wrist a bit. It's no major concern though." Jinki said.

    "This is all my fault. You, your father and your brother got hurt because of me." Kibum said softly.

    "Hey, if you were caught in another situation like this, I wouldn't hesitate to come get you. Let's just hope that doesn't happen." Jinki chuckled, moving Kibum's bangs a bit to see his feline eyes.

Even if his memory was a little foggy at the moment, he remembered jumping off of the building. It's like time was slowing down when he saw Kibum falling. His arms reaching out to grab a hold of Jinki and he was so close but so far from Kibum. When he managed to wrap his arms around Kibum he noticed a hanging platform not to far away. He managed to turn them around so where Jinki's back was facing the streets below. He saw Kibum's eyes widen and that's when he knew they were about to hit the platform. Jinki felt the cold metal and he lost his breath. Jinki and Kibum hit each other's head on the impact, knocking them out cold. Kibum stared at Jinki before speaking.

    "Jonghyun is dead." Kibum said softly.

    "What?" Jinki asked, surprised.

    "Taemin shot him, he must be so distraught." Kibum said.

    "Well Jonghyun was the only family he had. I'm surprised he actually shot him." Jinki said.

    "I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Minho, that's why he shot." Kibum said.

    "Probably." Jinki said.

Kibum shifted so he could face Jinki. They stared into each other's eyes, not wanting to ruin the moment with words. Jinki lifted his uninjured hand and caressed Kibum's cheek tenderly. Kibum leaned into the touch and smiled.

    "So are you going to keep your promise to me?" Kibum asked.

    "Promise?" Jinki asked.

    "Don't tell me you forgot it already?!" Kibum exclaimed.

    "I'm just messing with you. Why would I forget my promise about protecting you?" Jinki said, leaning into kiss Kibum's forehead.

    "How are you going to protect me?" Kibum asked.

    "What do you want me to do? Ask you to marry me already?" Jinki asked.

    "It wouldn't hurt." Kibum said.

Jinki chuckled and hugged Kibum.

    "One day I will, just not today. What I will do though is make sure you come to F.I.S.H with me." Jinki said.

    "What about Taemin?" Kibum asked.

    "He's got big shoes to fill, hopefully not taking his brother's steps for H.Y.U.N. I'm sure Minho will be with him every step of the way." Jinki said.

Kibum nodded and Jinki kissed Kibum's lips. Kibum closed his eyes and moved closer to Jinki. Jinki wrapped his arms around Kibum, pulling him even closer. They pulled away from their kiss and smiled.

    "I'm so glad I was there the day you tried to steal that file." Jinki said.

    "I'm so glad I looked at you when you told me to." Kibum said.

The door opened again and someone cleared their throat. Kibum and Jinki looked and saw Minho standing with Taemin.

    "Sooo." Minho said.

    "So what?" Kibum responded.

    "Jinki, did you ask?" Minho asked.

    "Ask what?" Kibum wondered, looking at Jinki.

Jinki sat up, making Kibum sit up as well. He took Kibum's hands and held them tightly.

    "Cho Kibum, will you go out with me?" Jinki asked, sincerity in his voice.

Kibum's eyes glistened as he nodded in agreement. Jinki then hugged Kibum and Kibum cried tears of happiness on his shoulder. Taemin leaned against Minho and smiled at the moment. Kyuhyun walked into the room with a solemn face after overhearing the confession. Sungmin walked in after Kyuhyun and hugged him.

    "He's not a little boy anymore Kyuhyun." Sungmin said.

    "Yeah, I guess you're right." Kyuhyun sighed.

    "Appa, Jinki and I are going out!" Kibum exclaimed.

    "That's great." Kyuhyun said, trying not to cringe.

    "Has Jinki asked for your father's blessing yet?" Sungmin asked.

Kibum and Jinki had a blank expression before looking at each other. Jinki turned to Kyuhyun and took a deep breath.

    "Mr. Cho, I-" Jinki started.

Kyuhyun put his hand up, signaling Jinki to stop. Kibum and Jinki started to panic inwardly.

    "You don't need to ask for my blessing. I'm pretty sure you've proven yourself to me by jumping off of a building to get Kibum." Kyuhyun said.

Jinki and Kibum smiled and Kibum hugged Jinki.

The End

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody want epilogues? (Onkey? 2min? Donghae and Kyumin?)