Enter Minho and Donghae

Typical Spies

He was like any other five year old, watching TV while eating snacks. His mother came in and sat down with him while his father was in their bedroom, doing who knows what. All of a sudden there was a scent of smoke coming from the kitchen. His mother picked him up and his father appeared next to them. His parents yelled at each other while another fire started in the living room. He was scared but even more when his mother handed them of to his father. They were about to exit the burning house when something came crashing down. He covered his eyes and suddenly felt the cool night air filling up his lungs. His father let him go and screamed. He saw his father run towards the burning home when something exploded inside of the house. His father flew back and he was scared. The sirens and horns could be heared in the distance. The flames engulfed his home and showed no signs of stopping. There was no hope for his mother now. Innocent, teary eyes full of emotions as he cried out for his mother, who was trapped inside the raging inferno. He saw a figure next to the fire, smirking at him, taunting him. Strong arms picked him up as he became more frantic at the sight. There was calm voice above him, telling him he was going to be safe, his father's voice. The burning house was engraved in his mind and he knew it would haunt him forever.

            "Minho." A voice called out.

He was snapped out of his nightmare and turned his head towards the voice. An auburn haired male looked at him with concern.

            "What?" Minho asked.

            "You were zoned out. I thought I'd help you come back to earth before your father found out you were daydreaming again." The male chuckled.

            "Oh, thanks Jinki." Minho said, smiling to the latter.

Jinki smiled in return and spun around in his chair.

            "Did you get your report done in the attack in Daegu done?" Jinki asked, looking at his desk.

            "No, I still need to write that up. I hate writing." Minho said, leaning back in his seat.

Jinki got quiet and turned his head slightly to Minho.

            "You were thinking about the fire." Jinki said, softly.

Minho froze and looked at the latter, Jinki knew him too well. He gave a sad smile and stood up.

            "Maybe." Minho said softly.

Jinki sighed and turned to his desk.

            "It was an accident, Minho and it happened years ago. Just let it go." Jinki said.

Minho walked towards Jinki and spun his chair around to face him.

            "It wasn't an accident! I saw someone nearby as the fire raged on. I saw what I saw, and you weren't there so don't tell me it was an accident." Minho growled.

Jinki leaned back in his chair as far as he could to get away from the taller male.

            "I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" Jinki apologized.

            "Why don't you kiss him already?"

Minho turned his head and saw his father, the leader of their organization, standing at the entrance of their office. He let go of the older males chair and stepped back.

            "Jinki, we received an anonymous tip that there is going to be a hacking at Min's law firm. I want you to check it out." Donghae said, handing Jinki a flashdrive.

            "Yes, sir." Jinki said, standing up and bowing.

Jinki exited the room and Donghae turned to Minho.

            "Have you finished your report?" Donghae asked.

            "Do you ever wonder what started the fire?" Minho asked, looking at the ground.

            "Minho, don't think about that."

            "It's been 16 years since that happened and nobody ever figured out what happened!"

Donghae sighed and looked out of the window in the small room.

            "Have you finished your report?" Donghae asked again.

            "Why are you dodging this subject?!" Minho exclaimed, walking towards his father.

Donghae his heels and gave an angry glare to his son.

            "Because if I think about it I get angry that I didn't protect your mother as well as I did you!" Donghae exclaimed.

Minho avoided his father's gaze and looked at the gray carpet.

            "You were our main priority, your mother said so himself. He told me not to come back him and just get you out. I should've.. I should've never listen to him." Donghae said softly.

Minho's eyes burned with tears wanting to escape, but his stone face didn't break. The same wasn't said for his father, Minho could hear the tears falling.

            "But if you did, I wouldn't have you." Minho said, softly.

Donghae wiped his eyes and calmed his breathing.

            "That's right, I'd do anything to protect you. So can you please stop thinking about this?" Donghae asked.

Minho nodded and Donghae smiled, walking past Minho.

            "Don't forget to do your report." Donghae said, and walked out of the room.

Minho looked at his desk and then at Jinki's.

            "I will find out the cause of that fire, and no one's stopping me." Minho whispered to himself.