ACS-Chapter 9

A Christmas Story

A/N: Seeing all your comments has gives me the motivation to continue writing. So here's another update. I would have uploaded it sooner but I wanted to finish the next chapter so I can do double updates. I'm still working on it. Thank you for reading.

Jiyong's thoughts/POV = blue italics; Dara's thoughts/POV = red italics; 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a brief moment, Jiyong saw a weird expression on his sister's face when Jira first smiled at her. But then his sister smiled back at the little girl so Jiyong just shrugged his shoulders.

"I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ji. You can call me Ji ahjusshi. This is my sister Dami noona. Noona, this is Jira, the girl I told you that I met at the airport this morning."

Jira turns to look at the lady next to Jiyong. She bows to her then says, "Annyeonghaseyo!"

What a polite little girl!

"Annyeong Jira. Nice to meet you. Are you by yourself here?"

"Aniyo. I'm here with my mom and her friend."

"Where are they?"

Jira looks around but then her brows furrowed and her small mouth pouted. She looked like she might cry.

"They were right there."

"They're probably around here somewhere. We'll wait with you until she comes for you," said Jiyong.

Suddenly I hear a voice out of nowhere. A voice that recently, I've only heard in my dreams. A voice that I'll recognize anywhere.

"Jira! Park Jira? Where are you?"

"Eomma! Eomma! I'm here!"

A dark brown haired lady runs toward Jira, she kneels and grabs her in a tight hug.

Even if I haven't seen the mysterious mom's face, I felt a jolt of recognition at that head of hair. I've kissed that head more times than I could count. I've tangled my fingers in that head of hair for almost 3 years. I've dreamed of that head of hair for 5 years. I could hear snippets of their conversation but my brain shut down and my heart took over as soon I heard her voice.

Could it be? My Dara is finally here.

"No...Thank you for..."

I see the shocked expression on her face which probably mirrored my own.

"Ji...Jiyong?"

Omygahd Jiyong is here. Why is he here?

"D-Dara?" 

Hearing the voice I've been longing to hear makes my heart melt like before.

"Jiyong oppa?"

Hearing the other voice snapped Jiyong out of shock. He looked up to see Lee Chaerin. Dara's bestfriend and Seungri's ex-girlfriend. 

"Chaerin?"

"Dara? The Dara that left 5 years ago?"

I hear the confusion in my sister's voice. And I see the surprise in Dara's face. 

Dami unnie? I've never met her but I've seen her pictures from the frames in Jiyong's flat.

Dara looks at Dami and bows to her. "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Dara, I know you haven't met but this is my elder sister Dami noona. Noona, this is Dara. And you know Chaerin."

None of my family knew about Dara except for Seungri. So she wasn't the only one who was surprised with what Dami noona did next.

"Omo omo omo." Dami noona went towards Dara and pulled her up into a big hug.

What is going on? Why is she hugging me? I looked at Jiyong but he didn't know anything.

Dara's eyes were as big as saucers.

She was trying to ask me with her eyes, why my sister was hugging her, but I didn't understand it either. So all I could do was shrug my shoulders.

"Omo Dara, I'm so glad to finally meet you."

"Ummm...I'm so glad to meet you too?"

Dami looks at Dara's shocked look and chuckles. 

"I'm sorry. I guess it was a weird reaction to you. I'll tell you later."

"Eh?"

Sensing the confusing situation, Jiyong cleared his throat and said, "Dara, oraenmaniya."

"I know. Long time no see Jiyong."

"How are you?"

"I'm good."

"Eomma? How do you know Ji ahjusshi?"

In my surprise, I almost forgot about Jira. Dara is a mom. Who did she marry? Did I miss my chance?

"Ji ahjusshi is mom's friend."

"Chincha?"

"So this little cutie is yours. You and your husband must be proud. Your little girl seems like a good girl. Where is your husband, by the way? Is he here?"

Asking her those questions were like little stabs at my heart. But I had to know. 

Dara seemed tense when asked about her husband.

Are they not together anymore? What kind of guy would let her go? I had this strong urge to find him and make him see the error of his ways. I feel Dara's hand on my arm and just one touch and I felt the familiar spark. She takes her hand away as if she felt the same electricity. She looks at me and I can't really tell what's on her mind.

Why do I still feel the sparks even though it's been 5 years?

"Jiyong...uhm...I was going to come find you sometime later." I sigh. I guess now is a good time as any. "We need to talk."

Dami for some reason, senses the urgency of the talk.

"Yes, I think you do. Why don't you guys do that and me and Chaerin will take Jira to get some ice cream. Is that ok with you? Do you like ice cream Jira?"

"Can I get ice cream eomma?"

Dara looked uncertain of entrusting Jira with Dami. 

"My sister will take care of her, Dee."

My heart thumps as I hear him call me Dee. He's the only one who calls me that.

"And I'll be with them unnie. Go have that talk with Jiyong oppa."

"Ok." Dara kneels in front of Jira. "Be a good girl for Auntie Chaerin and Dami unnie ok?"

"Neh eomma."

"I'll see you in a bit." Dara gives a kiss on Jira's cheek.

I wonder what Dara wants to talk about.

They walk towards the nearest cafe. 

"Go get us a booth and I'll order for us."

Dara goes to one of the more private booths and waits for Jiyong. When he arrives he hands her the coffee and cake.

"Caramel Macchiato and a slice of strawberry cake."

Dara looks at Jiyong questioningly.

"You remembered?"

"I remember everything Dee."

Dee...he called me Dee again. He's the only one who calls me that. 

There was an awkward silence after that. Jiyong couldn't wait any longer so he spoke first.

"So, how are you Dee? Did your husband not come with you on this trip?" 

He takes a sip of his coffee but he kept his eyes on her.

Dara could feel his stare and if it wasn't for the chair she was sitting on, she would probably be on the floor. 

Seriously? I'm this affected? After all this time. My heart is still his.

Since he is staring intently, she kept her eyes down, straight at the table.

"I'm good. And I'm not married." She muttered.

"What? I didn't hear you."

She sighs and finally looks at him. "I said, I'm good and I'm not married."

"What? You mean Jira's father abandoned you?"

"No. I mean Jira's father doesn't know about her."

"Why not? He has a right to know."

*sigh* "I know that. That's why I'm telling him right now."

"You're telling him now? Is he meeting us here?"

"No. He's already here."

"Where?"

It's now or never. "Right in front of me. *sigh* Jiyong...You're Jira's father."

Dara watched the different emotions go by on Jiyong's face as he processed what he just heard. His brows suddenly furrow and Dara knew he's trying to tamp down his anger.

"I am what? I am Jira's father?"

"Yes."

Dara can see anger in Jiyong's eyes but she can also see that behind the anger was pain. She knew it was a mistake keeping him in the dark. But it's too late for regrets.

"When did you find out? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I confirmed it the day we broke up. I was going to tell you but I was too hurt to think straight. I was afraid of our child being kept like a dirty little secret like me."

"What? I thought you understood that I was waiting for the right time to tell my parents about us."

"I know. My mind understood. My heart was a different matter."

I can't believe she kept her from me.

"I guess there's no use discussing the past. I do have one question though."

"Does Jira know about me?"

"She recently found out your name and that you lived here in Seoul. That is one of the things our daughter inherited from you, her intelligence. She asked about you as soon as we landed here. I was gonna come find you when we're bit more settled but I guess fate has other plans."

"If she hadn't asked, would you have told me?"

Dara looks at her hands that's holding her mug. "I don't know."

Jiyong scoffed and stands up from the table. "You know what? I'm going to see my daughter. It's time for her to know who her father is."

"You can't just spring this on her? She's only five years old. We need to ease her into the idea."

"You kept her from me for 5 years. It's my turn now."