ACS-Chapter 8

A Christmas Story

A/N: I've never been to South Korea. The places in this fic are mostly from what I've researched on the internet. So please bear with me. >_<

*I made a minor change to this chapter. I forgot that Ji didn't introduce himself to Jira yet.>_< Sorry this is a work in progress.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At E-Mart in Seoul

E-Mart is sort of like a discount supermarket operated by Shinsegae, a department store franchise. They sell almost everything from foods, clothing to kitchen appliances and home essentials. 

(Here's some pictures I can find on the net)

 

Our two elves Daesung and Minzy were the first to arrive at the store. With the help of a little bit of magic, they were able to get temporary jobs at the store. Minzy was put to work in the toy department while Daesung was put in a bunny costume. They wait for the family to arrive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dami and Jiyong were the next ones to enter the store.

"Wow, a lot of people here today."

"Duh...Jiyong, it's the weekend and it's almost time for the holidays, of course there'll be a lot of people shopping."

"Maybe this was a bad idea. Let's go home."

"Ha! Too late now, Ji. You should have said no before. You're stuck with me for now. Mwahahaha."

Jiyong grins and shakes his head. "Arasso-yo noona. Sometimes you scare me when you laugh like that."

Dami grins and laughs her evil laugh again while she drags Jiyong towards the home goods area.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, Chaerin, Dara & Jira enter the store.

"Wow, there's a lot of people here today." Dara says with a sigh.

"Yeah, I forgot it's the weekend. Do you want to come back next time?"

Dara looks at her daughter who is in awe of the colors and lights and displays. She smiles and then shakes her head at Chaerin. 

"Nah, even if I want to, who can say no to that." She tilts her head toward Jira.

"Eomma, there's so many cool stuff to see. Can we go there? And there? And there?"

The five year old couldn't contain her excitement at new stuff.

"Yes. But you need to stay close to us, ok? There's so many people, I don't want to lose you again. Arasso?"

Chaerin looks at Dara with a raised brow. "Again?"

"Yeah. Long story. I'll tell you in a bit." She looks back at her daughter. "Did you hear me Park Jira?

"Neh eomma."

"Ok, let's go."

The trio walk towards the home goods area too. And Dara starts to tell Chaerin about what happened at the airport.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minzy is in the middle of arranging a big bunny display. And Daesung is on the lookout for father and daughter. Daesung spots Jiyong first and starts to call attention to himself.

While his sister is looking at some of the home items, Jiyong notices the big gray bunny and the crowd gathering around him. He is curious and decides to check it out. 

"Noona, I'm just gonna check something over there."

Dami is concentrating on which bed sheets to buy so she just waves Jiyong off.

Jiyong approaches the area where Daesung and Minzy were stationed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different side of the home goods area, Jira is looking around with glee at all the new stuff she sees, when she notices the big gray bunny up ahead. Aside from Hello Kitty, Jira shares her mom's love for anything bunny. Hence, Tamtam and her dress for that afternoon. 

She wants to run but she promised her mom that she would stay close so she tries to wait patiently for her mom and Aunt Chaerin to walk closer. But after the duo's third stop, Jira impatiently calls her mom's attention.

"Eomma! There's a giant tokki up ahead. I want to go see it. Can I go?"

"You promised to stay close Jira."

"I know, but you guys are taking forever." Jira whined.

"Ok, ok we're coming."

Jira walks ahead of the two towards Daesung and Minzy.

Meanwhile, Jiyong has reached the display and picks up one of the bunnies on sale. One of the corners of his mouth, lifts in a smile as he remembers the cute little girl he met at the airport. He wonders if the girl is really into rabbits like his beloved Ssantokki was. He was still reminiscing when he feels somebody get pushed next to him. His hand automatically, grabs the little person to prevent her from falling. 

"Careful!" He yells at whoever was behind him. Then looks down at the little one who almost stumbled next to him.

"Gwaenchanha?"

He notices that it's a little girl and is shocked to find the same brown eyes, that has been bugging him since that trip to the airport that morning, staring back at him.

Jira looks up at the person who saved her from tumbling down and falls open when she sees the same man who rescued Tamtam.

She immediately bows and whispers "Joesonghamnida."

Jiyong smiles at her with his trademark gummy smile which in turn earns him a gummy smile from Jira.

"Oh, you speak korean? I thought you were American. Are you ok?"

"I'm ok, ahjusshi. Gomawo-yo for helping me. I grew up in America but I was born here. At least that's what my mom says." 

"Ah, I see. Do you really like bunnies that much?"

"Neh."

Before Jiyong can talk some more, a hand clamps on his shoulders, making him turn to look behind him.

"Ji! I found you. I didn't know where you went."

"I was just here noona. Checking out the display and meeting an old new friend." 

"Old new friend? Eh?" Dami asks questioningly.

"Well, old because this is not our first meeting and new because this is only our second meeting."

"Now you got me curious, I have to meet this old new friend of yours."

Jiyong looks back to where Jira was, afraid that she might have disappeared again. But he breathes a sigh of relief when he sees her standing in front of the display, holding on to one of the white stuffed bunny and talking to the lady in charge of the display.

"She's still here. Come, I'll introduce you." 

He taps Jira's shoulder and Jira turns to look at who tapped her. She automatically smiles her gummy smile when she sees Jiyong.

Dami looks at the little girl and her brows knit together when she notices something familiar about the little girl's smile.

"Ahjusshi!"

"You're Jira...right?" Jira nods.

"I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ji. You can call me Ji ahjusshi. This is my sister Dami noona. Noona, this is Jira, the girl I told you that I met at the airport this morning.

Jira turns to look at the older lady next to Tamtam's savior. She bows to Dami and says, "Annyeonghaseyo!"

"Annyeong Jira. Nice to meet you. Are you alone at the store?"

"Aniyo. I'm here with my mom and her friend."

"Where are they?"

Jira looks around to where she last saw her mom and Aunt Chaerin. Her brows furrow and a her small mouth pouts. She gets a bit scared when she doesn't see them there. 

"They were right there."

Jiyong sees the worry on Jira's face and tries to comfort the little girl by patting her back.

"She's probably around here somewhere. We'll wait with you until she comes for you." 

A worried voice is heard somewhere.

"Jira! Park Jira? Where are you?"

"Eomma! Eomma! I'm here!"

A dark brown haired lady runs toward Jira, she kneels and grabs her in a tight hug. Followed by her friend close behind her. The dark brown haired lady looks at her daughter, tears threatening to fall from her eyes again. She starts to do her inspection to make sure her daughter was unharmed.

"Park Jira, what did I tell you about staying close? You made me and Aunt Chaerin worry again."

"Mianhae-yo eomma! I told you I wanted to go see the tokki. Did you cry again?"

"Aissht...you naughty little girl. You almost gave me a heart attack."

"I'm sorry eomma. I'll try not to do it again. Besides Ji ahjusshi was here. He was protecting me."

"Ahjusshi? What ahjusshi?"

"The one who saved Tamtam this morning. Didn't I tell you about him?"

"No..." Dara notices the pair of expensive loafers close to her daughter and followed it up towards the mysterious ahjusshi's face.

"Thank you for,,,"

Words disappeared as she recognized the shocked expression on the man's face.

"Ji...Jiyong?"

"D-Dara?"

Jira looks at her mom then the man her mom called Jiyong.

Jiyong? Could it be? Is he Kwon Jiyong? My appa?