ACS-Chapter 13

A Christmas Story

Jiyong's thought's/POV = blue italicsDara's thought's/POV = red italicsJira's thought's/POV = purple italics

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a restaurant somewhere in Gangnam, our two elves are eating dinner, pondering their next move.

"This mission is taking too long. There's only a few days before Christmas, we should be back there in the North Pole helping him instead of this."

Daesung lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Duh, we are helping him. We're trying to give one of the kids the Christmas present they asked for. "

"Yah! Why are you suddenly speaking informal with me?"

"Because you're so frustrating, sunbae. You keep seeing the negative side of this mission."

"Mianhe. I guess, I'm kinda frustrated too. These adults just need to be honest with each other. You can see there's still some spark between them. They just need to admit their feelings and tell the kid that he's her real father and live happily ever after."

"Awww, sunbae...I didn't know you were such a romantic. I thought Santa said you watch korean dramas too. You should know that it doesn't work that way. There has to be something that'll push them closer not apart. But what?"

A text message beeps on Minzy's cellphone. She reads it and she frowns. Daesung is puzzled by her reaction.

"What? What is it?"

"Sunbae, we just got a deadline."

"What?"

"Park Jira just made another wish. She wants to have a complete family this Christmas."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Jiyong wakes up with a smile on his face.

His fingers touch his lips as he remembered kissing Dara before he left the night before. Her lips still feel as soft as before.

And his smile broadens as he thinks about Dara's reaction after the kiss.

I'm not the only one who's affected. The spark is still there. I have to convince her that marriage is the best choice for us. I don't want to lose her again.

He glances at his alarm clock to see that it's 7AM. With extreme vigor, he gets up to start to get ready to see his family.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, at the Park residence. The sun shines through Jira's window. She stretches her arms and opens her eyes. She remembers hearing that her Ji appa is coming today. The conversation about Ji appa being her real appa comes back to her mind too4. She smiles. Finally, she has met her appa. And he seems like a nice guy.

What happened between eomma and appa? Why are they not together now? Why are grown ups so confusing?

She shrugs and gets up. She needs to make sure her eomma is awake now.

Dara wakes up and her hands automatically reach up to touch her lips. She just had a fitful dream about Jiyong. She dreamt about how they used to be.

She reminisces about the kiss from the night before. Just thinking about it got her butterflies in her stomach. She closes her eyes again and tries to re-live the kiss. She hears her door open and she knows who it is. She keeps her eyes closed pretending to be asleep.

Jira approaches her eomma's bed slowly.

Eomma's still asleep? She needs to wake up now. I forgot what time Ji appa is coming.

She creeps closer then starts poking Dara's cheeks.

"Eomma..." Jira whispers. "Eomma...ireona-yo." *poke poke poke*

Dara tries her hardest to keep a straight face.

"Eomma!" *poke poke poke* "Ireona-yo!"

Dara couldn't hold it any longer. She bursts into fits and giggles. 

"Eomma! You were awake." 

She opens her eyes to see her daughter pouting. She looks so much like her dad when she does that.

"Awww, mianhe Jira." 

Jira crosses her arms and turns away from her mom, still pouting. 

"Awww, is my princess mad at me? Eomma is sorry."

Dara tries to coax her but Jira keeps on pouting.

"Jira, eomma is sorry. Oh! " Now, it's Dara's turn to pout.

Jira sees her mom pouting and thinks that she looks silly. She can't say no to her when she does that. Apparently something else she inherited from her father. She smiles at her mom's antics.

"Eomma is funny." Jira starts to chuckle. Dara looks at her daughter dubiously.

"Chincha? You're not mad anymore?"

"Neh. I wasn't really mad eomma."

"Good." She looks at her watch and sees that it's already 7:30 AM. "Omo! It's 7:30. We need to get ready."

Jira pretends not to know why they have to get ready. "Wae-yo eomma? Why do we need to get ready?"

"Well, your Ji appa is coming this morning. Is that ok with you?"

Jira beams one of her gummy smiles. "Chincha-yo eomma?" 

"Yes. Is that ok?"

"Of course. I need to get ready quick!"

Jira runs to her room to pick her clothes. Dara shakes her head at her daughter's energy. She gets up to get ready too.

The mother and daughter looks like this.

Jiyong was excited to see his family once again. So excited that he was 30 minutes early. He decided to drop by a toy store to buy a present for Jira. At 9 AM he was in front of Dara's door ringing the doorbell.

Dara was preparing snacks for wherever they were going when she heard the bell ring. She looks at the security cam then the clock.

Omo, he's right on time. 

"He's here! He's here! Ji appa is here! " 

Jira runs screaming for the door. Jiyong could hear his daughter's excitement from the other side. He can relate to how she's feeling. He's feeling a little giddy too. 

Jira opens the door with her trademark gummy smile. The said smile widens when she sees her Ji appa holding a bear.

"Teddy bear!"

Jiyong smiles at the happiness he sees on his daughter's face.

"Yes it's a bear."

"Is it for me Ji appa?"

Jiyong bends down to Jira's height. 

"I don't know, maybe you should ask him."

Jira reaches for the bears paw. It is soft to the touch which makes her smile more.

"Mr. Bear, are you here for me?"

Jiyong goes behind the bear and disguises his voice.

"Maybe. Are you by chance Princess Jira?"

Jira smirks. "You're silly Mr. Bear. I'm not a princess. I'm just Jira."

"Well, you look like a princess to me. I guess I am yours."

Jiyong hands the bear to Jira. She gives the bear a big hug.

Dara picks up the bag of food and makes her way toward the front door. She has been listening to the father-daughter banter and it makes her suddenly feel guilty that they have missed out on each other. She puts on a smile before showing herself to Jiyong and Jira.

"Jiyong, you're right on time."

Jiyong finally sees Dara and he's sort of stunned how beautiful she looks even when she's wearing casual clothes. Well, she was always beautiful no matter what she wore. He just couldn't believe he's able to see her again. He tried to play it cool though. Can't have her thinking she could still affect him like before.

"Yeah, I know. I was missing Princess here, so I came as soon as I could." Pointing to Jira.

"Oh..." Dara tried to hide her disappointment. For a moment, she was jealous of her own daughter because Jiyong missed Jira and not her. Just for a moment though. She knows she was being silly for being that way. There's nothing between her and Jiyong anymore. 

"You know it's been awhile since I've been here. Is there any place you think we could go?"

"Well, I haven't been out either, But I did some research when I got home last night. We can go to Lotte World or Ice Skating. Which one do you guys prefer?"

"Ji appa, what is Lotte World?"

"Lotte World is an amusement park with carnival rides and shows. Does that sound good to you?"

"I haven't been to one before. Eomma, can we go to Lotte World?"

"Whatever you want sweetie."

"Yay! "

"Are you guys ready?" Jiyong asked.

Dara grabs her purse & the snack bag.

"Ready." Dara answers.

Jira looks at the two adults next to her and then smiles. She grabs Dara's hand with her left hand and Jiyong's hand with her right.

"Ready! Let's go!!!"