ACS-Chapter 17

A Christmas Story

Annyeong Readers! Here's another chapter for you. I've actually had this chapter and the next 2 chapters finished but I'm trying to edit to include some of your suggestions. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Jiyong and Dara.

The couple is sitting on the couch, with Dara leaning against Jiyong, her back to his front, and his arms wrapped around her. Jiyong is playing with her fingers.

I said yes to marry Jiyong. I've been in love with him forever. It's my dream come true. But what about his parents? They might not like me.

"What are you thinking?"

"What? What do you mean? I'm not thinking about anything."

"You can't fool me Dee. We may have been apart for five years but we were together for almost 3. You still haven't changed much. I can still tell when you're worrying. I can hear the wheels turning in your head. Mwonde?"

"Nothing. It's just...do you think we were hasty in deciding to get married? I mean, we just met again yesterday. And your parents still don't know about us. And  I don't know how Jira is going to react to the news, let alone our friends, your sister, my sister. Maybe we should re-think this first." 

Dara tries to move away from Jiyong but he pulls her closer and hugs her tighter.

"Uh-uh. No, I am not letting you get away again. I lost you once, and I'm not losing you twice."

"I didn't say anything about leaving. I was just saying maybe we can take it slow."

"No. Taking it slow would just make you doubt us. Plus, I want to be able to stay here with you and Jira as soon as possible. I wanna sleep with you and wake up with you, and not miss out on anymore moments in our daughter's life. If I could, I'd marry you right now, so that tomorrow morning when our daughter wakes up, we can greet her together. Do you think our daughter will be ok with me as her father?"

Dara tries to imagine how her daughter would react. She chuckles as she can almost see Jira thinking about the news for a moment then clap her hands in excitement. 

"You know, our daughter is a pretty smart girl. I believe she got it from you. I wouldn't put it past her not to guess who you really are. I remember her saying she overheard me and Bommie talking about you. In fact, when we landed yesterday, she asked Chaerinnie about you."

"Chincha? That's good. I hope she'll accept me as her father. And her smarts didn't just come from me. It came from you too."

Dara sighs and snuggles as much as she can next to Jiyong. 

"What are we going to do about your parents? They may not like me. They might hate me for keeping their grandchild away from them."

"I'm going to tell my parents about us as soon as I leave here. They may be hurt about the years apart but after I explain to them what happened, they'll forget about it. And after they meet Jira, I just know everything will be forgiven."

"What about Dami unnie? She might be mad at me."

"Are you kidding me? After I tell her what happened, I think she's gonna beat me. Thinking back to our first meeting, I think she guessed that I'm Jira's father before you told me. She knows about us too, you know."

"Chincha? Eotteokhe?"

FLASHBACK (JIYONG'S POV)

The night before.

I was still on cloud nine after the brief kiss I shared with Dara. I couldn't stop smiling, thinking about her reaction and how I was feeling about my newly found family.

Before I can even get home from Dara's place, my phone rang. I smiled as I saw my Dami noona's face on the phone, I bet she has questions for me.

"Yeoboseyo. Noona?"

"We need to talk. Come see me before you go home."

"Arasso."

I turned my car around towards my noona's condo. She was waiting for me when I entered.

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong!"

Uh-oh, she doesn't call me by my full name unless she means business.

"Waeyo, noona?"

"She's yours, isn't she? Jira is your daughter?"

"How did you know?"

"She's like the mini version of you."

"Yeah?" I said while grinning like an idiot.

"So that was Dara, huh?"

"Noona, how did you know about her? Did Seungri tell you?"

"Ani. You know that idiot cousin of ours can be a goofball but one thing you can't fault is his loyalty."

"Well, then how do you know about her?"

"Five years ago, I came home for a surprise visit. I was gonna ask you if I can crash  in your condo but I couldn't get a hold of you. I forced Seungri to tell me the passcode to your flat. At first, I saw the broken glass and trash and thought maybe somebody robbed the place. But then I saw the empty bottles and  I found you passed out on your bed holding a picture. I've never seen you that way before."

"That bad huh."

"Yeah. When I pulled the picture frame from your grasp, I wondered who the girl was. Then I heard you speak. You kept calling for Dee or Dara. You were wailing for her not to leave. I never knew you were involved with anybody."

"That was my mistake. I thought if I kept her from you guys, she won't feel inadequate or insecure. And eomma and appa won't be able to do anything to hurt her like they did with you and  Dong Wook hyung."

"You knew about that?"

"I overheard you guys arguing. And I saw how affected you were. My Dara may sometimes look strong but inside she's a sensitive girl. I didn't want appa and eomma to say anything bad to her. But that's where I was wrong. In the end, I was the one who hurt her and made her feel insecure. Her staying away for five years was my fault."

"Hmmm...so what's your plan?"

"I asked her to marry me and she said no."

"Wae? What did you do?"

"She  asked me if I loved her and I said I cared about her." 

Dami slaps Jiyong on the back of his head. "Babo! Why did you say that?"

Jiyong winces at the slap and rubs the affected area. "Aish Noona...i don't know. I guess pride got in the way?"

"Everyone can see you guys still love each other. I saw the way you were looking at her today and the way she looked at you. You're stupid to say the wrong answer."

"I know. I realized it after I said it."

"So what's your plan now?"

"I'm going to see them again tomorrow and this time I'll do it right."

"You better. Or you're gonna get a slap from me again. And don't worry about eomma and appa. I'll help you talk to them."

"Gomawo noona."

"You're welcome. Just make sure you do it right this time."

"I will."

END OF FLASHBACK

Jiyong kisses the top of Dara's head. "You know I just want to stay like this with you forever."

"Yeah. Me too. But I don't want to teach our daughter that it's ok to be like this without marriage."

"I know. I don't really want to leave you yet."

"Maybe we can stay like this for a few more minutes?" Dara said hopefully.

"I want stay like this forever with you baby."

"Charmer!" She patted his hand playfully. "So what are we gonna do with your parents?"

"I'm gonna talk to them tonight. Dami noona said, she'll back me up if I need it."

"I really hope they won't object to our engagement."

"First of all, I am a grown man. They don't really have a say on who I date or marry anymore. They might have had a say in my love life five years ago but tonight, I am just informing them of our engagement. Whether they like it or not, I am marrying you. And lastly, only one thing can stop me from marrying you."

"Really? What's that?" Dara turns to face Jiyong with an inquiring look.

"The only thing that can stop me from marrying you is you. I won't force you to marry me. When we get married, I want it to be because you love me the way i love you." Jiyong says with a frown.

Dara smiles and eases the frown lines on Jiyong's brows with her fingertips. She cups his face and stares right into his eyes. 

"Listen to me. I've been waiting for this moment since I first met you. I've been dreaming of this moment since I left all those years ago. And now that it's finally here, nothing can stop me from marrying you. You already said you would, you can't take it back."

Jiyong smiles at her remark. He couldn't help himself she was too darn cute. He moved his face closer and captured her lips in his. It didn't take much coaxing from him for her to open up her lips and return his kiss with the same intensity he gave. They stay liplocked for minutes although to them it felt like hours. When they broke free, Jiyong brushes Dara's cheek. 

"I really wish I could stay here and never leave. But if I want to talk to my parents, I have to leave soon."

"I wish you could stay too. But I guess, it's now or never. The sooner we let them know, the faster we can spend the rest of our lives together. "

"I do like the way you think Mrs. Kwon."

Dara slaps his arm playfully.

"Hah! I'm not Mrs. Kwon yet."

Jiyong's arms gather her in a tight embrace again.

"You've always been Mrs. Kwon to me." He kisses the back of her neck and holds her close.

He sighs as he releases her. "I really got to go now."

"I know."

They get up from the couch and start walking towards the door.

"Can I see you again tomorrow?"

"Well, technically, I don't have to start work until next week since this week is a holiday."

"I really want to tell Jira about me soon."

"Why don't we see what your parents say then we'll take our cue from there."

"Arasso. But you know if it were up to me, we'd be married by now and I'd be taking you to our room." Jiyong says with a wiggle in his eyebrows.

Dara slaps his arm again.

"You're such a ." She giggles.

"But you love me anyways."

"I do."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you."

Jiyong pulls her close and crashes his mouth onto hers once more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jira woke up when she felt the urge to go to the bathroom. She wonders what time it is and if her Ji Appa is still here. She opens her door gently and was about to step out when she hears steps going towards the front door. She peeks out of her room, just in time for our lovers to have their goodnight kiss.

This is the second time I've seen them kiss. Is it too soon to hope I might get my Christmas wish?