ACS-Chapter 14

A Christmas Story

A/N: Just a reminder. I have never been to Seoul or anywhere in South Korea. I just did some sort of research for this fic. This story is pure fiction. ^_^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Lotte World

Our elf duo arrived first. They were appraised of the family's plan to go there and used a bit of magic to get there first.

"Ok Minzy, what's the plan?"

"Plan? What plan, sunbae?"

"A plan to finish this mission?"

"I don't have one."

"What?" Daesung said with an exasperated sigh.

"Hey I'm not the only one in this group. You need to come up with a plan too."

"Wait, are you sassing me? You're the mastermind in all this."

"No sunbae. I wasn't sassing you. I was just telling you the truth. I don't have a plan. I am actually at a loss at what to do."

"Damn. The family is due here any minute. We need to think of something. Time is running out. Christmas is just around the corner."

"I know. What can we do?"

"Do you still have that info we have on the parents? Why did they drift apart again?"

With a whoosh and a flick of a wrist, Minzy produced a tablet in her hand out of thin air. She thumbs through the pages till she finds what she's looking for.

"Ah, here it is. It seems there was a misunderstanding of the sort or something. The details are sort of unclear between Jiyong and Dara. Something happened five years ago, that made Dara break up with Jiyong. Something that involves..." Minzy squints at the name written on the report. "Kei...Keiko...Ki..."

Daesung snaps his fingers. "That's right. Kiko! The name you're looking for is Kiko! Kiko Mizuhara. I read about her involvement. Some words were exchanged but we're not really sure what."

"That's it. Kiko Mizuhara."

"Do you think Dara'll tell Jiyong what they talked about? Clear up the air?"

"I don't know sunbae. If it was me, probably not. If I was Dara, I would probably keep it to myself. It must have been something that hurt deep and I wouldn't want the man I love to worry about it."

"Hmm...so what can we do? Where is Kiko right now?"

Minzy looks at her magic tablet. She types and swipes at the screen and sees the information she needs.

"Right now, she's...Assa! She's coming here for a photo shoot. I think all we have to do is make her tell Jiyong the truth or clear things up about the past."

"Do you really think she'll do that?"

"No...but one can always hope. Come on, let's find a place where we can wait & see."

Daesung shrugs and follows Minzy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, the family finally arrives. Jira's eyes grew big like saucers when she saw this.

 

"Uwa...Look eomma! It's like the princess castle, you remember, the one from Disney World?" 

Dara nods at her daughter's comment. Jira grabs her mom's hand and pulls her closer. She then looks for Jiyong and grabs his hand too.

"Ji appa, you've been here before right?"

"Yeah, one time a long time ago."

Dara looks at Jiyong when he spoke. She remembers a time a long time ago when she dragged Jiyong to Lotte World. Her mind flows back to that moment

FLASHBACK

Dara's POV

7 years ago

I open my eyes and smile. Me & Jiyong have been going out for a year now. Actually today is our one year anniversary. He told me last night that we'll do whatever I want today.

I look at his sleeping figure on the bed and it just amazes me how he can still look so hot when he's sleeping. Aish...Dara, get your mind out of the gutter. Don't jump your sleeping boyfriend right now. I try to stifle my giggle so he won't wake up yet. But I'm so excited about today. I scoot closer and try to trace his eyebrows and his nose. Suddenly I feel an arm pull me closer. It took me by surprise so I squealed.

"Yah! You were awake?"

"I was...but then I felt a naughty rabbit about to jump me."

"Jump you? Hah! In your dreams." I scoff and I turn away from him and pout.

Jiyong pulls me closer with my back to his front, and snuggles my neck. I feel my pout weakening. He knows I love it when he does things like this. 

"That's right, you were about to jump me in my dreams." 

"I was not. You're such a ." I keep on pouting.

He turns my head to him and he kisses me. It started out as a peck then he lays me on my back and kisses me more deeply. I close my eyes and my arms go around his neck. We kiss for a while.

"Happy Anniversary Baby Girl! So what did you want to do today?"

"I was thinking we can go to Lotte World!" 

He pulls himself up to sit and I get up too.

"Awww...babe, I don't want to go to an amusement park."

"I don't know why you don't like going to the amusement park. If I could, I'd go there all the time. Please opppaaaaaaaa..." I said with my cute aegyo voice then end with a pout.

"Arasso, arasso...you know I can never say no to you. But after the park, we get to do what I want to do."

"What do you want to do?"

"You know what I always want to do." He said and I remember him wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yah! You . No!"

"Awww...jagiyaaaa..." he says with his aegyo voice. Why is he so cute?

"Arasso, arasso...you know I can't say no to you either."

"I know. That's why I love you baby girl."

"I love you to baby boy. Let's go get ready."

"Let's go!" And we ended up leaving an hour later.

END OF FLASHBACK

Dara snaps out of her reverie and listens in on the conversation between her daughter & Jiyong.

"Chincha-yo? Why only one time? If it was me, I'd come here all the time."

Jiyong burst out into laughter after hearing his daughter's words. Jira looks at her appa and wonders what's so funny. Jiyong sees her questioning look, he calms himself down and says while looking at Dara, "You just reminded me of someone who said the exact same thing, a long time ago."

"Chincha-yo? Who?"

Jiyong pointed to Dara with his lips. Jira looks at her mom. Dara blushes at their stares. 

"Eomma?"

"Yup. Your eomma. She was the one who dragged me here a long time ago."

"Wow. I guess we are mother and daughter huh," Jira beamed.

They walked around hand in hand with Jira running ahead from time to time to look at all the new lights and sounds.

 

Since Jira was too small to ride some of the rides. They just walked around and looked at shops. She was able to ride the carousel. Dara let Jira have her moment with her dad. She stood on the sidelines while Jiyong and Jira rode around. 

She looked at them with longing. This was what she wanted for Jira. A complete family with a dad who adores her. She can't help regret not telling Jiyong about her. She takes a picture of father and daughter enjoying the ride. She may have caused Jiyong to miss out on Jira's first five years but she vows not to deny him the rest. If he wants to be in her daughter's life, she won't stand in the way. She just wishes that he wants her in his life too. 

Dara sighs at that thought. She knows she missed her chance with Jiyong when she broke his heart a long time ago. Some days, like today, she wishes she could go back in time and take it all back. What would have happened if she hadn't left him before?

Jiyong is enjoying his special time with his daughter in the carousel. Jira is talking animatedly about her life in Texas when he sees the expression in Dara's face as the carousel turns towards her. What put the sadness in her eyes? He sees her try to put a smile on her face as they came into view. But he new his tokki better. He knows when she fakes a smile. He should remember to ask her later. He turns his attention back to his daughter and smiles as he listens to her talk about Tamtam.

After the carousel ride, the ladies decide to go for a bathroom break. So Dara & Jira head towards the female restroom. 

Somewhere in the park, our elves are still trying to think of ways to make Kiko admit what she did years ago. They spy her near where ladies restroom where Dara & Jira where currently in. Daesung gets an idea.

"Aha! What if we make them meet right now? We have to make sure the time is just right."

"How do we do that?"

"I'll go watch Jiyong, you try to create a way for them to meet and at the critical moment, I'll make Jiyong appear."

"Do you think that will work?"

"I don't really know. But I guess we just have to let the Christmas spirit guide us?"

"Ok, I can deal with that. Sunbae...fighting!" Minzy said to Daesung.