ACS-Chapter 21

A Christmas Story

A/N: Hello readers! Well, here it is -- The Final Chapter. Sorry it took me so long to finish this story. I know I said I was gonna finish it last year, but I ran out of time and for awhile I couldn't think of how to end this. Seeing Daragon moments on my twitter feed last night and today, sorta made me want to finish this story so I can work on the other 2 stories I have that are ongoing. Hope you like this one and thank you for reading. Without further ado, here it is.

Jiyong's thought's/POV = blue italicsDara's thought's/POV = red italicsJira's thought's/POV = purple italics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in Seoul...6AM

Jiyong opens his eyes and sees an unfamiliar ceiling. A smile appears on his face as he remembers where he is. He looks towards his left side where a goddess like beauty slumbers. He still couldn't believe that this is his first Christmas as a married man. Come to think of it...this is the first Christmas that he is a dad too. Thinking about his daughter sleeping just a few doors away brings another smile to his face. He wonders how she will react. He hopes it's a good reaction. He feels a bit nervous about how his daughter will accept him. 

Dara was sound asleep when she felt her body pillow tense. Wait...body pillow? She doesn't have a body pillow. Then she remembered the day before when she finally married the man of her dreams. She blushes at their activities the night before. 

FLASHBACK

Dara and Jiyong went to city hall to register their marriage. When they got there, they needed two witnesses. Seeing that Chaerin and Dami are with Jira, and Dara's sister is still in Texas. Jiyong had no choice but to call his annoying cousin Seungri.

"Yeoboseyo?" Still in bed, Seungri picks up his phone without checking who the caller is.

"Seungri, get your to the city hall right now!"

"Hyung? Jiyong hyung?" Seungri pulls his phone away to make sure it's his Jiyong hyung is the caller. It is.

"Seungri!"

"Hyung. I had to check for a minute that it is you,  who is calling.  You never call me this early. And city hall? What is going on?"

"Do you want to be the first person to witness me getting married or not?"

"Mworago? Chincha? To who?"

"Get your here and find out!"

"OK. I'll  be right there.  Don't start without me."

Jiyong hears Seungri fall off the bed before he disconnects the call. He chuckles which makes Dara look at him with one eyebrow raised.

"What did you do? Was that Seungri?"

"Yup. He fell of his bed." Jiyong answers still chuckling.

"He fell? Is he OK?" 

"He's fine. It will take a lot more than that to get him down. Actually there is one person that can take him down pretty easily."

 "Really? Who?"

"Do you have to ask?'

"Chaerinnie?"

"Yup."

"Hmmm...really?" Dara thinks about how to let the couple get together. Then she remembers that they need a 2nd witness. She doesn't know who to call next.

"Ji...who's gonna be the second witness?"

"Let me see... maybe my noona can get away from Chaerin and Jira for a little bit? Or maybe they haven't met yet."

"Do you think she'll be okay that we're doing this? What if she thinks we're rushing it? I want her to like me, not hate me." Dara says with a frown.

"My sister is not gonna hate you. And I think she'll be happy to witness this. Let me call her."

Jiyong dials his sister's number and waits for her to answer.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Noona?"

"What's up, dongsaeng?"

"What are you doing?"

"Duh...I'm on my my way to meet Chaerin and Jira at the mall."

"Oh good... you're not with them with yet."

"What's this about Ji?"

"Well, I need a favor. Can you stop by the city hall before you go to the mall?"

"City hall? Wae? What's there?"

"Your baby brother getting married?"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!" Jiyong winces as he pulls the phone away from his ear. Dara who was standing next to Jiyong heard it too.

"Aishhh noona! You almost broke my eardrum."

"Mian. Chincha? You're getting married? What about eomma and appa?"

"Well, we were thinking of registering the marriage now and having the ceremony later when Dee's family gets here. Then we can have eomma and appa there too, along with everybody else. It's just... we need two witnesses to register the marriage. If you can't come, then I can find someone else."

"Yah! Don't you dare! I wouldn't miss this for the world. I'll text Chaerin that I'll be late then I'll be on my way."

"Ok. See you then."

Jiyong hangs up and faces Dara. "Did you hear that?"

"I heard the scream..."

"Scream for joy. She said she wouldn't miss it for the world."

Dara wants to believe him but she is still unsure of how his sister would react. She remembers how welcoming she was the other day but she might have changed her mind about Dara because of this impromptu wedding. 

A few minutes later, a harried but presentable Seungri arrives at city hall. Just as he reaches the top of the stairs, a cab pulls over and Dami starts rushing up the steps too. 

Seungri reaches the city hall lobby, panting. Meanwhile, Dami still looks poised. As soon as she sees her brother and Dara, she grins and runs to them. The couple is surprised when she runs and hugs Dara instead of her brother.

"I'm so happy. I've been wanting a sister in so long." Dami remarks.

"Eiii...noona!"

Dami pulls away from hugging Dara but keeps one arm around the other girl.

"What? It's true. I love you brother mine but I think me and my new sister are gonna be best buddies."

"I'm hurt noona." Jiyong pouts. Dami chuckles at her brother's antics. She goes to hug her brother. "You know I love you. You'll always be my baby brother. But you had Seungri growing up and I've always wanted a sister." Dami looks towards Dara and asks,"That's okay, right Dara?"

Dara can feel her eyes misting by the ready acceptance that she got from Dami. Overwhelmed by emotion, all she could do was nod.

Everything went swimmingly. An hour later and they were officially Mr. & Mrs. Kwon.

After the city hall, Dami went to meet Jira and Chaerin at the mall. Seungri wanted to tag along with the newlyweds but that idea was shot down by Jiyong pretty quick. Since Jiyong still had some shopping to do, they went to a different mall. So there would be no chance that they would ruin the surprise for Jira. Jiyong wanted to buy everything for his daughter and Dara had to stop him multiple times so he wouldn't go overboard.

END OF FLASHBACK

Jiyong feels Dara stirring next to him. He smiles as he sees the blush creeping up her cheeks.

"Good morning jagiya!" Jiyong says with a grin.

Dara could feel her cheeks turning red and tries to hide her face on Jiyong's chest. 

Jiyong chuckles and puts his finger under her chin to tilt her face up so he can look in her eyes.

"I said good morning, jagiya. Why are you hiding from me?"

Dara moves to cover and whispers, "Because I'm feeling shy and I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

Jiyong pulls her hand off and gives her a soft kiss on the lips. "I don't care. I want to kiss my wife."

He goes back for a second kiss and lingers a little bit longer. Dara although caught off guard the first time, was sorta ready for the second kiss. She kisses him back with all the love she feels for him. He deepens the kiss and wraps his arms around her. They stopped when they both had to come up for air. Dara looks at the clock and sees that it's 6:20. She wants to stay in bed with Jiyong but she knows any minute, her daughter is gonna wake up soon because it's Christmas day. She pushes Jiyong gently. 

"Wae?"

"We have to get up, Ji."

"But you feel so good here in my arms."

"I know. I wanna stay too but you know we're not alone, right?"

"Yeah, I know. Our little princess. Do you think she'll be ok that I'm here?"

"Your daughter is a very smart girl. And she's a lot like me. If I love you, then I know she's gonna love you too."

"You're right. Let's go get ready."

The two adults get up reluctantly from their bed and started getting dressed.

They tiptoe out of the room careful not to make any sound down the hallway. Dara peeks into her daughter's room and sees her princess still asleep. She knows her little girl is gonna wake up soon, so she puts her pointer finger to her lips and motions for Jiyong to follow her quietly. The couple creeps across the living room towards the kitchen. Jiyong smiles when he sees their first Christmas tree all decked out with gifts galore for his princess underneath it.

Dara gets started on breakfast while Jiyong sits on the chair watching her. He tried to help but she made him sit in the chair. Dara had just finished making breakfast, when they hear the soft pitter patter of little feet on the floor. 

Somewhere in the North Pole, Christmas Day...

Santa has just come back from delivering all the presents to the good girls and good boys around the world. 

Our two favorite elves are seen collapsed on a couch at the workshop.

*sigh* "Finally! This season is over. Time for a vacation!" said Minzy.

"I know. I am so ready for the 3 month break that starts today."

"Me too, sunbae. This year was pretty special. We got the chance to go to the mainland and personally help out with a little girl's wish come true."

"I know. That was good."

"I wonder if she got her Christmas wish yet."

Daesung looks at Minzy then looks in the direction of Santa's office. He leans forward from the couch and raises an eyebrow.

"Do you think we should ask Santa if we can watch?"

Minzy straightens up at the idea. "You think he'll let us?"

Daesung stands up from the couch and offers a hand to Minzy to pull her up.

"Let's go find out."

The duo made their way towards Santa's office. Before they can knock though, they hear Santa's voice.

"Get in here you too! You're about to miss it!"

Daesung and Minzy looked at each other and almost ran inside. They see Santa and Mrs. Claus already sitting on the couch. There were throw pillows and blankets on the floor at their feet, just the way Daesung and Minzy likes it.

"We've been waiting for you guys forever." Mrs.Claus said with a smile.

"Sorry Mrs. C. We didn't know." Daesung says with a bow.

"I know you guys did a pretty good job helping me with grant this wish. I think it's only fair that you see the outcome."

"Kamsahamnida Santa!"

"Come on, make yourselves comfortable. It's about to start."

The screen turns on and it shows the living room in Park Jira's condo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little Jira walks cautiously towards the living room to check and see if Santa came and maybe her wish came true. Her small mouth forms a small "o" as she sees the Christmas tree with all the gifts underneath. She knows those presents weren't there when she went to bed last night. But she frowns when she sees that the thing she wished for was not there. She was still staring at the tree when she notices a reflection on the floor. She follows it as it moves across the floor and up the tree. Finally, she looks behind her and sees her mom drinking a cup of coffee. But the thing that caught her eye was the ring on her mom's finger. Her eyes widen and runs towards her mom. She grabs Dara's hand to get a closer look at the ring. She's never seen her mom wear anything like it and it looks like the rings she's seen in movies. 

"Eomma?"

Dara smiles nervously and kneels down before her daughter so they can see eye to eye. Jira is still holding her hand and looking at the ring.

"Jira?"

"Hmmm?"

"Remember when I asked you if your dad promises to not make me cry, would you still meet him?"

"Neh..."

"Do you still want to?" Jira looks into her mom's eyes.

"Is he here?"

"Yes. He is." 

At that moment, Jiyong takes a deep breath and walks towards the living room. Jira hears the steps on the floor and looks up to see the man who is her real dad. Ji-appa? I was right. Ji appa is my real appa!

Jiyong looks at his daughter's serious expression. Omo, I hope she's ok with me being her dad.

He bites his lip nervously as he sees his daughter look at him with the same expression.

Dara watches her daughter with apprehension too. Please baby, don't make it too hard on your daddy.

Suddenly Jiyong watches his daughter, as if in slow motion, run towards him with tears glistening in her eyes. Jiyong instinctively kneels down to catch the little girl in his arms. 

Jira doesn't know why but tears started to run down her cheeks as she hugs her Ji appa tightly. Jiyong felt the same way, his eyes started to feel watery as he hugged his daughter back. So many emotions in a short amount of time. Dara looks at the two most important people in her world together at last. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't stop her tears of joy from falling too.

"Appa...wae ijesoya?" (dad, why did you come just now?)

"Jira-ya, appa-ga mianhada." (Jira, dad is sorry.) "Appa is sorry for taking so long to come back to you and your eomma."

Jira looks at him through his eyes. "You're really here, right?" Her little hands traces the wet spot where her dads tears fell. "You're here to stay?"

"Do you want me to?"

"Are you gonna make eomma cry?"

"I wasn't planning on it. I'm sorry for making your eomma cry before. I didn't mean to. I'm promise that I'm gonna try my very best not to make you or your eomma cry."

She sees the sincerity in her dad's eyes. She still can't believe that her Ji appa is her real appa. 

"You never answered my question."

"Eh?" Jira looks at Jiyong, confusion written on her face.

"Do you want appa to stay?"

She looks at her mom, as if to ask if it's okay with her. She sees her mom's tears and was concerned for a bit then she notices her mom's smile. Her mom nods as if to answer her silent question. Jira looks back at her dad and flashes him her trademark gummy smile.

"Yes appa! I want you to stay!"

"Well, then I'm here to stay!"

"Yay! My appa is here! Best Christmas ever!"

Jiyong laughs and hugs his daughter once more. Then he walks towards Dara with their daughter still in his arms, and hugs her too.

Wow, my life is now complete. I have my wonderful wife and wonderful daughter here with me. I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

This is what I've always dreamed of. For Jiyong and me and Jira to be finally a family together. This is the best Christmas present I could ever hope for.!

Thank you Santa. My wish came true. Next year, I want a baby brother or baby sister for Christmas, OK?

 

 

 

THE  END