ACS-Chapter 5

A Christmas Story

Incheon International Airport

A man is seen running towards the doors in a hurry. A younger man is trying to steadily run after him. The first guy looks at the monitors and sees the gate where he needs to go.

"Sir... sir!!! Mr. Kwon!" 

The man turns his head to look at the younger man following him. 

"What is it Seungyoon?"

*pant* "Sir..." *inhale* *pant* 

"Aissht...what is it? You're gonna make me late."

"I just...I needed...to...keep...up."

"Well, you should have reminded me of the time so we wouldn't have had to hurry."

*pant* "I tried...sir!"

"Come on! You know how she hates being made to wait!"

"Ok...sir...I'm fine now."

"Let's go!" 

Jiyong resumes running towards the place where the passengers disembark from the plane. One thing about being a Kwon is you get to have a bit of a pass to some places like getting to meet whoever you're meeting inside the airport and not just at the arrival gate. Poor Seungyoon was stuck trying to catch up to his boss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other side of the airport. The plane from Houston, Texas has just landed. People are disembarking from the plane left and right. Since it was close to the holidays, there were a lot of passengers eager to get home. Dara held Jira's hand while Jira is clutching her favorite stuffed bunny. 

"There's a lot of people here today. I wonder if Chaerin is here already. Hang on. Don't let go of me, Jira, Ok?" 

"I won't eomma."

Dara steps to the side to get out of the way for a bit. She puts Jira's hand on her coat while she rummages through her purse for her phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were not the only ones there. Not too far from the mother and daughter is a pair of elves trying to locate them. 

"Where are they? Do you see them?" Daesung asked.

Minzy rolls her eyes and scanned the area once more. "I'm looking for them. You just asked me 2 minutes ago. Just chill. We'll find them."

"I told you we should have come here earlier. There's too many people around. Are you sure you got the flight times right?"

"With all your nagging, I double...no make that triple checked and quadruple checked it and we got it right. The plane just got here."

"And are you sure Kwon Jiyong is coming to this airport too?"

"Yes I'm sure." Minzy sees the familiar blond tipped hair come into view. "See... there's Jiyong now! Now, all we need is Jira!"

Daesung looks at where Minzy is pointing and spots Dara from afar. "There they are! I see them. Ok, how do we do this?"

Minzy looks at where Daesung is staring. She thinks for a minute and gets an idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyong is looking at the arrival gate for the flight from Osaka, Japan. The plane has been delayed for a few minutes so he's patiently waiting for her to arrive. 

A few meters away, Jira is holding on to her mom's coat while her mom is talking to her Aunt Chaerin. She has never met this Aunt Chaerin but she has heard her mom and Aunt Bommie talk about her before. She's her mom's best friend.

A sudden rush of passengers from another flight that just landed came through and one of them knocked Jira's bunny away. 

Jira let go of her mom's coat and tried to go after the bunny. But whenever she got close, it got kicked away. Like an invisible string was pulling it. Meanwhile in a not so distant location, with Minzy guiding the bunny, Daesung was using his magic to make sure the girl was not trampled on by other people.

Jira was following the bunny when she saw it stop at a man's shoes. The man looked down and saw the stuffed bunny at his feet. He stooped down to pick it up and looked around. A few seconds later, he felt a tugging on his coat. He looked down again and saw a cute little girl with brown eyes and soft brown hair. For a moment he was stunned by the fast beating of his heart. This would have been what he imagined their daughter would look like if he and Dara had a kid. But they didn't so he shook the thought away. He looked at the little girl again.

"Can I have my bunny back mister?"

He smiled at her pleading eyes that reminded him of eyes he used to look at a long time ago. He knelt down on one knee so he could talk to her eye to eye.

"Is this yours? Are you sure? What's her name?"

She pouted. Damn...same pout as her. "She's a he and his name is Tamtam. And it's mine because it has my name on it. See?"

She pointed to a stitched name on the bunny's foot.

"So your name is Jira?"

"I'm not supposed to tell my name to strangers."

Jiyong chuckled. "Then how am I supposed to know if you really own this bunny?" 

"Mister...please? My mom will get mad at me."

Jiyong was about to ask her more questions when they both heard a voice behind him.

"Ji! I've been looking everywhere for you."

Jiyong looked behind him and Jira took the opportunity to grab her bunny and run. Jiyong was caught off guard by the little girl running that we has still on his knee when the woman approached him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ji! What the hell are you doing?"

Jiyong turned and smiled at the new arrival. He stood up and brushed off his pants. Then he walked towards the new arrival gave her a big hug.

"Noona!!!" He was grinning like a little boy, Dami couldn't help but smile at her younger brother.

"Aigooo!!! What brought out this aegyo Jiyongie?"

"Can't I just miss my noona?"

"You know that only works on two people right? You told me, that me and Dara are the only ones who fell for your aegyo."

Jiyong's smile disappeared and Dami noticed it.

"Still? I thought by this time you would have moved on."

"I don't know what you're talking about noona." Jiyong said with his straight face on.

"You may have been able to keep it from eomma and appa or other people, but you know you can't lie to me. Not anymore."

Jiyong grabbed his sister's carry-on and started walking towards baggage claim. Dami followed him with concern etched on her forehead. 

"You never did tell me if you found her or not."

"It was a long time ago noona. Let it go. Aissht... I knew I shouldn't have come to you that night I got drunk." 

"If you hadn't then I wouldn't have found out my baby brother was hurting. I just wished you had confided in me while you guys were going out. I wanted to meet the woman who stole my brother's heart."

"Ei noona! It was a long time ago. Let it be."

They reached the baggage claim area where Seungyoon was waiting for them. He had walked ahead of them and got Dami's luggages ready.

"By the way, what were you doing earlier, kneeling on the floor?"

"Oh, that..." Jiyong smiled as he remembered the cute little munchkin that he met. "I was talking to this cute little munchkin after her bunny landed on my feet."

Dami smiled after seeing her brother wistfully smiling. "Little munchkin eh? Are you sure she wasn't a y, beautiful girl?"

"Get your mind out of the gutter noona. She's a beautiful girl alright. She'll probably grow into a y, beautiful girl someday. But not anytime soon.  She was only probably 5 or 6 years old."

"Okay...just making sure."

"Let's go home."