ACS-Chapter 15

A Christmas Story

Minzy sits on her chair where she has a clear view of the restrooms. From this angle, she can see when the mother and daughter will come out. She wonders what she can do to make their plan succeed. As luck would have it, she sees Kiko and her posse about to walk in front of her just as Dara and Jira walked out. Without another thought, Minzy grabs her bottled water, unscrews the cap and breaks into a run. As she nears Kiko, she pretends to trip and effectually spilling her water down the front of Kiko's shirt.

Minzy looked aghast and started bowing while saying, " Joesonghamnida, joesonghamnida."

"Yah! Did you just...why don't you watch where you're going?"

"Joesonghamnida. I thought I saw a friend of mine."

"Are you stupid or something? Who runs with an open drink in their hand?"

"Joesonghamnida..." Minzy still bowing in front of Kiko. Minzy walks away and sends a message to Daesung.

"Arrgh...move! Can this day get any worse?"

Kiko stomps her way towards the restrooms, still trying to check the damage on her shirt. She runs right into Jira who was walking a bit ahead of her mom.

Jira falls back but doesn't cry. Dara sees her daughter tumble and was immediately by her side.

"Jira, gwaenchanha?"  Dara says while frantically inspecting if there's any cuts or bruise on the little girl.

"Nan gwaenchanha eomma."

"Arrghh...why is everybody in the way?" Kiko exclaims. She doesn't even look back.

Dara gets irritated when she heard what Kiko just said. She didn't really see who bumped into her daughter and frankly she doesn't care who they are. They just need to apologize. After making sure that Jira was ok, she pulls her daughter standing up and proceeds to follow Kiko. She tries to be calm, she always tell her daughter that fighting is not the solution. She is seriously re-thinking that lesson right now.

"Excuse me."

Kiko doesn't even listen and kept on moving. Dara walks a bit more faster in front of Kiko which stops the latter.

"Excuse me, I believe you owe my daughter an apology."

Dara huffs and finally takes a good look at the person in front of her. She is shocked to find Kiko Mizuhara. She never thought she would cross paths with her again. Kiko looks at Dara with distaste. Something seems familiar but she can't put her finger on it just yet.

Kiko scoffs at Dara's remark. "Apology? Why should I apologize, she's the one who was in my way."

"I believe we were on the right of way. You weren't looking at where you were going."

"Ugh...how dare you talk to me that way! You shouldn't have let your brat get in my way."

Kiko tries to move away from Dara. Dara tried to be calm but hearing Kiko's words irritated her. 

"My daughter is not a brat! Apologize!" 

She grabs Kiko's hand which makes the latter stare at her. A dawn of recognition appears on Kiko's face. She finally remembers the woman in front of her.

"Well, well, well...if it isn't the little mouse who thought she was Jiyong's girlfriend five years ago. I knew it was all a lie. I never saw you with Jiyong after that day. Guess you knew you were no match for me huh. Why would he waste his time on you when he had a taste of someone like me that night? Remember? I believe you heard us too since you were sitting there like a log in the living room."

Dara was speechless at what Kiko was saying. Seeing her shocked expression, Kiko continues.

"So I guess you found someone else to father that brat of yours? I'm surprised anybody wanted you."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, while Dara went to confront Kiko, Jira was looking at her mom. She's never seen her mom mad like that. Then she notices Jiyong emerge from the male restrooms. Daesung was a bit behind him having just received Minzy's message. Jira runs toward Jiyong.

"Appa... appa... Ji appa!"

Jiyong smiles when he hears Jira call him appa. But a frown forms when he hears the frantic tone of her voice.

He walks a bit faster closing the gap quicker then he kneels down to Jira's height.

"What's wrong?"

"Appa! I think eomma might have  to fight somebody."

"What? What happened? Where is she?"

"She's over there. This ahjumma, bumped into me and she didn't say sorry. I've never seen eomma mad like that."

Jira looks like she's close to tears. Jiyong hugs her then looks in her eyes.

"Everything will be ok. Your eomma is the most levelheaded person I know. Le's go get her."

Jiyong picks Jira up and carries her. He then walks towards the spot where Dara was. Hearing that someone bumped into his daughter and not apologizing is also getting on his nerves. Nobody messes with his family and gets away with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, well, well...if it isn't the little mouse who thought she was Jiyong's girlfriend five years ago. I knew it was all a lie. I never saw you with Jiyong after that day. Guess you knew you were no match for me huh. Why would he waste his time on you when he had a taste of someone like me that night? Remember? I believe you heard us too since you were sitting there like a log in the living room."

Jiyong's mouth turns into a straight line. He could see Dara's shocked expression. Beneath the shock, he could see the fire. There's his feisty baby girl. He was about to say something but then Kiko continued talking.

"So I guess you found someone else to father that brat of yours? I'm surprised anybody wanted you."

"You can insult me all you want but never insult my daughter."

"Hah! Pathetic. Like mother, like daughter. Where is she by the way? Did you lose her?"

Dara looked around her. She thought Jira was by her side. She cannot lose her again. When she heard a voice behind Kiko.

"No she didn't lose her. My daughter came to get me because she was afraid her mom might need moral support."

Kiko whirled to face the voice behind her. She knows that voice. Color drained from her face when she saw Jiyong. 

"Ji...Jiyong? Kwon Jiyong?"

"Kiko Mizuhara. I believe you've met my fiancee & my daughter."

"What?"

"You remember my girlfriend, now fiancee, Sandara Park. And this is my daughter, Jira. The little girl you knocked over without an apology."

Kiko saw the anger in Jiyong's face. She's never seen it in person, but she's met enough workers at Kwon Enterprises and heard enough stories about the dragon's ire. What was it they said about it? Did people say it started 5 years ago? Did it start after that night?

Kiko starts to feel fear. Kiko feels like if looks could kill, she would have been dead by now.

"Jiyong-sshi..."

"Kiko-sshi, I think we need to talk. Follow me."

Kiko looks behind at her entourage and all they do is shrug. They know that Kwon Enterprises is one of their biggest clients. They can't afford to piss him off. She glances at Dara, but all she could see was concern for Jiyong while she's holding on to her daughter. She has no choice but to follow the fuming dragon.

After they reach a semi private area, Jiyong turns around to face Kiko. His face in a scowl.

"Ok Kiko-sshi, I think we're far enough away so we can talk privately. I only caught bits and pieces of your conversation with my fiancee. But I am curious about that day you were talking about. I've been racking my brain trying to think of a place where you and her might meet but I'm coming up blank. Please enlighten me on the subject. When did you meet my fiancee?"

Kiko's fingers start to fidget. "Umm...ah...um..."

"Miss Mizuhara, I don't have all day! What day were you talking about with my fiancee?"

"Why don't you ask her then?" Kiko said defiantly.

"I will when we get home. But since you're here, I wanna hear your side too. When did you meet my fiancee?"

Kiko feels a bit scared with Jiyong's stare. The faster this conversation ends, the better.

"I met her the night of your company's launch party five years ago. You were so drunk I volunteered to take you home. You were so out of it, you were a bit frisky."

"Frisky? I would never have done that."

"Well, like I said you were drunk and you were trying to get me into bed. I would have let you if you hadn't kept calling me by a different name. We didn't do anything but it was a few minutes before you passed out."

"Then what happened?"

"I came out of your room and I saw her outside your door. I asked her who she was and she told me she was your girlfriend. You've never introduced her to us so I just thought she was delusional. I mean...she was so plain looking. There was no way she was who she was claiming to be. And I never saw her again after that day so I just thought I was right. She was pretending or wishing she was your girl and you finally set her straight."

Jiyong's mind goes back to that faithful day when he last saw Dara. How broken she looked, with dried tears down her cheeks.

Jiyong clenched his fists down his sides.

"What else? When I saw Dara that day, she looked so sad. She knows I love her. What did you do to her?"

"I didn't hurt her if that's what you're implying. I just..."

"What?"

"I might have made her think that something happened between us. I didn't know how long she was there. She came to her conclusion on her own."

If he hadn't gotten drunk, there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding.

"Thank you for telling me about this Miss Mizuhara. I wouldn't be so bad to break all contact with your company and mine. But we'll keep our distance from each other in the near future. You almost cost me my family. Thank God for second chances. You may go."

Kiko got the message loud and clear and made haste in her exit. Jiyong calmed himself down before going back to his fiancee and daughter.