ACS-Chapter 11

A Christmas Story

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I've been a bit busy lately. Hope you like this chapter.

Jiyong's thought's/POV = blue italics; Dara's thought's/POV = red italics; Jira's thought's/POV = purple italics

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, while both parents are in deep thought. Jira looks at her mom and her possible dad. She remembers her Aunt Chaerin calling Ji ahjusshi, 'Jiyong oppa' and she thinks her mom called him 'Jiyong' too. 

Could it be? Is it really him? Is this my dad, Kwon Jiyong? But why aren't they saying anything. *sigh* How long do I have to wait?

Jira keeps a close eye on her mom and possible dad. 

Jiyong is anxious to reveal himself to his daughter. But after thinking about what Dara said about easing Jira into it, he decides to play it by ear.

"So Jira, how do you like Seoul so far?"

"I like it Ji ahjusshi. I know I just came today but I've seen a lot of cool stuff. And I met new friends too."

"That's good."

Jira then looks pensive. "Ji ahjusshi..."

"Hmmm?"

"Ji ahjusshi, you and eomma were friends, right?"

"Yes?"

"Will I see you again?" 

Dara's face registered shock for a minute. 

"Do you want to see me again?"

"Neh! You are my first friend here in Seoul."

"What about me Jira?" Chaerin asked with a pout.

"Aunt Chaerin, you're my aunt. You're family." Chaerin smiles at that remark. "Ji ahjusshi is the first person I met when I came here."

"What about me, Jira? Am I not your friend too?"  It was Dami's turn to pout. 

Jira laughs. She didn't know grown ups look cute when they pout. 

"Dami ahjumma, you're my friend too. You're my second friend here in Seoul."

Dami smiles but she makes a face at the word, ahjumma.

"Awww...that's nice. But can you call me like Aunt Dami instead? Dami ahjumma makes me sound so old."

"Ei...how come you get to be called Aunt Dami and I get called Ji ahjusshi? I'm younger than you." Jiyong whines which earns him a playful swat from his sister.

Jira giggles at the antics of the two siblings. Jiyong turns to Jira and now it's his turn to pout.

"If she gets to be called Aunt Dami, then I want to be called Uncle Jiyong...no wait! Call me Ji appa or Papa Ji!"

Dara was shocked at what Jiyong said. She wonders what is going through Ji's mind and what her daughter's reaction would be.

"Appa? Ji appa or Papa Ji? Hmmm..."

"Jira..." Dara was about to reprimand Jira when the latter spoke.

"I think I like Ji appa the best!"

Jira beams at her decision. She smiles that gummy smile she inherited from her father. Jiyong on the other hand was shocked and elated at the same time. Hearing his daughter call him "appa" made him feel like the king of the world. He smiles his trademark gummy smile too.

Dara, seeing father & daughter looking so much alike, almost made her break down in tears. 

I shouldn't have kept her from him. I don't blame him if he wants to take Jira away from me. But I hope he doesn't. I don't know what I'll do if I lose my baby. But I will let him be there for her if he wants to.

Chaerin & Dami were looking at the little family before their eyes. Seeing it up close, you can't mistake the resemblance between Jira & Jiyong. Dami also noticed how Dara was trying to keep her emotions at bay. She reaches over to pat Dara's hand which shocks Dara for a moment. Dara then relaxes when she gets the message.

"Auntie Dami, Ji appa, you want to come over to see my room? Auntie Chaerin decorated it for me."

"Jira sweetie, they might be too busy today & we haven't really unpacked yet."

"I would love to Jira but I still have some unpacking to do too." Dami tells Jira.

"Actually, unnie, I have some stuff to do at the office. So I might have to drive you home then go." Chaerin says to Dara.

"Ji Appa?" Jira looks at Jiyong and gives him an adorable puppy eyes with a cute pout.

Dara is a little taken aback by it. This was the first time she's seen her daughter do this.

Meanwhile, Jiyong couldn't help but smile at his daughter. Seeing her pout reminded him of someone who used to do it to him a long time ago. And if he could never say no to her then, how can he say no to her mini-me.

"I think I can come for a little bit. In fact, Chaerin, if you really have to go to your office, I can drive Dee and Jira home."

Before Dara could protest, Chaerin already replied

"Really Ji oppa? That would be a great help for me."

"You know what Ji? I can catch a ride with Chaerin and you can drive Dara & Jira home."

"Are you sure noona? I can drop you off too."

"Yes! You don't have to that, unnie. You came here with Ji. We don't want to inconvenience you."

Please say yes. Otherwise I don't know what to talk about in the car.

Please say no. I want to spend some alone time with my daughter and her mom.

Dami knows her brother well enough to know what he wants her to do. 

Sorry Dara, but you and my brother have a lot of things to talk about, Dami says to herself.

"No! Besides I haven't seen Chaerin in a long time. There's some stuff I've been meaning to talk to about with her. I think you guys need to go soon. I think, princess is ready to rest." 

Both Jiyong and Dara turned to look at their daughter. Jira is still eating her ice cream but you can also see that she's struggling to stay awake. Guess jet lag is finally catching up.

Dara moves closer to her daughter. "Jira honey, are you ready to go?"

Jira looks at her mom and nods. "Uh huh."

"Ok, I guess it's time to go." Dara grabs her purse and slings it on her shoulder. She turns to pick up Jira but Jiyong beat her to it. Jiyong picks up Jira from the chair as if he's done it a million times already. Jira leans on Jiyong's shoulder as if she knew that the person holding her is her father.

"Ok, Dami noona. I guess we're going. Call me when you get home safe ok?"

"Arasso. Drive safe you guys."

"It was nice to finally meet you Dami unnie." 

"Nice meeting you too Dara. And don't be a stranger ok? This won't be the last time we'll see each other."

Dara was going for a handshake but Dami shocked her when she was pulled into a hug.

"I've always wanted to have a little sister." Dami whispers to Dara then she releases her from the hug.

Dara was shocked and she didn't know what to say.

"Oh, by the way Dara, give me your phone number so we can meet again sometime."

Dara keys her number into Dami's phone.

"There it is."

"Good, We'll set up a lunch date sometime later ok?"

"Uhm...ok. See you again Dami unnie. I'll call you later Chaerinnie."

"Ok, see you later Dara unnie, Jiyong oppa. Bye Jira." Chaerin waves goodbye. Jira lifts her head up a little and gives a little wave to Dami and Chaerin. Then she snuggles back down to Jiyong's shoulder.

As the family leaves, Dami sighs and turns to Chaerin.

"They make a cute family, don't they?"

Chaerin gasps at Dami's remark. "Dami unnie...I..."

Dami smirks that infamous Kwon smirk.

"You don't have to say anything, Chaerin. You can't mistake the resemblance between the two especially with that smile. And I did the math. Dara doesn't seem like the type of person who would jump from one bed to another so I know that Jira is Jiyong's daughter. Am I right?"

Chaerin was shocked, she opened to deny it but then thought otherwise. All Chaerin could do was sigh.

"I don't know what happened with those two but I hope they work it out for Jira's sake. I won't say anything to our parents. I'll let them do that. I really can't wait to welcome them to the family officially."

Dami says wistfully. She then realizes that Chaerin hasn't said a word.

"Omo...omo...mianhe Chaerin-ah for putting you on the spot like that. I just had to say it out loud. And sorry for imposing a ride from you. I just thought those two needed more time to talk. I can get a ride somewhere else."

"No, no no...I don't mind giving you a ride. I thought the same way too so I don't really have to go to the office just yet."

"Chincha-yo? Ok, cool. Let's catch up then. What happened to you and that idiot cousin of mine?"