ACS-Chapter20

A Christmas Story

A/N: Warning! Cheesiness overload. :D

Dara and Jiyong stayed at the Kwon mansion for a while. Now, they're on their way to the mall to buy gifts for Jira.

Dara still can't believe how Jiyong's parents accepted her so readily. She thought about how Jiyong's mom was so curious about them that she was asking questions nonstop. She was like a giddy school girl, which was totally different from what Dara first thought of her. Dara smiles when she thought of how Jiyong's mom started pulling out one of Ji's baby albums.

Jiyong happened to glance at Dara at that moment.

"What are you thinking of?"

"How cute you were when your eomma gave you your first bath."

Jiyong blushes. "Ugh...why did eomma have to show her those pics? So embarassing." Jiyong muttered to himself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." Jiyong sees the City Hall coming up ahead. He turns the car towards it. 

"Ji? Where are we going?"

Jiyong parks the car at a parking space and kills the engine.

"Ji? This is city hall. What are we doing here?"

Jiyong unbuckle his seat belt and turns towards Dara. He grasps both of her hands in his.

"Dee..."

"Hmmm?"

"You know I love you right?"

"Yes."

"Do you love me?"

"You know I do. Yongie, what's going on?"

"I was gonna wait...but seeing how you were accepted readily by my parents, I don't think I want to wait any longer."

"What is it? You're sorta scaring me."

Jiyong pulls out a piece of paper from his coat pocket. 

FLASHBACK

While the ladies are talking in the living room, Jiyong follows his dad to his dad's home office. As soon as the door closes, the elder Kwon turns towards his son and speaks.

"She seems like a nice young lady,"

"She is."

"I want to get to know her more but for now I'll let your mom have her moment with her."

Jiyong looks back towards the closed door. "Are you sure it's wise leaving her with mom?"

"Your mom's not going to do anything Jiyong. She's sincere about accepting her."

"I know...I'm just...I don't want to lose her. She's my everything, dad."

"You really love her that much?"

"Yes."

"So what are your plans?"

Jiyong pulls a piece of paper from his jacket pocket.

"I've had this with me since I woke up this morning. I actually had this five years ago before she left me. I've filled out most of it. I want to register our marriage today. I want your blessing."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes."

"Well, you have mine. But you still have to ask your eomma."

"I know. Do you think she'll say yes?"

"It is your life, son. You make the ultimate decision. But you need to make sure Dara agrees too."

"I hope she does."

Jiyong's mom knocks to enter the office.

"What are you boys doing here? Yeobo, you do know we have a guest, right?"

"I know. Your son has something he wants to ask you. Let me go get to know my future daughter-in-law for a bit."

Jiyong's dad goes out to where Dara is while Jiyong's mom turns to see what her son wants from her.

"What is your dad talking about, Jiyong?"

"Eomma...what do you think of Dara?"

"She's a nice girl. She seems very much in love with you. I like her."

"Like her enough to let me marry her?"

Jiyong's mom looks at him with her trademark one eyebrow raised. "I thought you told us last night, it didn't matter if you had our blessing or not. You'll still marry her."

Jiyong rubs the back of his neck and his mom stares at him. When he's like this, his mom thinks of how he always does this out of habit when he was nervous. 

"Yeah, I did. And I will marry her, I would rather have your blessing though. I don't want this to cause a rift in the family."

Jiyong's mom smiled. Her baby boy is all grown up. She turns to him and smiles.

"Of course, you have our blessing. She's a remarkable woman. To have raised a child on her own is something I admire. I can't wait to meet my granddaughter."

Jiyong smiles at the mention of Jira. "Me too. You're gonna love her too, eomma. She's a real cutie."

"I hope we get to meet her soon."

"As soon as I can arrange it, you will."

Jiyong pulls his mom into a hug. 

"Kamsahamnida eomoni."

END OF FLASHBACK

Dara watches Jiyong pull the piece of paper out of his coat pocket.She sees that he's nervous about something. She unbuckles her seat belt to be able to look at him directly.

What is going on? What's on that paper?

Jiyong looks at Dara and he couldn't help but think of how lucky he is to have found her again after so many years. And this time, he's not gonna let her go easily this time.

"What is it Ji?"

"Dee, will you marry me?"

Dara laughs. "Ji, I already said yes." 

"I know. But I'm asking, will you marry me now?"

"Now?"

"Yes. Now. This moment."

"How can we get married without our friends and familly?"

"Well, I was thinking of just registering our marriage license and have the ceremony with everybody later."

"Can we do that?"

"Apparently, we can."

"And you just happened to have a marriage license form with you?" Dara says with a smirk.

"I've been carrying it with me since I first proposed to you. Actually, I got this form five years ago. I just took it out of the safe when we met again."

Dara takes the piece of paper Jiyong was holding and examines it. "You've had this form five years ago?"

"Yeah." Jiyong nervously rubs the back of his neck, a habit Dara has noticed he's had when they were still dating.

Oh no. Did I sound like a loser when I said that?

He looks at Dara to see how she's going to react. When he sees Dara smiling, it feels like a weight was lifted off his chest.

"You wanted to marry me five years ago?" Dara smiles. Her eyes starts misting at all the emotion she's feeling.

"Yes. Actually I wanted to marry you since I first met you but then work happened and I just... I wanted to be sure I can give you everything you could ever want."

"All I ever wanted was you."

"All I ever wanted was you too. But I was afraid of being a disappointment to you. I wanted to be someone you can be proud of."

Dara reaches towards Jiyong and caresses his cheek.

"Oh honey, I am. I am proud of you. I love you."

"I just thought... I don't want to lose anymore time with you and Jira. I've missed 5 years of her life and 5 years of us being together. I want to wake up tomorrow morning, Christmas morning, and know that you are my wife legally and that you, me and Jira, we are a family."

"Awww...that's so sweet. Are you sure about this?"

"I've never been more sure of anything in my life."

Am I ready? Do I want to do this? Yes...this is Jiyong, the love of my life. I've been wanting to have a complete family with him forever.

"Then let's do it."

"Are you sure, Dee? You're not just doing this because I look pathetic right now, right?"

"Look, mister. I will not have you calling my husband pathetic."

 Jiyong's face breaks into his trademark gummy smile. 

"Your husband?'

"Yes! You got a problem with that?"

Jiyong pulls Dara into a big hug. "You have just given me the best Christmas gift in my entire life." 

"Oh that's all you want for Christmas?" Jiyong pulls away to look at Dara.

"What else could I have?"

Dara's mind takes her to a time from long ago and it makes her bite her lip. It takes a while for Jiyong to get her meaning.

"Oh! You mean I get y Time too?" His grin widens. 

Dara blushes and playfully swats Jiyong. "No! You ."

She bites her lip some more trying to hide the grin that threatens to escape her.

Jiyong pulls her into a kiss. And eventhough it's a bit uncomfortable in the car, she still melts into him. They kiss for a while. Then Jiyong pulls away again but doesn't go very far. He tilts Dara's chin so he can look into her eyes.

"I can wait till you're ready. I've waited for you for five years, I think I can wait a little while longer."

Dara couldn't believe it. "You mean, all this time you've never..."

"Nope."

"But you're a healthy young man, how can that be?"

"I guess my heart and body believe they are only meant for one person."

"But still... no one? After all this years?"

"I know it's a bit unbelievable, considering my cousin is Seungri. It's not like Seungri and the others haven't tried to get me to meet anybody. My heart is stubborn though, it wants nobody but you. I know I shouldn't ask because I may not like what I hear but I want to know, what about you? Was there ever anyone else after me?"

"No. I was really hurt when we broke up. After I found out I was pregnant with Jira, I just wanted to concentrate on being a good mom. I was also afraid of letting anyone close, after you. Bom tried to set me up on dates but I always found myself measuring them against you. You've ruined me for everyone else."

"You did the same for me, babe."

Dara smiled her beautiful smile and tugged on Jiyong's hand.

"Then what are we waiting for Mr. Kwon? Let's go and make an honest woman out of me."

Jiyong laughed. They got out of the car and they made their way into City Hall. 

As luck would have it, there wasn't a long line at the marriage registration desk, They were able to get it done relatively quick.

After city hall, the two lovebirds made their way to the mall to do the planned last minute Christmas shopping.

While Dara would be in another part of the store, Jiyong woul be picking out gifts for Dara on the sly..

At the same time, Dara would watch when Jiyong is distracted by the toy area, Dara wouls be buying presents for Jiyong .

After several hours later, Dara looks at all the bags Jiyong was holding.

"Ji, don't you think you overdid shopping for Jira?"

Jiyong looks dowm at his hands. "No, I don't think so. I think I need to go back and buy some more."

Jiyong turns towards the store but Dara laughs as she grabs Jiyong's arms to stop him.

"No, you don't. She's five Jiyong, this is already too much."

"But I've missed out on five years of birthdays and Christmas presents."

Dara feels a pang in her heart at his remark.

"I'm really sorry about that Ji."

"I understand Dee. I want to make sure that she gets everything she wants."

"The only thing she should ever want is your love."

"Oh, she has that in spades."

"Then, we're all set." 

"Are you sure I don't need to get more?"

Dara laughs and tugs on Jiyong's hand. "No, Ji...Let's go! Our baby is waiting."

Jiyong smiles as he hears the last line. They walk hand in hand towards the car with big smiles across their faces.

 

A/N: This story is ending. Last chapter is coming soon. I'm hoping I can finish this either tomorrow or the next few days. Thank you for reading my story.