Midnight Game

Say Something

Yoongi

We walked to a nearby sports field where also a basketball basket was. The air wasn’t cold and it was a beautiful night. I was looking forward to basketball. And the atmosphere while walking together was really comfortable. I walked slightly behind the others. I saw Hoseok purposely falling behind next to me. I knew that he would say something that would ruin my mood again.

“You okay?”

I sighed.

“Let’s not talk about it, now.” I said. He nodded and put one arm around my shoulders and said:

“Let’s build a team and beat the others.”

I laughed.

“You only want to team up with me, because I’m the best among us!”

“Keep on dreaming, sweet Suga.” he said and ruffled my hair.

 

Jimin

Hoseok had fallen behind to Yoongi and I was walking next to Jin and Namjoon. Jungkook and Taehyung were walking ahead.

“Did you talk to Yoongi in the room?” Namjoon asked silently.

“He said he was not hungry and refused to go and play with us, so I thought there must be something wrong.”

“What’s going on with him?”

“I’m sorry, I promised to not tell anyone."

“Okay…Do I have to worry?”

“It’ll be okay. I just think we should keep him in company to distract him.”

I was wondering what Yoongi had told him. I wondered how much Jin knew.

When we arrived at the sports field I pulled Jin aside. I looked at him. He was like a second mother to us. I trusted him. I really did.

“Jin…did Yoongi…tell you…” I sighed, but couldn’t end the sentence. I looked down.

“Yes, he did.”

I looked up surprised. I felt myself blush.

“What exactly did he tell you?” I asked nervously.

“He told me about his feelings for you and that you don’t requite them, because you’re in love with someone else.” he said calmly and I could see no judgement in his eyes at all. He loved us the way we were.

“That’s all?”

Now he looked suspicious.

“Yes…Is there something else I should know?” he asked. I asked myself why Yoongi hadn’t told him that there had been actually something going on between us. I bit my lip.

“Jimin, I see that there’s something. Tell me.”

I sighed and thought about what I would tell him and what not.

“Let’s talk about that later or tomorrow, okay?” I said, because I saw the others sending us gazes.

“Okay…” he said and looked a little worried. Then we walked to the others. We then discussed who’d be in a team with whom. Hoseok and Yoongi were standing there arms around their shoulders saying they’d definitely be in the same team. His mood seemed to be much better. He seemed to be the Yoongi he used to be. Should I be relieved that he was getting over me? Or should I feel hurt, although it was my own fault?

 

Yoongi

Surprisingly I was in a really good mood. Hoseok, basketball and the members were really lifting my mood. When Hoseok and I had announced to be in the same team, Jin and Namjoon had also stuck together. Taehyung joined them.

“We’ll be the team with three persons since Hoseok and I are better than you anyway. We’ll take Jungkook with us. Jimin is too short anyway.” I said and laughed. Namjoon hit me playfully and everyone laughed expect for Jimin who was just staring at me confused. I looked away. I didn’t want to think of Jimin. And it kind of didn’t feel right to act the way we did towards each other before all of it happened. I tried to focus all of my concentration on basketball.

After a few games we sat down on the ground and talked a little and joked around. Jin sat down next to me and patted my back. He smiled at me and I smiled back at him.

“You feel better?” he whispered.

“Yes.” I responded. “Thanks to you guys.” I added.

I saw how Jimin laughed with Jungkook and he seemed to be so happy that it was hurting me. I looked away. I knew it wouldn’t be easy. I knew it.