Flabbergasted

Say Something

Yoongi

I let go of Jimin and turned around. Hoseok looked just surprised. I couldn’t really interpret his expression. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. Hoseok broke out of his rigor, closed the door and locked it. I searched for our shirts, gave Jimin his and we put them back on. My heart was thumping heavily against my ribcage. I didn’t know whether it was still because of Jimin or because of anxiety. I leaned back against my desk to calm myself and awkwardly rubbed my neck.

“So…” Hoseok started. “Do you two like each other?”

“It’s not like that.” I immediately responded, but when I looked at Jimin’s facial expression, I regretted it. I shifted uncomfortably in my position.

“It’s not like that?” Hoseok repeated my words and let out a short laughter.

“You were all over each other and now you’re visibly dying of embarrassment. You can’t tell me it’s not like that.”

We hushed for a moment and then Jimin spoke up.

“I’m sorry, hyung. It’ll never happen again, it was a mistake.” he said and bowed and approached the door. Now, I was feeling kind of hurt. Hoseok stopped him.

“You’re going nowhere. We’re gonna talk this out, now. The way I see it, you both aren’t aware of each other’s feelings…look at how you’re both hurting each other with your words.”

Hoseok led us to the middle of the room and we sat down on the floor. Jimin and I were still hushing, so Hoseok started to talk.

“Are you a couple?”

“No.” we both answered at the same time.

“Are you gay?”

“No.” we both said again.

“But you like each other?!” It was rather a statement than a question. I looked at Jimin and I knew my answer. We both nodded in embarrassment. Hoseok started to smile and I was surprised.

“Guys, there’s nothing wrong with it. Well, maybe you shouldn’t go around making out in front of the reporters, but if you like each other, then go ahead. The members will be okay with it.”

Jimin and I looked at him totally flabbergasted.

“But…”Jimin started. “Don’t you find it…uhm…you know….uhm-“

“No, Jimin. I love my members the way they are and….by the way…you’re probably not the only one in this group that likes a guy.” Hoseok said.

“Hoseok.” I started. “I’m really thankful. But we haven’t cleared our feelings, yet, so could you please not tell the others, yet?”

“If you wish so, I’ll keep my mouth shut.” he said and pretended to have locked his mouth. I laughed.

“Thanks, Hobi.” I said and then we got up.

“Ah, what I wanted to tell you when I caught you was…that it’s your turn for cooking, so go ahead, we’re hungry.” Hoseok said and laughed. I grumbled and we left the room.