[Rv] Lachrymose

❂ The Forgotten Phoenix ❂ : Review + Advertisement Shop

 Lachrymose

by Lovex2254

Romance, Supernatural

Taehyung is a detective charged with the task of solving a centuries-old cold case. Every twenty years exactly, three women would be murdered on three consecutive nights. If the pattern is correct Taehyung's got four months to crack the case and find the killer before anyone else can be killed. With no other options, he calls upon an old friend from junior high that might have the answers.

 

Title: 9/10

The title is very original and creative. Even though it’s only one word, it holds a lot of substance. Since the meaning of Lachrymose is tearful, I would suspect that the story’s theme would be sadness.  

My only concern is word itself. While it maybe original, creative, and thoughtful, by casual reader's perspective, most of them would probably have no idea what lachrymose means and won't even bother to look up the meaning. This might take away from the reader’s interest. 

Story Description: 10/10

The first few lines hooked me in. This is a perfect description that brings the reader into the story. I especially liked how you introduced the two characters with their different backgrounds but also connecting them to each other.

Vocabulary: 20/20 points

I love your writing style. It's descriptive but it continues to move the plot forward. When reading your story, I can imagine it in my head like a movie. 

Grammar: 18/20 points

Even though your writing style is nice, there are a few grammatical errors. It's not a lot of mistakes but there are some spelling errors and fragments here and there. There are also some sentences that are worded strangely where I had to read the sentence twice to understand. 

Story plot: 25/25 points

The story's pacing was nice to follow. The information given wasn't too rushed, but it also didn't drag out the plot. I liked how there was a nice balance between the supernatural and the realistic sides.

Characterization:  5/5 points

Creativity: 5/5 points

Overall Enjoyment: 5/5 points

When I got to the end of the story, I couldn’t believe that I was already done reading. Everything was nicely balanced and paced. I hope that this story continues well in the future.

Overall Grade: A+