[Rv] Into My Life

❂ The Forgotten Phoenix ❂ : Review + Advertisement Shop

Into My Life by W3ntchuuKrown

Genre: Romance Comedy

Description: I, Ahn Sunhee, waited. Nineteen long years. For the right guy to take over my single status. Then 7 guys came into my life. Wait no, Namjoon doesn't count. Make that 6.

So, 6 hot guys came along. One, which I think I love. And now, I have a feeling my single life is soon going to be over! Say bye to being single and hello romance!

 

Title: 7/10

Based on the title, I could already assume the main idea of the story. There's this girl who meets this guy and then they start to have feelings for each other. Then this conflict appears but they eventually solve the problem and live happily ever after. Some where around that area? Even if it wasn't, the title was very uninteresting and unoriginal. 

Story Description: 7/10

Similarly to the title, the description basically already told me the main idea of the story. To be honest, I wouldn't read this fanfic because I feel like I already know what's going to happen. 

Character Description: 3/5

Just like the description and title, the character description also told me what was going to happen in the story. You stated "is interested in Sunhee" and "has liked Sunhee since middle school." Therefore I can assume that there's going to be a love triangle in this romance high school fanfic. I'm not sure if that happened in the fanfic or not because the character description grade was solely based on the character description. Overall, the only thing that I've accepted was the color-coding for each of the character's kakaotalk. The rest of the information could have been said in the story itself. 

Graphics: 0/0

The poster right now is a temporary fill so the graphic grade will be exempt from the overall grade. 

Grammar / Vocabulary: 23/25

There were some awkward-structured sentences in there so it would be best to read over the fanfic and fix them. There were some grammatical mistakes but they could be overlooked. It would also be better to use better wording instead of the basic writing. No offence but you sound like a amateur writing their fanfic. 

Story plot / Content: 19/25

Even though I liked the idea of using kakaotalk, I thought that the story plot was unoriginal. It sounded like those cliché Korean romance high school dramas that everyone loves. I also thought that you could use more "show, not tell" writing in your story. You tend to write something like "this building had a nice interior" then jump off to something else. 

Overall Enjoyment: 17/20

I didn't add this to any of the grades but I just wanted to point out that the spacing between the transitions were a little bit too much. Although I feel like I did a harsh review, I did enjoy the fanfic a bit. However I do feel that this could have done a lot better. 

Overall Grade: B