Chapter 9

Madly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N I N E

After Seohyun left them to place their orders, Yuri’s anxiety rose. How will she start a conversation with Yoona? She did started the first one where she complimented how lovely Yoona looked today but now what?

Now what?

She never gone out on a date before. And Yoona was the first person she ever felt all giddy and crazy about. What is she supposed to do now after complementing? Is complementing your date even the first step to do on dates?! She regretted about not asking Taeyeon, Jessica or maybe Sooyoung for some tips. Now she found herself stuck with a beautiful girl whom she doesn’t know what to do or talk to with.

“Ah man,” Yuri unintentionally sighed as she covered her face using her palm. “What now..?”

“Y–Yuri?”

Yuri opened her eyes in surprised. “O–Oh! Yes?” She looked up at Yoona when she realized that she was with her date right at this moment.

The girl who was sitting across her showed a worried expression. “Are you okay?”

Yul, you pabo.

“Oh yeah!” Yuri chuckled nervously. “I’m good!”

Yoona didn’t seem to believe her words but she smiled it off. “Okay.” She inwardly sigh as she looked away, looking around the café’s atmosphere. Yuri took it as Yoona was starting to feel less interested with their date.

Is this even a date?

Do you even call this a date?

With none of them wanting to start a conversation? Yuri closed her eyes when she exhaled a heavy sigh. She needed to do something about this. She can’t let Yoona end their date with an unsatisfied look. No. Yuri gathered all of her confidence inside her and decided to chase what she had been dreaming of. That dream where she will be happy with Yoona beside her.

It must happen.

It needs to happen.

“Y–Yoona.” Yuri called. When Yoona looked at her, she sat up straight as she was startled at Yoona’s eyes staring right at her. Right at her soul. . Abort mission! Abort miss– “I’m sorry…” She dropped her shoulders in defeat. “I’m so nervous right now because I–I like you a lot a–and I’ve been wanting to ask you on a date ever since I saw you. Now that I finally have the chance to go out with you, I feel really excited! Really, I am! B–But–”

“Yuri.” Yoona smiled sincerely. “It’s okay.”

“No, let me finish.” Yuri said with a small smile. “But I–I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I don’t know why I feel super nervous when I see you! Even by staring at you from a distance, you make my heart skipped a beat. Now that you’re here, sitting across me, I–I’m too surprised to even make a move. You’re really stunning up-close, Yoona yah. You’re beautiful. You got me good.”

“Wow that was fast.” Seohyun has got to be kidding with Yuri right now. In the middle of pre-confessing to Yoona? Really Seohyun? Yuri glared at the maknae who was back to serve their beverages. “Unnie, have you ever been on a date? First dates aren’t about confessing their love! It’s too soon! Don’t you think?” Seohyun asked before she noticed the glare that Yuri was giving her. “Uhm…”

Yuri was still glaring at the maknae but her cheeks were getting redder. “D–Do you mind?!” Yoona could only giggle at Yuri’s expression.

“Sorry! Just doing my job!” Seohyun quickly left the two when seeing how embarrassed Yuri was.

Yuri sighed as she once again buried her face in her palms. She lost all of her confidence because of the girl. Just when she thought she was hopeless at this very point, she felt a hand was grabbing her wrist and pulled it from covering her face. She realized it soon that Yoona was holding her hand.

Yoona. Holding. Her. Freaking. Hand.

“Hey.” Yoona flashed a smile to her. “I’m not having a bad time if that’s what you’re thinking now.”

Yuri shyly removed Yoona’s hand from her wrist as she nodded slowly. “I’m sorry.”

“No,” The girl shook her head. “Don’t be.” They fell into a silent atmosphere again. Yoona stared at Yuri who was avoiding her eyes. “Yuri,” Yuri was sipping on her coffee when Yoona called her. “I like you too.”

And Yuri bit her tongue in startled. It’s a good thing she didn’t spit out her coffee. Or else, that would have been embarrassing as hell.

Yoona giggled. “You’re really cute when you talk. It makes me like you more.”

“Y–You do?!”

~*~*~

After a while, the café had several customers inside, no longer as crowded as lunchtime. Yoona and Yuri were still there, definitely starting to feel comfortable with one another already since it has been three hours straight after lunch. The girls decided not to bother them as they mind their own business. Sooyoung finished her last coffee for the day and hinted to her girlfriend that she will have to leave in a short moment.

“You’re leaving already?” Jessica pouted. “You’re not going to pick me up for another date later?”

Sooyoung pouted too when Jessica loosely hugged her neck. “I wish I can, princess but I will be working overtime today.”

“Huh, alright.” Jessica smiled a little as she shared a quick peck with Sooyoung. “Love you. Give me a call if you have the chance.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter