Chapter 11

Madly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

E L E V E N

“Tae! Come out for a second!”

Jessica called out as she knocked on the door several times. She could hear her friend was mumbling from the other side before the door was open. She was greeted by an unpleasant looking expression that caused her to give out a smile. “Can we talk?”

“About what?” Taeyeon responded monotonously.

“About you.”

“What about me?”

Jessica teasingly shrugged as she entered Taeyeon’s room. She took a seat on the bed and realized her friend was still standing at the door. “Just a few questions, I promise.”

“How long will this take?” Taeyeon closed the door. She went back to her desk and continued to do what she was doing earlier; colouring.

“Until you give me a clear answer.”

“Huh?”

Jessica heaved a sigh. “Be honest with me. Do you or do you not have feelings for Hyoyeon?”

“Eh?!” Taeyeon tilted her head to look at her friend in disbelieved. “What kind of question is that?!”

“Oooh, so you do have feelings for Hyoyeon.”

Taeyeon used the red coloured pencil she was holding to point at her friend. “I didn’t say that!”

“But the look you’re giving me tells it all.” Jessica grinned when seeing how flushed Taeyeon’s cheeks were. How can the dork get out from this one? “Just tell me the truth, Tae.”

“No! It’s not–”

“Tell me,” Jessica looked serious. “The truth.”

The look on Jessica’s face was really scary to Taeyeon. She put down the coloured pencil and went to her bed to sit next to Jessica. “Alright.” She dropped her shoulders in defeat.

“Alright?” Jessica’s expression softened.

Taeyeon remained gazing down at the floor. “I do have feelings for Hyoyeonie. But–”

“Hmm?”

“I don’t know if I want to start a relationship with her.”

Jessica placed a hand on top of Taeyeon’s hand. “What’s holding you back? Hara?”

“I’m just–” Taeyeon paused for a moment before she looked up to face her friend. “Not ready to be in a relationship again.”

“It’s because of Hara?”

“I’m afraid that it will ended badly.”

“Hara?!”

Taeyeon huffed. “Yes! Because of Hara, I’m thinking that I won’t be able to imagine myself going out with Hyoyeonie!”

“And why the hell is that?” Jessica was obviously unamused.

“Hyoyeon resembles a lot like Hara?” Taeyeon said unsurely and received a smack on the head because of it. “Oww!”

“Hyoyeon is a million times more charming than Hara though?!”

Taeyeon flicked Jessica’s forehead as a revenge for being smacked. “I didn’t mean appearance! But their personalities! Though that’s quite true.” She mumbled the last sentence with her cheeks suddenly flushed in embarrassment.

“What?!” Jessica rubbed her forehead while shooting confusing daggers at her friend. “How is Hyoyeon the same with Hara? Does she look like a player to you?”

Taeyeon was quiet and Jessica took it as a yes in which she was not satisfied of.

“A player wouldn’t flirt with the same girl every day and stick with them for hours!”

“But she addressed Yoona as her Yoona!”

“You’re suspecting her because of that?!” Jessica burst out in disbelieved.

Taeyeon pouted. “She gives me sweet talks just like how Hara used to give me…”

“So Hara used to give you sweet talks and stolen kisses and hugs all the time? I never witness her doing such affections the time when you guys were a couple.” Jessica crossed her arms on her chest. “All I ever witnessed was Hara luring you to give her pleasure and false sweet talks.”

Taeyeon was quiet again.

“ the past. Let’s look at the present, shall we? You’re bonding more with Hyoyeon as time goes by, you’re getting closer with her and you look very happy compared to your days with Hara. Hyoyeon treats you sweetly that we both can tell how much she likes you a lot. As for you, you tried to turn her down but not her kisses. I noticed that.”

“Y–Yah!” Taeyeon hit her friend.

Jessica suspired tiredly. “So, tell me. Why do you look at Hyoyeon as if she’s going to be the same type of person as Hara when she is clearly the type of person who is not asking for your body but your heart?”

Taeyeon could not utter a word as she was just sitting there, giving Jessica a guilty expression. Her eyes were beginning to form tears around the corners and her lips slowly curved into a pout. Seeing this type of expression from the dork made Jessica irritated but she could not handle it.

“Do you want a hug of comfort instead?” Jessica opened her arms when Taeyeon nodded furiously. “Come here.”

“Sicaaaa!”

“Yah! Not too tight!”

~*~*~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter