Sticks

Into the New World: Together

 

 

 

“It’s okay Fany,” I assured as I rubbed her back. “It’s okay.”

I woke Tiffany up probably not even five minutes ago and almost immediately she was running off toward the bathroom. By the look on her face and how she grabbed her stomach I knew it wasn’t going to be good either.

I jumped out of bed and quickly followed her into the bathroom, but I was too late. I could already hear the sound of Tiffany throwing up in the toilet and felt horrible. She’s felt nauseous almost every day for the past week or so but never to the point of actually throwing up… until now obviously.

Ugh.

I wanted to do something to help her but since her hair was already pulled back in a messy ponytail and I clearly couldn’t magically make her stop feeling nauseous, rubbing her back and being there for her was my best option for now.

She groaned once more toward the toilet and sighed.

“Being pregnant Taetae.” I grinned.

“I’m sure it does babe, I don’t know how you do it… ah here,” I said before grabbing a cloth by the sink and handing it to her. “Are you uh… done?” I laughed a little.

How do you even ask someone that seriously?

“Mhm,” she hummed while wiping off . “I think so.”

“Good,” I said before putting a few stray hairs behind her ear. “And to think I was just about to ask if you wanted eggs and bacon too-ooh oh my god.”

She literally gagged at the word ‘bacon’ I and I had no idea what to do.

“No,” I sounded at once… like it would somehow do any good. “No, don’t! No, no, no.” I waved my hands in front of myself in panic.

Oh my god. Did I… Is she…

“Don’t say the ‘B’ word ever again,” she winced. I nodded obediently.

Holy…

“I promise,” I said still in shock. What in the world was that? I couldn’t believe just hearing the word itself made her nauseous!

Does she really feel that bad?

Gah, I was just glad I didn’t make her breakfast in bed this morning like I originally planned… that would have been pretty messy.

Whew~!

“Go back to bed Taetae,” she said as she washed her hands. “I’m just gonna brush my teeth and then I’ll join you, okay?” I hummed. That sounded like a great idea to me, but unfortunately it didn’t work out as we planned.

After about five minutes of cuddling under the covers and trying to go back to sleep, Tiffany turned toward me and sighed.

“I don’t think I’m tired anymore Tae,” she said with an adorable pout. “I’m thirsty and my stomach hurts and I- I just hate it.” I caressed her cheek. “I hate feeling like this.”

Ugh, and I hated hearing that. I felt bad enough as is!

“I’m sorry babe. I know it must be hard for you.” She nodded. “But next Christmas we’ll have a cute little munchkin with us and everything will be so amazing that it’ll make all of this seem like nothing,” I softly cheered. I was trying to be supportive since I wasn’t sure what else I could do right now, but it totally backfired… hard.

I was instantly attacked by a hormonal Tiffany!

“You’re not the one that’s nauseous all day Kim Taeyeon,” she said angrily. “I,” she started loudly.

I could tell that whatever was about to come out of was going to be equally as heated, but thankfully it never did. She was interrupted by her stomach quite audibly growling and I couldn’t hide my smirk.

“I-I’m so hungry,” she groaned while holding her tummy. Tiffany then rolled on her back and I just had to laugh, how could I not?

Tiffany’s pregnancy mood swings are definitely nothing to take lightly and even sometimes scary, but most of the time they were just downright cute. I wrapped my arms snuggly around her and kissed her cheek.

“Aigo~, let’s go eat, huh?” She nodded with a pout. “I’ll make you something delicious.”

I don’t know why I expected breakfast to be any easier based on the morning I’ve had so far, but I was severely let down yet again.

Tiffany’s moodiness was off the charts today.

I offered to make her at least ten different things, two of which she gagged at, but it was oatmeal that finally won her over… it also one of the first things I suggested almost five minutes ago…

Whatever.

I wasn’t about to remind her of that anytime soon though. I might be a lot of things but stupid was definitely not one of them.

Instead I just quickly started to prepare it for the both of us. I got berries out of the fridge since she wanted them in hers and patiently waited for it to finish cooking. Thankfully it didn’t take as long as I thought it would either; I was actually pretty hungry myself.

I grabbed bowls from the cabinet and poured some in each making sure to add in the berries. As I carefully tried to walk back to the table where Tiffany was waiting, I noticed that she was fiddling around with something else now.

Psht and she talks about me acting like a child…

Since I didn’t have my glasses on or anything I couldn’t really tell what it was until I got closer that is… I-

Oh~ Tiffany… she was something else.

“Cup Ramen,” I questioned. She dropped it like it was on fire and looked right at me with the guiltiest grin.

Aigo~, I knew what that meant.

“Do you want that instead of this?” I motioned toward the oatmeal but she quickly shook her head. Aish, this girl! Did she really think she’d hurt my feelings or something? “Don’t lie Fany,” I laughed. “If you don’t want it I’ll just eat it.” Her eyes widened.

“I’m not Tae,” she defended. “I…I want both.” My brow rose. Both?  “I just really need something salty right now and I think the oatmeal will help settle my tummy so... both.” I laughed at her adorably fast explanation and took the cup from in front of her.

She was truly something else.

“Okay~, I’ll go heat this up then,” I said as I turned around and- uh wha-

“Don’t,” Tiffany said sadly as her hand grabbed the hem of my shirt. “Sit and eat with me… We can make that after. Okay?” I grinned and tried to tell her that it would only take a few minutes, but I’m fairly sure it went straight through her pretty little head. She tugged on my shirt once more and I had no choice other than to sit down with my wife and eat breakfast… not like I was complaining about that though.

I loved it.

Have a nice first Christmas breakfast as husband and wife: Check.

A little bit later I was even able to sneak a few of the cookies we made yesterday while Fany ate her ramen! She only let me eat one of them yesterday since we had to ‘save them for Christmas’, but today was technically Christmas so~ HA!

Now I just had to make sure the rest of today went equally as fantastic!

After a ten minute long phone call with my mom however I figured that maybe making today ‘fantastic’ was a bit overzealous… I think I’ll just shoot for ‘decent’ instead.

I set my phone on the coffee table and plopped down on the sofa, laying down just enough to use my wife’s lap as a pillow… a very warm pillow I might add.

“Hi Taetae,” she grinned. I sighed. “What’s wrong?” Her brows slightly furrowed, but I quickly assured her everything was okay.

“Nothing, my mom is just already exhausting me and she’s not even here yet.” Fany laughed as she ran her fingers through my hair, but I sure didn’t.

Seriously, she called while I was cleaning up the tiny mess I made in the kitchen and just kept talking and talking and talking.

Now some of the things she said were important and I’d maybe understand all the small talk and questions if it were any other day, but she was literally going to physically be here later… couldn’t she wait just a little bit longer?

“What’d she say?” Tiffany’s smile showered over me and I had to take a deep breath just to refocus my thoughts.

I guess I should just be glad Tiffany’s in a better mood now since she ate… I couldn’t handle my mom and Tiffany both being crazy today.

“Nothing really,” I said semi-truthfully. “She told me they left an hour ago and then asked me like twenty questions about you.” She looked surprised.

“Really? Umma hasn’t texted me at all today.” I smirked.

Ever since my mom found out Tiffany was pregnant she’s been texting her more and more each day… it’s kind of ridiculous.

“I know. She said she thought you were asleep so she didn’t want to text you yet… and then yelled at me for waking you up so early.” Tiffany laughed again before putting her hand on my cheek.

“Aw my poor Taetae,” she cooed. “It was kinda early though…” Oh my-

“Yah~,” I defended. Her eyes disappeared into her smile and I knew she was just pushing my buttons now. Aigo~!

Two can play this game.

“It wasn’t that early a-and you had to throw up anyway so I probably helped you out,” I argued. Actually I don’t think that even made much sense now that I said it aloud but I couldn’t let her win that easy!

“Oh yeah,” she questioned playfully. I hummed.

“You might’ve thrown up in bed or on both of us,” I explained a little better. “I probably saved us honestly.” Her head was shaking but I could still see her smile glowing, hell I could probably see that a mile away.

Yep, this totally made up for her mini-attacks earlier.

“And besides, you~ were the one to get hungry and want food,” I accused to finish it off. “So HA, it was your fault too.” I stuck my tongue out and she sighed.

“Nuh-uh,” she sounded sassily. “It was Dukong that was hungry babe, not me. I wanted to go to sleep but your~ child kept me awake Kim Taetae,” she accused while poking my chest.

“I-,” I started, but my grin took over… seriously. I tried to stop smiling but I really couldn’t.

I didn’t want her to know that she won, but every time she brought up our little human it was game over. Hearing her talk about our baby made me weak and she knew it.

“That’s cheating Miyoung,” I said flatly while trying, and failing miserably, to hold my grin back. She shook her head with a playful smirk, but I had to disagree. “Yuh-huh~!”

“How so?” Her hand intertwined with mine and my mind went blank.

That was a good question… one that I couldn’t think of an answer for right now either.

Damnit!

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “It just is!”

Her head fell backward in laughter and I honestly couldn’t think of a better way to spend my morning.

 

____________________________________________________________

 

“What do you want to do now babe,” I asked.

This episode of Pororo was exciting and all but I think I could do without ever knowing if Eddy learns to swim or not. Actually I could probably even guess right now and say that he will, I mean they’re not just gonna let the poor  little fox thing drown… right?

Whatever, either way I’m sure there are at least twenty different things we could do that were better than this. Taeyeon’s family was coming to our house and I didn’t want anything to go wrong.

He tightened his hold on me a little and hummed. “I don’t know, what do you want to do?”

Wow, he was so helpful sometimes…

“Hmm,” I held out. What could we-Oh! “When did you say your parents were getting here again?”

Duh~, I should’ve asked that first.

“Uhh umma said they left around an hour ago so we have at least another hour maybe two,” he said. “I don’t know how bad the traffic is.” I nodded.  That was very true. Since its Christmas and people are traveling all over, I’m sure the traffic is worse than usual.

Crap, that didn’t help much either though, I mean what could we do for an hour or two?  That was such a large yet random amount of time.

I almost suggested a movie but I knew for sure that I’d fall asleep so that would be pretty pointless. I also thought about going ahead and taking a shower and getting ready for the day but I still had a lot of time… and I was just way too comfy to move right now.

Why was Taeyeon so easy to cuddle? He was seriously made for it.

Ugh. This was hard.

I started to think about a few little things like whether or not we had all the right food his umma wanted or if we wrapped all the presents for his family and- oh my gosh.

That totally reminded me…

Oh no...

“Maybe we should open presents,” I suggested semi urgently. I felt Taeyeon tense.

Uhm?

“Shouldn’t we wait until they get here though Fany? I’m sure my parents will want to be here for that,” he said almost nervously.

While his behavior was strange, I couldn’t focus on it for too long. We like had to open those presents.

He was probably right and I’m sure his parents would probably want to see the presents we got for each other too, but we couldn’t wait for them.

“Yeah but one of your presents probably shouldn’t be opened around your family Taetae”, I said softly as I played with the strings on his sweatshirt.

I actually didn’t even want to imagine their faces if Taeyeon opened that present in front of them. I’d probably die from embarrassment. I don’t know what idiotic thought drove me to wrap it in the first place when I could’ve easily given it to him later but it was too late to dwell on it now.

“Yep,” he said after I felt him take a deep breath. “Presents it is.”

Taeyeon stood up from beside me and I felt an incredible amount of heat quickly fade away.

Ugh, why did I have to wrap that stupid thing?

I took Taeyeon’s outstretched hand and pulled myself up as well.

Let’s just get this over with quick. I need my personal heater back ASAP.

I sat down on the rug near our little tree and waited for Taeyeon to sit his cute down right beside me.

“Closer,” I ordered sweetly. He grinned and scooted a little more toward me.

“Better?” I hummed. Our legs were touching and I was this close to wrapping myself back around him.

Soon Tiffany, soon.

“Good. Just don’t…,” he trailed off hesitantly.

Uh oh, what now?

“Don’t what,” I pried.

“Just don’t get too disappointed with your presents,” he sheepishly grinned.

Oh my gosh. Really?

“Umma and appa are bringing one of them with them and, ugh,” he sighed. “You’re a hard woman to shop for you know that right?” I laughed. “I’m serious. I had to think really hard to think of things that you needed and didn’t already have babe so most of them are pretty random.” I smiled at his adorably worried face and just shook my head.

“I told you not to worry about that pabo,” I assured while caressing his thigh. “I’m sure I’ll love them all... Which one should I open first?” His eyes curved into cute crescents before he turned to look at the little pile of wrapped boxes under our tree.  

“Hmm, I don’t think it matters babe, just pick whichever one you want.” I pouted and he quickly caught on. “Fine, fine,” he sighed. “How about… uh, this one,” he said while handing me a colorfully wrapped gift. “You have to pick one for me too.”

“Right,” I said to myself. I almost forgot! I guess I got momentarily caught up in my thoughts about what this present from Taeyeon could be.

“Of course… it should probably be the one that you don’t want my parents to see though,” he suggested. “It wouldn’t be the first time they lied to me so they could try to ‘surprise’ me with their presence.”

My heart dropped.

Oh my gosh, I didn’t even think about that.

What if his parents told him they left an hour ago when it was actually two?

Heol… They could be here any minute!

Talk about a surprise. I-

“Fany?”

Omo, right!

“Yeah, that’s a good idea,” I commented while I grabbed the box that I- wait… “Uh-oh.”

“Uh oh? Uh oh what Fany?” I shook my head.

“It’s nothing Tae, just… I don’t remember which box it’s in.”

I thought for sure it was in the box that I already picked up but when I saw an almost identical box a foot away… I wasn’t so sure. I held one of the presents in each hand to see if I could tell by weight and Taeyeon just laughed.

“You’re adorable Fany-ah,” he grinned. I looked at his smile, but I was a little confused.

“Yah Kim Taeyeon if your parents show up while you’re opening that present I’ll die from embarrassment, you have to open it first.”

Seriously, I wasn’t sure exactly what I’d do, but disappearing was definitely on the top of the list of what I would want to do. How would I ever be able to look them in the eye again after that?

“Aish,” he groaned. “It’s not like they don’t know we do that kinda stuff… I mean you do~ have a little bit of me inside you,” he grinned.

Sometimes I really don’t believe he’s an adult…

“And it’ll be the last time you’ll ever be inside of me if you don’t open that present before they get here Kim Taeyeon,” I said while handing him one of the boxes.  

“Yah,” he laughed, obviously a little taken back. “That’s not fair. I-.” He stopped after locking eyes with me and nodded. “I won’t risk it though.” He took the box from me and started quickly unwrapping it.

I got a small kick out of Taeyeon’s now serious face and internally laughed. He was so cute… and so, so naïve.

Does he really think I could give that up for good?

A scrap of paper flew in my lap and it quickly pulled me from my thoughts. He then took the top of the box and pulled out the first item and-

Crap, it wasn’t the one that he needed to open! At least we know which one i-

“Uhh,” he sounded confusedly. “I don’t think this will fit me.” I looked at him and sighed.

Really?

 “There’s more than one in there pabo, that ones for me.”

“Ooh~,” he held out adorably. “Shopping for yourself now eh?” I hit him lightly on the arm as he pulled out more of the gift.

“See,” I teased.

“Ahh, now I get it,” he laughed. “Couple tees?” I hummed.

“I got a few different colors for each of us so we can wear them a lot too.” I watched him look over the stripped shirt with a grin before being a little startled by his sudden kiss.

“Thank you baby. I love it.”

“Jinjja,” I asked quickly. He hummed.

“Should we put them on now?” I chuckled at his eagerness, but we couldn’t wear them yet.

“Ani,” I said. He looked a little disappointed actually, it was kind of funny. “I have to shower first. I can’t put a clean shirt on yet Taetae.”

“Oh, right… Good point,” he grinned. “But after we shower we’re wearing them for sure, okay?” I nodded.

“Yes sir… Now open the other one.”

“Ah-ah-ah,” he sounded like he was scolding me. Uh…what? “You have to open one now Fany, let’s take turns.”

Oh my- Did he really not understand?

“Taeyeon you have to open that one before your family gets here, remember,” I reminded. He nodded.

“I know.”

Wait… what?

“Then you have to open it now,” I added. “What if they walk through the door right now?” He shrugged.

“Why don’t we just put this one in our room and I can open it later,” he asked. “Then we won’t be worried about it and we can just open all the other ones now.”

Oh… I never even thought about that.

“You are sure it’s this one, right?” I looked at the package again and nodded.

It was definitely in one of the two boxes I originally pulled out and there’s only one left now so it had to be.

“Good, then I’ll just open this one later tonight and you can open this one now.” He handed me the small box that he already picked out once and I sighed.

“Fine.”

How could I say no to that?

____________________________________________________________

 

“Another couple item,” I asked as I held up the two small identical bracelets that came from the final box under our tree. There was a black one, which I’m assuming is mine, and a pink one which was obviously Tiffany’s.

“Mhm,” she hummed. “Do you like it?” I nodded.

“Yeah they look pretty,” I said honestly. They were made out of what seemed to be small leather strips that had been braided together perfectly.  It was definitely something I could see myself wearing all the time since it was so casual… but what was with the sudden influx of couple things? I-

“What’s wrong,” she asked worriedly.

Huh?

“Nothing’s-“

“You have that look Taeyeon,” she quickly accused.

What the-

“What look,” I asked curiously. “I don’t have a look.”

At least I didn’t think I was making any kind of weird expression or anything… wait was I?

 “That look pabo,” she jabbed. “If you don’t like it just tell me. You don’t have to lie.” She sounded a little annoyed and I had no idea where this was coming from.

Did she really think I didn’t like it or was this just another mood swing or something?

Ugh, either way I better fix it. I can’t have a grumpy Miyoung today.

“I’m not lying Fany-ah, I really do like it. I like all of them,” I assured. “I-I was just wondering why you got us so many couple things to wear.” I laughed. “Trying to show off now that we’re married?”

I mean it really wasn’t a big deal or anything and I totally supported us wearing couple shirts and stuff, but it was just a little random. Sure we have a few couple shirts from before we got married and a handful of matching accessories, but I think the amount literally just doubled.

“No~,” she held out with a tiny grin. “There are just way too many girls claiming you as their ideal type these days Taetae. I don’t like it.” It was my turn to smile now.

“Afraid someone’s gonna steal me away,” I teased.

If she says yes though I really might have to-

“Ani,” she replied as she fastened the new bracelet around my wrist. I let out a deep breath. Whew, I-“I’m just making sure they know you’re mine.” I instinctively chuckled. I could hear the slight annoyance in her voice too which made it even funnier.

She was adorable.

“Baby, I think they know. Doesn’t this kinda give it away,” I asked as I held up my left hand. She shrugged.

“Well then they clearly need a reminder.”

Oh my… I had to laugh now. How was she so cute?

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside like I usually do when Tiffany gets protective, but I should probably explain.

“Fany-ah,” I started through my laughs. “Don’t you know why more people are picking me now?” She shrugged.

Oh goodness.

“It’s because I am married babe,” I explained. Actually Sooyoung was the one to explain this to me. I was a little confused why more people were picking me at first too. “If someone said their ideal type is someone like me they pretty much get out of talking about who their real ideal type is.”

She didn’t look like she understood.

“All they have to do is tell them it’s ‘someone like me’ and the interviewer usually stops. They’re probably afraid of causing a scandal and getting sued or just afraid that if they piss off the cutest member in SNSD they’ll ruin their chances at future interviews,” I said before lightly pinching her cheek.

It was actually pretty genius I thought. I remember watching one myself a few days ago where the interviewer did actually push it a little farther than usual but the idol who claimed ‘someone like Taeyeon’ as their ideal type just said that I was her pick because she wants to find someone what will treat her as well as I treat Tiffany.

It was literally the perfect escape to that question… but Tiffany still didn’t seem too impressed.

Aish…

“I’m like a scapegoat babe. You have nothing to worry about.”  Her brow rose.

Oh god.

“Well I mean you never had anything to worry about because you’re the only one for me but still,” I added quickly. “You have even less to worry about now.”

I watched her eyes disappear into her beautiful smile and her face move closer and closer until our lips touched… briefly unfortunately.

“I know,” she said with a smile. “And I do trust you babe it’s not that. I know you love me and our little Dukong, but I just don’t trust all those other girls out there.” I nodded.

Okay, that was fair. I had to admit I felt the same way too.

I trusted Tiffany more than anyone else and even though we do joke about people ‘stealing’ each other away or even pretending to fall for someone else, I know it could never happen. It was all just a joke… and I think that Tiffany just liked to hear me tell her how much I love her when we ‘make up’ from our fake ‘fights’.

I won’t lie and say I’ve never acted a little more jealous than usual just to get an extra kiss or seven either, I mean who could blame me?

It was all a part of an inside game of push and pull we played, but I would seriously hate if someone else tried to play it with her too. I know she wouldn’t play along, unless it was Yuri or Sooyoung who were also joking with her, but that didn’t stop other guys from trying.

“Plus those girls from Apink looked totally serious when they said you were their ideal type,” she whined.

I heard her voice get higher and I could tell she was getting into one of her moods.

Oh no…

“The one practically confessed her love to Yuri too!”

Omo, I almost forgot about that! I had to laugh.

Now that one was a little much and I’m sure Jessica isn’t happy, but the two that said my name were clearly not serious.

“Hey,” I said after cupping her cheeks. “I don’t think they were serious… but,” I added quickly. I saw open and knew I had to cut her off. “Next time I get anywhere near Apink I’ll chase them all away with a stick okay? I won’t even let them greet me.” Her eyes shut and a closed lip smile formed.

Assa~!

“You better.” I laughed.

“I will,” I said before kissing her forehead. “Now you go shower and I’ll clean up a little.” I motioned to our tiny mess of wrapping paper scraps.

“Want me to help?” I shook my head.

“You take forever in the shower babe,” I laughed. “You definitely need to go first.”

After a few more remarks from my beauty and a mild hit to the arm, Tiffany was off to the bathroom.

Just like I figured, I had plenty of time to dispose of the wrapping paper too. I even took the next step and brought it, along with our other trash, all the way down to the dumpster on the first floor. I sorted the recyclables and everything but by the time I got back she still wasn’t out of the shower.

Thankfully it didn’t take that much longer though.

I was lying on the bed when I heard the door finally open. She walked into our room with only a towel wrapped around her body and I automatically grinned.

She was so beautiful.

“What’s that look for,” she said questioningly. I shook my head.

“Nothing.”

“Tae, don-“

“Pick out my outfit too babe,” I said as I scurried past her. “I’ll hurry.” I dashed into the bathroom and did just that.

I’ve definitely taken faster showers in my life, but this one was pretty speedy. My mom hadn’t been responding to my texts since Tiffany got in the shower and I was beginning to worry.

Were they almost here? Omo, were they already here? Did they pick up my present for Tiffany on time? Or I guess there’s always the possibility of my mom simply just falling asleep…

That would definitely explain the lack of contact.

Oh well~. I’ll just have to hurry and hope they weren’t already here.

A few minutes later I took a towel and ran it over my hair for a minute or so before wrapping it around myself. I stepped out from the warm steamy bathroom into the not so steamy bedroom and it made me seriously shiver.

Ho-ly CRAP. It was so cold, but once I put some clothes on I know I’ll be-

Oh my gosh.

I looked at the bed and saw that Tiffany really did pick out an outfit for me, but that wasn’t even the best part.

Right beside the outfit was a sound asleep Kim Miyoung as cute as ever.

She was tucked under the covers pretty snugly with the most peaceful expression across her face. I sighed.

Now I definitely couldn’t wake her up.

____________________________________________________________

 

 

I don’t know what it was exactly that woke me up but my best guess is the huge urge I have to go to the bathroom.

I’m not totally sure how everything works, but it seems to me that this thing growing inside of me is trying to occupy the same exact area where my bladder is supposed to be. I’ve had to go more and more ever since I- oh? Wait… Did Taeyeon fall asleep with me?

I felt an arm draped over my side but now that I think about it, it didn’t feel… right?

It was positioned oddly and definitely did not feel heavy enough to be my Taetae’s muscular arm and-

Hold up.

If it wasn’t Taeyeon… then- oh my god.

WHO THE HELL WAS IT?!

I had a mini panic attack as I turned around in a flash to see- omo.

When did… How is… I-

“Unnie,” a groggy voice questioned from the tiny body beside me. I hummed.

“Yeah Hayeon-ah, it’s unnie,” I said still in shock. She opened one of her sleepy eyes to look at me and I had to smile. I wonder if she knew just how much that reminded me of her brother? It was almost exactly the same!

“Are you finally awake?” I nodded a-

Wait… finally?!

Oh my.

 “How long have I been asleep?” She made the typical ‘I don’t know’ sound as her shoulders shrugged a little.

Okay, that was fair. How was she supposed to know that?

Let me try that again.

“How long have you been here?”

“Uhh,” she held out, obviously still not fully awake. “What time is it?”

That was a good question. I looked at the clock that was beside our bed and another ‘oh my god’ ran through my head.

“It’s eleven?!”

Holy, have I really been asleep for almost two whole hours?

No. The better question is why the hell didn’t Taeyeon wake me up?

“Then we’ve been here like an hour? I don’t remember exactly unnie, I was too tired,” Hayeon informed. I took a deep breath.

An hour? An HOUR?!

I’m totally gonna kill him.

Letting me sleep for a while was one thing and I appreciate it, but he definitely should’ve woken me up when his family got here. Ugh, he knew I-

 “O-oppa said I could come in here and sleep though so I hope that was okay with you.”

Omo. What? Did she think…

Oh~ good one Tiff, now you’re scaring your sister-in-law too.

“No, it’s totally okay Hayeon-ah. I don’t mind at all,” I laughed. Her wide eyes were kind of adorable though. “I’m just mad your brother didn’t wake me up in the first place. I wanted to be there to greet you all.” She nodded.

“Ahh, it’s okay unnie. Umma and Appa are really excited to see you anyway so I know they won’t mind,” she grinned. “And your-“

Her words stopped abruptly just as her tiny Taeyeon like eye smile disappeared.

Okay, that was odd.

“My what,” I asked curiously.

What in the world could have gotten that kind of a reaction from her?

 “Nothing,” she replied instantly. “I, uh… I’ll go tell oppa you’re awake!” Hayeon then pretty much threw off the covers and made a dash to the door.

“Heol,” I said aloud.

His sister is an even worse liar than he is… and just as weird.

Oh~ Kim family, what did I get myself into?

I slowly got out of bed myself and decided to do one more check in the mirror after I used the bathroom. I touched up my make up a little and made sure to comb out my hair just a bit too. I didn’t want to look like I had just woken up… even though I totally did.

Whatever.

I put my fuzzy pink slippers back on and headed out the door.

My first goal was to find Taeyeon. Partly because I thought it’d be best to greet his parents together now that we are married and partly just because I wanted to kick his for not waking me up. I figured he’d probably be watching something on TV so I didn’t even bother looking in the kitchen. Instead I just walked straight past the doorway and into the-

Oh.

My.

God.

I walked into our living room and literally froze… or so I thought.

“What are you doing here,” I asked instinctively. It was like my mouth had a mind of its own or something. It could’ve also been from the pure shock I was in from seeing my two siblings sitting right on the sofa with Taeyeon and Hayeon… and some blonde girl I’ve never seen before.

Who in the world is- never mind.

How could this be happening?

This wasn’t a dream was it? It had to be right?

Why on earth would Michelle and Leo be here in Korea?

“Wow,” Leo jested. “We flew thousands of miles and that’s the first thing you say to us?” He laughed. “It’s nice to see you too little sis.”

“I-,” I started. “I just don’t believe you’re both here,” I said as I quickly moved across the room to give my sister a hug. This was amazing!

“Well believe it baby cakes,” Michelle said as she wrapped her arms around me. I hugged Leo too, but then it hit me.

Omo, if they’re here though does that mean…

“Did daddy…” I saw my sister shaking her head so I didn’t even finish my question.

“He has a meeting or something tomorrow and the trip woulda been pointless,” she explained. “Sorry Tiff.” I nodded.

I wasn’t going to lie and say I wasn’t disappointed because I was. I mean how amazing would it have been to have my whole family here for Christmas?

At the same time though I was very thankful and so excited that my brother and sister could both be here for-

Oh my… Now it all made sense.

“You,” I said as I pointed to my now grinning husband. “You did this, didn’t you?”

“Guilty,” he said cutely while raising one hand up like he was on trial. “Since we couldn’t go see them I thought they co-oulMM…”

His words were muffled by my lips as I pressed them into his. I didn’t know of a better way to thank him for words were obviously not enough right now. I’ve been missing my family so much recently and this cute, lovable guy brought them here to me!

I pulled Tae in closer and closer with my arms that were wrapped around his neck and his hands finally found their rightful spot on my-

“Yah, yah, that’s enough,” my sister ever so rudely interrupted. “You can do that all the time when we’re not here.” My brother chuckled.

“Looks like they already did by the ‘situation’ they’re in now,” he said sarcastically.

“Ha, ha, ha,” I said back just as mockingly. “Very funny you- omo.”

My attention was quickly brought to the random girl in my living room that I somehow completely forgot about.

“Oh my god,” I said again. “I am so sorry about all this.” I wasn’t sure who she was, but I definitely just made out with my husband right in front of her.

Oh god… I could feel my face turning red.

“Uhm… Who…,” I trailed off, helplessly looking toward my siblings for an answer. I’ve met most of Taeyeon’s family and definitely don’t recall seeing this girl ever so she had to have come with one of them.

“Ah, right,” Leo started. “Maria this is my little sister Stephanie, Steph this is Maria… my fiancé.”

____________________________________________________________

 

 

Today was surprisingly going great so far… After Tiffany finished beating up her brother of course.

I guess I can’t blame her though, if my sister started dating someone and didn’t tell me and then on top of that got engaged to that person I think I’d be pretty mad too…

Yeah, I’d be pissed.

Apparently though Leo and his fiancé had already planned on going back to the Philippines for Christmas since that’s where she’s from, but when he got my call they decided to just slightly change their plans.

It kinda that they were leaving tomorrow, but it was really nice of them to come here in the first place and I’m pretty thankful they did. I could tell Tiffany loved having them here and I knew she was excited to get to know her new sister-in-law. She talked to them for a good thirty minutes until she was finally recruited by my mom to help her in the kitchen.

I almost volunteered to help too, but since Leo and Maria had already been recruited and I just remembered something way more fun to do, I decided to let Tiffany fend for herself.

Sorry babe!

Instead I went in our bedroom and pulled out the box I had to order all the way from America.

Okay so I didn’t have to, but this one was definitely the coolest one I could find online so whatever.

“Hey guys,” I said to the lucky remaining few in the living room. “Do you want to help me build this thing?”

I held up the small box containing all the pieces to make a cute little gingerbread house excitedly, but I was rather disappointed when the only person that wanted to help me was Michelle.

I didn’t really think my dad would want to, so that wasn’t much of a shocker but I thought for sure Hayeon would help. It was actually one of the main reasons I bought it in the first place. I thought it would be a fun activity to do together instead of watching TV or something like usual.

“Oh come on Hayeonie,” I said a few minutes later after setting everything up. Actually it was a lot more complex than I originally thought too.

We had to knead the bag of pre-made icing for like five minutes, open all the little plastic bags containing the decorative bits and try not to lose them, transfer the now kneaded icing from the package it came in into another little icing bag so we could squeeze it out and decorate, and then figure out a way to get the stupid house to stay together.

From what the box looked like, I thought it came pre put together… boy was I wrong.

It came with six individual pieces of pre-baked gingerbread and we had to put the house together… with icing… ICING.

It wasn’t easy.

“Yeah Hayeon-ah,” Michelle urged. “We could really use another set of hands.”

That was definitely true too. The stupid roof kept trying to slide off!

Michelle and I had our hands on the sides so that they wouldn’t slip out of place while it dried, but we needed two more for the roof.

Hayeon continued to deny our request at least three more times before I was forced to break out the big guns… aka the secret that I had just learned a minute ago.

“If you help I’ll have Tiffany call Taemin oppa for you later. They’re pretty close friends you kno-“

“Deal,” she said firmly cutting me off. I laughed.

I guess on the way here a SHINee song came on the radio and my sister and Michelle had a little conversation about them.

Ohh~ Hayeon. She wasn’t even a teenager yet, but she was definitely starting to act like one.

Once we started to actually decorate it though I knew she was having fun.

Psht and she said she was too old to make a gingerbread house... What a little li-

“YOU’RE WHAT,” I heard suddenly from the kitchen.

Omo, I actually jumped a little!

What in the world was that?

Well I could tell that it was obviously my mom’s voice, but I had no idea what could’ve happened to get that kind of a reaction from her.

Whatever it was it didn’t sound too great regardless… Uh oh…

I hurried up from the tiny table we were building the gingerbread house on top of to find the problem, but the problem found me first... and by the look on my mom’s face it was an even bigger ‘uh oh’ than I thought.

“Kim Taeyeon please tell me that you two aren’t planning on keeping your schedules as full as they usually are during this pregnancy,” my mom said with a semi angry expression. “That’s just ridiculous.”

Huh? What?! Where was this even coming from?

Wait, and why was it ridiculous?

“How so,” I asked curiously. “We were planning on keeping them about the same until Tiffany started to show, then she obviously couldn’t go out in front of- OW~ mom,” I whined as my arm was now stinging from where she smacked me. “What was that for?”

“Kim Taeyeon, I know you’re not that dumb. I raised you better than that,” she said disappointedly.

My eyes searched for any hint to as what could’ve set her off, but I only saw a worried looking Tiffany a few feet away. Our eyes locked, but she just shrugged.

Great, she didn’t know what was going on either.

“Wh-what are you talking about mom,” I asked carefully. Making sure not to accidently trigger another hit.

Gah, that still stings.

“Kim Taeyeon, you can’t expect Miyoung to attend numerous schedules per day that involve dancing and performing all while carrying and growing that precious life inside her, can you? Hmm,” she pushed without giving me even a second to think.

Jeesh…

“Well, I-I guess not,” I questioned. “But we-“

“Exactly,” my mom cut off. “Do you know how much energy it takes to grow a human Taeyeon? Poor Miyoung must be exhausted all the time and it’s only going to get worse.” My mom put her hand on Fany’s back and-

Wait…

“Worse,” I questioned aloud.

It was already pretty bad now… of course she was still going to all her schedules too so that could be part of the problem…

Whatever, I just didn’t want it to get even worse for her at all! She already feels sick all the time, what more could happen?

Nope. I didn’t even want to know.

“Yes worse Taeyeon. For now I suppose it shouldn’t be too strenuous since you aren’t very big yet, but once you start to show it’ll get harder and harder. You’ll eventually get out of breath by just walking around the house!”

Heol… Seriously?! It gets that bad?!

“Besides all that the first three months are the most crucial for the baby. All the little angel’s major organs are forming and we don’t want anything bad to happen while they are. What if you were to take a bad spill again? Could you imagine what would happen if you landed on your stomach instead of your knee this time, omo,” she breathed out in worry. “I don’t even want to think about it.”

While my first thought was that my mom has been reading way too many pregnancy books, my second, and most worrying, thought was that I haven’t been reading enough.

She was right.

I remember reading something that said that the first three months were the most important, but I had no idea just how important… Heol… and I didn’t even want to think about what would happen if Tiffany fell again… or I should say when.

Tiffany wasn’t the most graceful dancer in her group…

“But umma won’t I be okay for a while? I should be able to keep going a little longer right? If I take it easy,” Tiffany added worriedly.

I turned toward my mom and waited for her reply as well. I was so… so… jumbled!

This whole time we thought that if Tiffany took it easy she’d be fine. I mean she obviously wasn’t going to be able to go run a marathon or start bungee jumping anytime soon, but she could still perform and dance and everything without an issues... other than being a little more tired than usual of course.

Seeing my mom freak out like this though definitely worried me. I mean yeah she sometime overreacts, but this time I don’t think she was. Hell in this case it was totally worth listening to her either way! The subject was rather important I’d say.

This was our baby! Her grandchild! She was just trying to help us do what was best for it and I know for a fact my mom wouldn’t say this kind of stuff just to scare us either… She was serious… which worried me even more honestly.

Have we been screwing up this whole time? I-

“Yes of course, Miyoung. I’m not trying to tell you to go on bed rest or anything like that. I know you’re both idols who are on the go a lot, but I sincerely think you should slow down dear,” she said sweetly. “Not just for the baby, but for yourself too. Take some time for yourself, for your baby.”

I could tell by Fany’s expression that she was even more worried now and I couldn’t have that. I took a few steps closer and put my arm snugly around her back. I-

“I think she’s right Steph,” Leo said from behind us.

Wait… Leo?

Leo Hwang? Tiffany’s older brother that I’ve never heard say anything serious in the entire time of knowing him?

If anyone, I’d expect it from her sister, but Leo?

He started saying something in English about their cousin that I followed at first, but once he started speaking faster I was totally lost. I could tell he was serious about whatever he was saying though and that was so strange to me.

I heard the word ‘stress’ at least three times and something about a phone too but I don’t know. I’ll have to ask Tiffany later.

Her eyes grew a little bigger after he finished. She turned to face my mom again and quickly asked a question.

“Can stress really hurt the baby?” My mom nodded.

“Of course Miyoung. If you’re stressed out that can raise your blood pressure and that will certainly affect the baby’s blood supply which is still you. I’m not quite sure what it could do, but I don’t want to wait and find out either.” I nodded. Neither did I.

I’m no doctor, but not having enough blood is definitely not good for anyone.

“I think you really need to think about things with Taeyeon and maybe even your doctor to decide the best plan for you both.” I felt Tiffany’s arm wrap around my waist.

I couldn’t even imagine what was running through her head right now, but I knew it wasn’t good.

She was probably overreacting, over-worrying and going way too hard on herself like she usually does… she was good at it.

“And if SM gets in the way, let me know,” my mom said sturdily. “They are messing with the wrong grandma this time.”

Okay, now I had to laugh at that. I know she was trying to be serious, but my mom acting extra tough like that was just so funny to me.

She was so cute and tiny… I couldn’t imagine her hurting anyone… except me clearly.

Her comment did finally get my lovely wife to smile though. Ah~ that’s more like it.

I’ve seen her worried look way too much recently.

“I didn’t mean to bring the mood down or anything, I’m sorry. I’m just worried about you guys,” my mom said lovingly. “You two are up here all alone and going through some pretty big changes all at once… ugh,” she sighed. “It must be hard.” I grinned.

“We’re okay umma. We can do it.”

“You better,” she sassed. What the… “I expect to be pinching the cheeks of your little cutie by next Christmas.” I laughed again.

She was something else…

“Whatever you say mom.” She hummed.

“That’s right; now go get your sisters and your father... it’s time to eat.”

_____________________________________________

 

 

OH MY GOSH. I'm sincerely sorry for taking so long!

This story however does usually have the longest chapters compared to my other stories and about half way in I always get stuck.
I never know what I want to do and this time I hit a major writer's block. I've been slowly getting over it, but I still don't think it's completely over. (I don't know yet)
This chapter took forever also because I just kept second guessing myself and just straight up redoing the chapter a few times. haha
I'm really good at doing that too...
It would tremendously help if you, the readers, told me what you wanted to see next though.(or what you don't want to see)
I always take into consideration your suggestions and wants and everything of the sort~!


AGAIN, I'm Sorry. >_<
The next one should be a little faster though since I think I know what I'm going to write about for that one!^^

p.s. I changed my name on here because I was over the last one haha
sorry for the confusion!
If you didn't even notice then sorry for wasting your time by having you read this too :p