Hidden

Into the New World: Together

 

 

 

 

“Do you think I look fat?” I looked at her in disbelief.

“Seriously?” She hummed and looked back at me through the mirror.

This girl…

“You look exactly like you did two months ago Tiffany, nothing’s changed.” She sighed.

“Yet.” I grinned.

“Yeah, yet.” I wrapped my arms around her stomach and rested my chin on her shoulder… which was a lot easier to do with her in those heels. “You’ll still be beautiful when you make room for our Dukong too babe, stop worrying,” I said in a lower voice.  

“That’s not what I’m worried about right now Tae, what if someone notices before we say anything?”

Hmm, she had a good point, but it was seriously impossible for someone to be able to say she was pregnant right now… Okay, so it wasn’t exactly impossible because people say that about us once a week at least.

One time Tiffany wore one of my sweatshirts to the airport instead of her usual fitted clothes and people started saying she was trying to hide a baby bump! It was ridiculous, and completely proven wrong when she wasn’t wearing it the way back.

BUT~, she wasn’t showing at all right now any way. Not even a little. If I didn’t know any better and she told me she was pregnant I would totally think she was lying. Tiffany still had her perfectly slim body and no reason to worry about that… yet.

“You have nothing to worry about Tiffany. I promise. If anything people will be talking about how good your s look an-OW~,” I groaned as the very slight pain spread through stomach. “What?”

“Don’t say that out loud Taeyeon, were in public you idiot.” I smirked.

“It’s not like they haven’t noticed ba- oww~,” I groaned again. “Stop elbowing me.”

“Stop teasing me.” Oh my-

“Teasing?” I unwrapped myself and looked her in the eyes. “I’m not teasing Fany, they really do look good, especially in this tight… thing,” I motioned to the small black and silver sequined outfit she had on.

I could see her lips curving upward, but that totally reminded me.

“And why is yours the only one like this Fany-ah,” I asked. “Why can’t it be like Seohyun’s?”

“What?” She looked confused but it was obvious to me.

“You’re all exposed up here Fany-ah, you need one like hers,” I said as I pointed at the girl who just walked in the room seconds before.

“What about me oppa,” she asked cheerfully.

“I told Fany that she needs an outfit like yours that zips up all the way to the neck. This is too y.” Seohyun rolled her eyes and continued doing whatever she was doing in here in the first place.

Why that… She’s usually the one on my side too!

“Yah, see even Seohyun is rolling her eyes Taetae. You’re being ridiculous.”

“Yeah, yeah~,” I said dejectedly. “It’s still too y.” Tiffany smiled the smile that melted me every single time and cupped my cheek.

“Are you really that mad about it?” I nodded… even though I wasn’t.

At all.

I personally loved it. She looked so good. Her hair was up too which only accentuated her alluring neck line and collar bones and- UGH. I could look at her all day.

Even though I wasn’t mad at all, it was very rewarding to act like I was. For some reason Tiffany liked it! I don’t know if she thought it was cute or silly or just because she liked me telling her that she was too y, but she always had the biggest smile on her face and the biggest ‘need’ to make it up to me.

I could never pass it up.

“I’m sorry Taetae,” she said as her slim arms s around my waist. “I’ll make it up to you later if you want~,” she said playfully.

It took all the strength not to grin.

“Really?” I tried my hardest to act sad and-

“Mhm,” she hummed. I smiled.

It worked~!

Assa~! I knew it would.

I brought my face downward and pressed my lips right on hers.

“I love you.”

“I love you too. Thank you for being here today Taetae.” I grinned.

“Aye~, you should be thanking LSM.”

He was the one who thought this up anyway.

We all knew for a while SNSD was going to have a Christmas Special this year, however SM thought that the time slot they were getting was only forty five minutes. Tiffany and her members were practicing for a forty five minute show and had the set pretty much finished… until a few weeks ago when SM said that they would have twice as long instead.

The PD tried to fill the time by adding more stages and performances but it still didn’t fill the time. Tiffany said that they even recorded little talk segments and a segment where they surprised a military base with a performance but it still didn’t cut it.

That’s where TYS came in.

It was also one of the many things we talked about with LSM last week at our surprise meeting.

We, TYS would be MC’ing and I would be performing… three times. Once as a duet with Tiffany, of course, once with SNSD as a whole, and once by myself.

I didn’t understand why I would sing a song by myself on a SNSD special but LSM said because our most recent ‘Christmas’ album is doing so well and that our sales are still growing; it could only help the ratings.

While I’m sure he was actually right, it still didn’t feel right to me… but getting to spend multiple hours with Tiffany and getting paid to do so is literally the best job in the world so I really, honestly, couldn’t complain.

“And you should not be in here Kim Taeyeon-ssi,” a rather loud voice said from behind me. “I believe the boy’s dressing room is across the hall.”

Aish…

“Where you two just were I’m sure, huh Lee Sunkyu, Jung Sooyeon?” She looked away.

“I don’t know what you’re referring to,” Jessica said in her weird arrogant but not way.

“You better go,” Tiffany smiled. “And look Sunny’s outfit is low like mine too so you can go cry to Sooyoung about it.”

“Yah~ I was not crying!”

“Mhmm,” she hummed with a pat on my . “Time to go. I’ll see you in a little bit.” I groaned.

“Fine. Do good babe. Break a leg… all of you!”

I heard one loud ‘ne’ before being pretty much shoved out the door.

How rude…

Just like Tiffany said though, within the next ten minutes I saw her again.

I was getting my ear piece put in so I could hear myself when I tried to MC this recording here soon and saw her heading toward the stage in a large red cloak kinda thing. I called out one more ‘fighting’ to my adorable wife and waited for everything to begin.

This was going to be so much fun!

_____________________________________________

 

We did a few opening dances for the audience and then after we finished performing ‘The Boys’ we scurried back stage to change our outfits for the first of many wardrobe changes.

We shed our rather y black shimmery outfits for cute and simple green dresses and when I walked out of the changing room the look on Taeyeon’s face was definitely not as bright as when I went in. Hmm.

“What’s wrong?” He grinned.

“Nothing, I just liked the lacy outfit better.”

I should’ve known.

“Ugh,” I sighed. “Byuntae.” He shrugged.

Aish, he’s not even going to pretend to deny it anymore either…

“It’s okay though, you look really cute in this dress too babe,” he grinned. “You look like an elf.” It was hard not to give in to his cuteness.

“It is a Christmas Special Taetae.” His eyes rolled.

“I know~ that. I’m just saying… You should wear your hair in pigtails more often.”

“You like it?” He nodded with a huge grin forming his face, forcing his eyes to grow tinier and tinier and-

UGH! How was he this cute?!

I put my hands around his neck and quickly pulled him in for a kiss. I was very careful though, I couldn’t mess up either of our make ups… we still had a long way to go here today.

“Thirty seconds Tiff,” one of our managers called.

Speaking of…

“Ne oppa~,” I called back. A video was playing for the audience on the huge drop down screen MBC had while we changed and it must be about over. “I’ll see you soon.”

I kissed him one more time before hurrying to where I was actually supposed to be.

It wasn’t long at all until I saw him again though. After we sang a more relaxed version of ‘Kissing You’ the three MCs came out and talked with us again.

We chatted about a few things like which member has changed the most in the four years we’ve been promoting and which member does this, which does that… basically the typical fan service questions. Then we all sat on stage and watched a surprise visit to a military base we prerecorded a few weeks ago.

It showed us first in the bus at six in the morning and I very clearly remembered that day because we had to leave at three in the morning just to get ready and travel to the base in the first place!

Ooh it was rough, especially since I was even more tired than usually because of this little monster growing inside me.

That day, after I got in a good hour long nap of course, turned out to be really fun and very inspiring.

Seeing all the army guys cheering us on so hard definitely made me rethink the whole ‘my fans not liking me anymore’ thing a little.

If these guys still liked me and SNSD in general even after my marriage and Jessica’s relationship news with Yuri got out, would a baby be that much more? I mean I’m already clearly off the market, isn’t that enough? They loved Jessica even though she has a very popular and very good looking boyfriend too so that was totally a good sign, right?

I thought so at least. Maybe Taeyeon was right…

This would definitely be one of the times where I wasn’t mad about it too. It made me feel a whole lot better about myself and the situation that I’m now stuck in.

We were only the first part to a surprise reunion between a solider and his family that he hasn’t seen in a long time that day too though! It was so nice to be able to be there and make the surprise that much more impactful.

When the part that I was dreading came though, I was thankful Taeyeon was sitting right beside me.

The solider kept talking about how he missed his mom and how he wanted to see her and it triggered my inner thoughts as well. I missed my mom so much, I think even more right now than ever.

I was becoming a mom myself and I had no idea what to do! I wanted to talk to her, ask her things, and just have her help me make sure I wasn’t screwing up in general! I was thankful Taeyeon’s mom stepped in and sort of filled in that position, but she could never fill in the spot of my heart that my mom remained in. I would always miss her and that day I definitely teared up.

Watching myself tear up on the screen now and just reliving the whole situation again didn’t help and I could feel myself choking up again, but somehow that stupidly amazing husband of mine knew.

Taeyeon sneakily slid his hand in my lap and gave my hand a firm squeeze.

Well, I guess it wasn’t as sneaky as I thought based on the amount of screams and noises I heard the audience make, but oh well. We weren’t being actually recorded since the focus was on the video and it made me feel better so they could get over it!

After the video ended we talked for another minute or two before going back stage to start to prepare for our solo stages.

Jessica was first and she sung ‘When You Wish Upon a Star’ after a short video and a quick outfit change. I only got to watch the very end of hers since I was still getting ready for our stage coming up soon, but I could hear her the whole time and she sounded amazing. I was so proud of her… and so was Yuri.

When I came out of the dressing room, he was sitting there watching the monitor with the warmest and proudest smile one could ever have.

Seriously, it was so adorable. I would’ve snapped a picture of him but I unfortunately didn’t have my phone on me.

Ugh, the one time!

Seohyun was next up and I got to watch her whole performance of ‘Winter Wonderland’ from start to finish. She played piano while singing for the most part and I was amazed. I don’t think I’d ever be able to do that even if I practiced.

Our maknae was the best.

Up next was the performance I was looking forward to the most all day.

Because Jessica and Seohyun had to quickly change outfits so we could perform a Christmas song as SNSD together, the PD threw in a filler performance. That filler performance was none other than my Taeyeon. He was singing his rendition of ‘O Holy Night’ just like he did on their Christmas album.

The album version was incredible and it was even in the top ten on the charts for a while, but I knew the live version was about to be more amazing than it times a hundred.

Taeyeon always knew how to kill live stages.

“To take a little break and let the girls get ready to keep wow-ing us, we have a special performance planned for you all,” Yuri said energetically.

“Yes we do,” Sooyoung agreed on stage. “You all may know him as ‘SNSD’s personal cheerleader’ or maybe just as ‘Tiffany’s husband’ but to us he’s our very own kid leader,” Sooyoung cheered. I laughed.

They were too funny!

“TYS’s Kim Taeyeon,” the two guys said together. The crowd cheered and soon the piano began along with my Taeyeon’s incredibly smooth voice.

 

Song.
(Just pretend the voice is a boy's)

 

He was in the middle of the stage in a black suit that fit him perfectly while fake snow fell around him as he hit each note perfectly. He slightly mispronounced the word ‘world’ in English and I had to grin.

That word always gave him trouble.

“He’s doing really good,” Sunny said as Tae started the second verse. I could only nod. I was totally engulfed in his performance. His voice was amazing and the aura he gave off on stage was remarkable.

On his first big note though, my jaw actually dropped. It quickly turned into a smile, but I still couldn’t believe that the guy who just made that beautiful noise was mine!

“Heol… he might show us up at our own event,” Jess said from behind me as the short instrumental break took place. When Taeyeon opened his mouth again and sang the next big ‘divine~’ though…    [@2:07 in the video]

I just… How?

How could someone make a note like that with their actual voice? He didn’t pre-record or have backup vocals or anything but Kim Taeyeon just created the most beautiful note I’ve ever heard in any K-Pop performance ever and I’ve heard quite a few.

I had actual goosebumps on my arms after he hit the elongated note and my mind was blown. I couldn’t even hear the last few lines he sang for that note replayed in my head over and over and-

“Oh god he did,” Jess said as the audience filled with applause and screams. “Whose idea was it to have him perform?”

I couldn’t tell if she was kidding or not, but I didn’t care. Taeyeon did beyond amazing and I couldn’t wait to give him a big hug when I came back from our next stage.

_____________________________________________

 

Tiffany was in their dressing room yet again but this time when she came out I had no words. I-

“Yah wipe that grin off your face Kim Byuntae,” she scolded with a grin of her own. I couldn’t hold it back.

“But you… ugh,” I sighed aloud. “You get to keep that outfit right?” She smacked my arm. “I’m serious babe, you look good.”

Her brow rose.

“Just ‘good’?” I could see her lips curving and I lost it. My hands found her hips and reeled her in closer.

“Nuh-uh,” I shook my head. “You look beautiful and y and stunning and-“

“Tiffany-ssi,” a crew member called out, interrupting me mid-compliment.

“And late,” I laughed. She grinned.

“I know. I’m coming,” she hollered back.

“I’ll be back soon. Pay attention to the song pabo, okay?” I nodded, even though that may be a little hard to do.

Tiffany flashed me one more smile before rushing off to the stage and- oh god.

I think the back view was even better if that was possible.

Tiffany was wearing a white button up tank top with a red tie and suspenders with the shortest skirt I think she’s ever worn on television. The concept of the outfit was obviously ‘school girl’ and she would have put high school me into a coma.

One look at her in that outfit almost made me stop breathing now, I couldn’t even imagine if I saw her like that years ago.

Damn, I was one lucky guy.

I walked to the monitor that was backstage and took a place right beside Sunny.

“Hey Taeng, your song was amazing.” I smiled.

“Thanks Sunkyu. You’ll do great in yours too,” I cheered. She was up after Tiffany.

“I hope so.” I heard the music start on stage and- “She re-wrote the lyrics to the first bit herself,” Sunny informed.

Wait…

“Really?” Why didn’t she say anything? Sunny hummed.

Heol… maybe that’s why she told me to pay attention.

The monitor showed her walking down the stairs onto the stage and I automatically smiled at her presence. My eyes headed down to her y legs and- No.

Pay attention to the words you idiot. You know she’s probably going to sing in English so it’ll take extra concentration to decipher what she’s singing about.

Right. She stepped on to the main platform and-

 

Performance.

 

You’re the one, I want tonight, on the special winter night
hold me close, right by your side, feels so right, make it last forever~

Boy you’ve got my heart racing, you’re the one I need in this Christmas dream tonight
I’ll be waiting underneath at the Christmas tree, in my Christmas dream tonight~”

 

The music picked up and my cheeks hurt.

She was so freaking cute that it physically hurt me... in the best way possible of course.

Tiffany walked toward the middle of the stage and continued with the rest of the song. The rest of the lyrics were the original ones Katy Perry wrote for the song but it was still as cute as hell that she picked this song to sing for me on this big stage that was going to be broadcasted on Christmas.

I truly loved her.

Later in the song when she sang the words ‘every February, you’ll be my valentine’ she made the most adorably embarrassed face while making a heart with her hands and I lost it.

That was all I could take.

My cuteness level had been exceeded today and I had no idea what to do.

Everything she did made me smile even more and I was seriously worried about my cheeks being stuck like this permanently.

The song ended soon afterward and before I could see her, Tiffany took off toward the dressing room again. Aish… I guess she did have to change for our duet though. There was no possible way I could sing properly beside her while she wore that.

Sunny was on stage now doing a great job, but what was happening beside me pulled my attention even more.

Jessica was getting ready to go on stage next for her duet with SHINee’s Onew and Yuri wasn’t happy about it.

I could hear the aegyo in his voice and figured Tiffany must have broken my cringe meter too! This wasn’t even fazing me!

“Why do you have to do a duet with Onew,” Yuri groaned. “Why couldn’t you have done it with me? Taeyeon gets to sing with Tiffany,” he whined. Jessica cupped his cheeks.

“When you can sing like Taeyeon or Onew we can do a duet Kwon Seobang.” I had to try extra hard to keep myself from laughing aloud at that one. Jessica didn’t even try to be nice.

Yuri didn’t care though it seemed. He just pouted.

“It’s not fair… I’m cuter though.” She grinned.

“Yes you are. If it was off looks you’d be number one every time babe.” Yuri grinned.

“You think so?” She ran a hand through his hair and hummed.

“I know so. I-“

“Hey Jess,” her manager interrupted.

Jessica immediately took two steps away from Yuri and let his hands drop from her hips like nothing was even happening. Seriously. If I wasn’t watching before I wouldn’t have thought anything was going on at all.

I was pretty impressed actually.

No wonder those two were the best at staying out of the headlines… Even when they do go out together there’s nothing much said about it other than they were out… and together. They never catch them doing anything ever! Not even holding hands! The most they’ve ever captured the two doing is sitting next to each other.

They were good.

Tiffany and I were going to have to take lessons or something; we always get caught by somebody.

ALWAYS.

“It’s time to go. Tiffany and Taeyeon stay on standby.”

Huh? Tiffany? But she was-

“Ne, oppa~!”

What the…

She was right behind me apparently.

“How long have you been there?” She smiled.

“Long enough to watch you make that face.” Huh?

“What face?”

“The one you get when you’re deep in thought,” she grinned. “What were you thinking about?”

“Nothing.” Her brows rose.

Damnit, maybe it was just me… I always get caught with everything I do!

I sighed.

“I was just thinking that maybe we should be like them. Ya know, more careful in public and everything?” She nodded.

“I’ve thought about it too,” she started, surprising me.

I had no idea she had those thoughts. I thought she loved the attention.

“But then I thought about how we wouldn’t be able to go out anywhere or kiss and hug and even hold hands when we do go out and I don’t think I can do that,” she smiled, bringing out those crescents that I love so much.

She had a very good point though.

I could probably restrain myself from kissing her in public since we try to keep that at a minimum anyway and possibly hugging too, but hand holding?

No way.

We even watched Jessica and Onew’s duet while holding hands. It was such a natural thing to have my hand in hers I wouldn’t even know how to try to stop holding her hand in the first place!

I didn’t want to!

I would never give that one up.

Ever.

_____________________________________________

 

“We have to go to SM after this,” Tiffany asked worriedly. I nodded. “Like… right?” I grinned.

“Yeah babe, right after this,” I confirmed. I didn’t know why she was asking though, it’s not like she didn’t already know…

“Oh my god,” she said under her breath in English. While it was pretty amusing to watch her freak out, I had to stop her here. I mean I was worried too of course, but I think she might be worrying a little too much… and by a little I mean a lot.

Today was the day of our first real appointment for our little Dukong and I couldn’t be more excited. I was really, really hoping they could do one of those x-ray things too.

How awesome would it be if we could see our little princess… or prince… hopefully princess?

Whatever!

The reason Tiffany was freaking out though is because we had to go talk to the people at SM right after we got done here.

She said a few times that it didn’t make sense that they wanted to talk to us today and that they could’ve scheduled a meeting tomorrow or the next weeks, but I think it made perfect sense.

At our meeting with LSM a week and a half ago literally nothing happened.

Obviously he told us a lot of other things but none of it had to do with the little bomb Tiffany and I dropped on him.

He was actually really creepily calm about the whole thing.

The first question out of his mouth was the typical ‘Are you sure?’. I nodded and explained how we got the results from the blood test the company made us take a while back. He nodded and smoothly asked the next question.

Are you keeping it?

I won’t lie, but that one threw me off. I guess I just didn’t expect him to say it so bluntly like that. It took me a second longer than it should have, but I responded as soon as I could with a very firm ‘Yes sir.

He nodded again and then asked another pretty straightforward question. ‘Do you want to continue performing?

I remember nodding again and telling him that we both wanted very much to continue performing and stay in our groups as well. Neither of us wanted to give that up if we didn’t have to.

It was silent for what felt like eight years after that but LSM eventually spoke up and said that he honestly didn’t know what to do at this point. He said that he would have to talk to the other people in the company to make a decision on what to do from here on out and call us back in when they made it. I understood where he was coming from and I was so glad that he wasn’t furious with us, but that was basically torture for us.

While LSM wasn’t mad and he even set up extra security and everything for Tiffany when she went overseas the next day, it was still nerve-wracking. Even though he couldn’t technically kick either of us from the company because of our adjusted contract that came along with marriage it was still scary to think about what could happen. I don’t think the contract said anything about staying in our groups, so that was my biggest worry.

The scariest part was that no one could even guess what they were going to do. This was the first time in idol history something like this has happened so no one knew how this was going to play out at all.

It didn’t help that it took so long to figure it out though either. Hell who knows if they even figured it out!

It’s been a week and a half and my manager just got the call from SM last night.

A week and a half!

They knew we had an appointment this morning so the company told my manager that they wanted to see us afterward.

“They probably want to meet with us so we can tell them what’s going on,” I explained. She turned to look right at me.

What’s going on,” she asked sharply. “What’s going on is that I’m having a baby Taeyeon, what more do they need to know?” I smiled. Because Tiffany’s mood swings were nothing to joke about before she got pregnant I feel like it kind of prepared me for the ones after she became pregnant.

“Fany-ah, come here,” I said from the table she was most likely supposed to be sitting on.

“What,” she asked grumpily. Her brows were furrowed and I could tell she needed a good sleep. I wrapped my arms around her waist and let my hands rest on the small of her back, pulling her in even more.

“I’m sure SM just wants to meet after the appointment so we can tell them more information,” I started. Last time we were pretty vague and our CEO didn’t really ask any more questions so there were a lot of things left in the dark that I’m sure they needed to know. “Like when it’s due, what you can and can’t do so our baby stays healthy and all that kind of stuff, okay?”

I could tell by her raising brows that her bad mood was lifting, but she still wasn’t responding.

Aigo~, this girl!

“Okay~,” I asked playfully as I shook her just a tad.

No response.

I slid my hands up just a little to tickle her sides, but just as I started she caved in.

“Okay, OKAY! Okay Taeyeon,” she breathed. I chuckled.

It always worked.

“Are you okay now?” She hummed. “Are you gonna keep worrying?” She hummed again.

Damnit.

“Fany~!”

“What Taeyeon? I can’t stop worrying. What if the doctor tells me I have to stop performing like yesterday? What am I supposed to do? I have so many schedules.”

Heol… she did have a good point, but I couldn’t let her worry. Not yet. They might not even say anything!

“They won’t tell you to stop all of them babe. Even if they tell you to stop performing, which I don’t think they will,” I clarified again. I could see her eyes growing larger with every word I spoke. “You can still go to all the radio shows and interviews and photoshoots and all those kind of things.”

“I won’t be able to perform though Tae.” I could tell she was sad and I really wished I could do something to help her, but I didn’t know what I could do. It’s not like I could carry the baby instead!

“I’m sorry Tiffany. I really don’t think they’ll tell you to stop yet,” I said honestly. “It’s only been two months babe. The only thing that has really changed is that you pee way more often… and your s got bigger of course, but I’m sure your fan boys li- OW!”

Gah, does she have to hit me every time I mention them?

“I’m just saying… if they do tell you to stop I’m sure it’ll be a lot later… Like a lot~ later,” I exaggerated. “Like when you can’t fit into these tight jeans you have on,” I smirked as I slid my hands into her back pockets.

“You think?” I hummed.

“Just think that this is only going to last seven more months and we’ll get a cute little baby out of it at the end,” I grinned, hoping I could cheer her up as well. She sighed.

“I guess you’re right,” she said adorably as she tried, and failed miserably, to hide her ginormous smile. “Our baby is going to be so cute Taeyeon.”

“The cutest,” I agreed. She giggled. “Now sit on this table and let’s wait for the doctor Fany-ah. Okay?”

“Okay. I just-“

“Nope. No worrying,” I interrupted. She sighed.

“Tae~,” she whined. “I just wanted to know if you… if you would do the talking again later,” she hesitated. “You know, at SM… I-“

“I would love to,” I lied.

Well I didn’t really lie, I mean if it makes Tiffany feel better of course I would do it for her, but if it really came down to it I was just as nervous as she was.

How would this all turn out?

_____________________________________________

 

“July twentieth,” Taeyeon said in disbelief once we reached the car.

I felt warmness within me that I have seriously never felt before.

“July twentieth babe,” he said again. “That’s so… so…,” he sighed. “Far away.” I smiled.

“It is,” I commented.

While it was seven months away it still seemed really, really close to me. In just seven months our lives would both be flipped upside down and changed for forever. Even though the change would be a pretty good one, in the end it was still going to be a change and changes are terrifying.

July twentieth is the day the doctor estimated for our little monster to come in to the world, and I say monster in the most loving of ways possible.

The doctor then said that it could come before or after that day as well and that this was just a quick estimate because we didn’t get an ultrasound to check for sure yet… and because Taeyeon asked her at least five times.

It didn’t really matter to me either way though, being at that appointment and talking about everything with the doctor made it all just so much more real. This was actually happening and to have a sort of real date to put with it was just… ugh. It was surreal!

The appointment itself went well, I think… the best it could’ve gone I guess? The doctor said that our baby was healthy so that was all we wanted to hear. It was actually pretty boring if I had to use a word to describe it. Well, I don’t think if boring is the right word but it was definitely uneventful.

Actually, I think Taeyeon and I are just bummed out because we didn’t get to see the previously mentioned ultrasound of our little guy or girl.

The doctor did tell us we would have one at our next appointment for sure though to help pin point more of an exact due date and that definitely put a smile on Taeyeon’s face… even though it was a whole month away.

He was so precious.

Instead of being able to see our little blob, we just talked for a good portion of the visit that lasted almost an hour. Seriously. We talked about my general health, our medical histories, our families’ medical histories, and so much more. Taeyeon even had to call his mom a few times because he wasn’t sure about some of the things she was asking. It was intense.

After we got through all that the doctor took a blood sample for some tests and did a few more awkward tests in general and we were finally done! I was just glad Taeyeon was allowed to stay inside the room with me the whole time. I was afraid they’d make him leave!

He was with me the whole time and I didn’t want to think about it being any other way. It-

“Omo, that’s super close to your birthday babe,” he said happily, interrupting my thoughts. “Maybe you two can have a joint birthday party.” I smiled at his adorable idea, but I had to disagree.

“Nuh-uh. I want my own.” Taeyeon laughed.

“Wow~, you don’t want to share your special day with our baby? Jeesh Fany-ah,” Taeyeon said playfully. It was my turn to laugh now.

“No~, it’s just that once it’s born we’ll spend every day with it and I’ll want my own day where it’s just you and me Taetae,” I explained. “We’ll need alone time too you know.” He hummed.

“That’s true, we won’t be able to talk about how cute she is in front of her. She’ll get an attitude.” I laughed.

That was what he was worried about?

“I’m serious Fany.” I smiled. “She can’t turn out like Yuri... or Jessica either- wow, their kids are going to be screwed.” I shook my head.

“I’m serious too and- and you don’t even know if it’s a girl pabo.” He grinned.

“So?”

“So quit calling it a girl until we know. It’s gonna have an identity complex and an attitude if we don’t watch out,” I teased. He chuckled.

“Okay, okay. You’re right… Ooh,” he exclaimed. “What if we do date nights then?”

“Date nights?” He hummed.

“We could set one day a week as our night and tell the baby to hit the road for an hour or two so mommy and daddy can play too.”

Oh my god, he did not just say that.

“Kim Taeyeon!”

“What? We could give it money for kimbap or something,” he smirked.

“Taeyeon,” I scolded again. He laughed.

“Gah, I’m obviously kidding Tiffany. Jesus… we both know our baby would prefer pizza,” he laughed again.

“Yah! You!” I reached my hand out to smack his arm but he caught my hand instead. “You-“

“I’m just kidding babe calm down,” he said before kissing my hand. I yanked it away.

“It’s not funny.”

“It’s a little funny,” he argued. I-

Okay, so maybe it was a little funny, but I just couldn’t believe that punk said we’ll have to tell our new born baby to hit the road! It wouldn’t even be able to crawl!

“I’m not kidding about the date night though. We’ll have to find a baby sitter or something.”

While the idea was great, I think Taeyeon might be forgetting something pretty huge. I hated to burst his bubble but…

“Tae I-“

“Omo,” he interrupted. “We could force our members in to it… or the new girl group at the company. Since we’re both their sunbaes they’d pretty much have to do it, right?” I grabbed his hand.

“Tae, we rarely get one whole night a week to ourselves as it is, what makes you think we’ll get one with another person in the mix? Another person that we have to take care of?”

“I… uh. Damn, you’re right,” he said disappointedly. “Sorry.”

Uhm, what?

“For? You didn’t even do anything babe,” I said. I really didn’t know where his brain was sometimes.

“For being so busy. I-“

Oh my god.

“Don’t even Kim Taeyeon,” I said firmly. I had to stop him right there. “We’re both really busy and were both to blame.”

Actually if we really wanted to get technical and put the blame on someone it’d be me. Since SNSD has at least twice as many tour stops as TYS this year and just more schedules in general it’s obvious that it’s my fault.

Taeyeon and TYS both were extremely busy on a day to day basis but at least ninety-nine percent of their schedules were in the same country! We fly to Japan at least once a week!

“I know, but still,” he sighed. “I can’t wait for our Christmas break.” I smiled just thinking about it.

“Me neither.”

In just five days Taeyeon and I would be on a two week vacation! It was kind of random and definitely short notice but since our schedules and jobs aren’t really normal, neither were our breaks. We couldn’t just take the day off or take a vacation whenever we wanted, well… I mean we could but we’d get in huge trouble and probably disappoint hundreds of fans but whatever. Instead of taking vacation like a normal person we basically have to take whatever SM gives us. Actually we technically wouldn’t even be getting the whole two weeks either. I know I still had a schedule a few days after Christmas with Seohyun and Taeyeon had to perform on a couple more music shows to wrap up his promotions.

It didn’t matter to me though. The thought of getting to spend more than one full day with Taeyeon made the idea of getting through one more schedule that much easier.

Omo! It would also be our first Christmas as husband and wife! It was super exciting and-

That reminded me.

“What are you getting me for Christmas?” Taeyeon scoffed.

“What makes you think I’ll tell you?” I grinned.

“Because you love me?” He smirked.

“Good try, and I do love you, but I’m not telling you.” I groaned.

“You’re no fun.”

“Yah,” he laughed. “You’re the one that said our gifts had to be small this year and you didn’t even let me get you anything last year… You’re the un-fun one babe.”

Oh my gosh.

“So what? I just don’t want you getting me anything super expensive Taeyeon. I don’t need anything like that… and I never know what to get you and it’s not fair,” I admitted honestly.

Shopping for guys is seriously the worst and I can go out and buy myself expensive things if I wanted to. I wanted his gift to be something more meaningful rather than expensive. It didn’t even have to be meaningful really, I just wanted him to go out and get me something that he thinks I would like rather than buying the most expensive of something and hoping I’ll like it. He squeezed my hand.

“You don’t have to get me anything Fany-ah, you’re already giving me the best present in the world.”

Ugh, I knew he would say something cheesy…

“The baby doesn’t count as a present pabo. It’s for both of us.” He laughed.

“Fine. I promise I won’t get you anything expensive as long as you promise me that there are no rules next Christmas.”

“Taeyeon,” I started.

“Fany,” he said desperately. “Please?”

“Ugh,” I sighed. Why was he so good at that? “Fine.”

“Assa~,” he cheered after his tone took a 180 turn. “You better not change your mind babe.”

“I won’t,” I assured. “If you get too crazy I’ll change it back to no gifts at all.” He glared.

“You wouldn’t.”

“I would,” I said icily.

“Okay, okay. I’ll be on my best behavior. I promise.” I smiled.

“You better.”

“I will be, don’t worry… Did you call the company though,” he asked.

Uhm…

“No? Why?”

“Because I was going to park in the front and wanted to know if any fans were out there, but I can just park in the back. It’s fine.”

Oh god.

I quickly looked out the window and I could see more than one familiar view. Taeyeon made a left at the light and quickly made another right turn after that and before I knew it we were in SM’s back parking lot.

We were here… already.

Taeyeon distracted me the whole time so I didn’t even have time to prepare myself for the mess that was about to happen.

That jerk! He-

“We’re here,” he said happily. I wanted to scream. “Are you ready?” I shook my head.

“No.” He laughed.

“Tiffany, we’ll be fine,” he cooed.

Will we though?

I had no idea what was about to happen and neither did he. We could only hope for the best and that’s exactly what we did.

_____________________________________________

 

“So?!” I looked at the faces of three obviously curious girls.

“So what,” I asked still in a daze.

I just woke up from a two hour long nap and I literally just walked into the living room of our dorm. I didn’t even know what time it was let alone what the hell she was talking about.

“How’d it go you idiot,” Jessica hissed.

OH, right.

That.

“The appointment or the meeting?”

“Both,” Sunny insisted.

“Ani, what did SM say first,” Jessica corrected. Since Sunny and Jessica had a recording of ‘Strong Heart’ and Seohyun had class, the three of them have yet to hear the news… if I could even call it news.

After the meeting Taeyeon had to go get ready for TYS’s schedule later so he dropped me off at the SNSD dorm. I wanted to tell them as soon as possible and I figured this shouldn’t be something I text since fans can clearly hack into our phones. Instead, I just waited for them to come home… but ended up falling asleep first.

Whoops~!

I half expected them to wake me up as soon as they got here, but oh well. There was no time like the present.

“Okay, uhm,” I started. I didn’t even know how to put this.

“Uhm what,” Jess urged. “What’d they say?”

“They just… they just said that I had to hide it.”

“HUH?” “What?!”

“To hide it?” I nodded.

“They told me we just had to keep it hidden until they’re ready for the news to come out.” The shock could not be hidden from their faces and I totally understood that. Taeyeon and I were and still are beyond confused.

I mean, this couldn’t be the best plan they came up with, right?

“Which is…,” Seohyun trailed off. I shrugged.

“They didn’t say.” Their faces contorted even more. “They just told me that we would be finishing some of our projects a lot faster than planned and doing more promotions and photoshoots and stuff while I still can.”

“The album too?” I nodded.

A few weeks ago we were told that we were going to start working on an album for next fall for our Korean comeback. We didn’t think too much of it because it was still almost a year away, but things have been changed just a little.

“We have to finish it for this spring.”

 “This spring,” Sunny asked loudly.

Okay, maybe a lot. I hummed.

Taeyeon said it was probably so that I could give the fans one more gift before I had to take time off but I could only see it as SM wanting to get one more album out of me before I potentially ruin my career and take SNSD with me.

They were getting ready to debut a new girl group in just a month or so…

“Tiff that only gives us a few months.” I nodded again. I didn’t know what to say. “How are we going to finish a whole album in a few months? We have no time as it is,” Jessica said worriedly. I shrugged.

“I don’t know Jess. I just don’t know,” I trailed off. I felt terrible already but seeing their faces… Ugh.” I’m so sorry guys. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I-”

“Tiff chill out, we’re not blaming you pabo,” Jessica chimed. “This wasn’t your plan.”

“Yeah it’s the stupid board at SM,” Sunny scoffed. “That might be the dumbest plan I’ve ever heard. How many people did it take to come up with that?” I just sighed.

“I don’t know Sunny.”

At least Taeyeon and I weren’t the only ones who thought the plan was dumb. Lying to the fans again probably wasn’t going to look very good on our part and we obviously can’t blame SM for telling us to do so… Ugh this was frustrating.

“I just don’t know,” I repeated. I don’t think I could feel guiltier if I tried.

“Well,” Seohyun said, breaking the awkward silence. “How did the appointment go?”

“Omo,” Sunny said excitedly. “Did you get to see it? Do you know if it’s a boy or a girl yet?”

“Yah, they can’t find that out until she’s like four months in Sunkyu,” Jessica commented.

“Oh jinjja,” Sunny asked looking at me. I nodded and- wait…

“How did you know that?” We all looked straight at her.

That wasn’t just common knowledge though right? Sunny didn’t know and neither did I before the doctor told me so how di-

“What,” she asked sassily. “I did my research, okay? Just tell us what they said.”

I laughed.

I could tell her cheeks were reddening and that she was a little embarrassed she got caught, but I wanted to give her a big hug.

My friends were the best. Their excitement cheered me up a little and I-

“C’mon Hwang,” Sunny demanded playfully. “Tell us!”

Right. I- wait…

“Okay, but that’s ‘Kim’ to you.”

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

Woo~! Finally an update!^^

Thank you all for being so paitent with me<3

Can we talk about GG's comeback though? *insert heart eyed emoticon*
I can't wait for the other two MVs!!

Let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions for the next chapter or even complaints!
I love to hear all of my reader's feedback<3